You are not logged in.

Announcement

#276 Thu, Nov2 2017 8:36pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Re: Mithril and the Fellowships Chronology

Gildor Inglorion wrote:

very interesting indeed, I hope it will be included in autoshipment... also I really like the Gildor, I ordered 2 smile

I'm not sure that I'll buy this MZ647... but also Gildor and Frodo are great miniatures....

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#277 Thu, Nov2 2017 9:23pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I've just noticed that a quarter of the 2017 figures were my suggestions! I have no idea how many I've won overall through the years, but it must be close to eight..... or is it?

I haven't compared the new Aragorn and Palantir figure to the old. Is there much difference?

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#278 Thu, Nov2 2017 10:59pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

I don't understand what this "new" MZ-remake is about.  In case those MS-releases will now be offered and sold as "new" MZ-releases for a similar expensive price I will definitely avoid to empty my purse for such releases.

#279 Fri, Nov3 2017 12:32am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

making this precise figurine a 3D sculpt allows them to not have any stock of it no matter if there ar new gold fellowship members in the future , it makes this figurine virtually unlimited in production (as for all MZ).... even this MS423 was beginning to grow old and the master may have been in bad shape so that it was becoming hard to reproduce it... All MS references dating back those days are  gone if I remember well... not available anymore...

as for the number of your winning suggestions master barliman, I keep track on the number of winning suggestions for each suggester in the first post and you are indeed at 8 winning suggestions too smile

the top suggesters are :

Hwolf : 19
Shadyt : 10
Mornedhel : 9
Barliman : 8
luthien4tinuvielle : 8
Axel : 8
Ddaines : 8
Twrich : 8

Thingol and myself are coming next with 6 winning suggestions.

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#280 Sun, Nov19 2017 5:24pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

as I am building up the suggestion database (see related topic) i actually see I miss quite some names of reccurent submitters, if any of you have them I will post them here and you can answer in private if you don't want it to be public...

the information will be put in the database but not communicated publicly in the end

I miss mainly (from winners):

- Khador
- Voivalvatti
- RohanGrl
- Fluvio
- enheduanna
- Mcdsean
- Picard
- Mindx2 (i only know your firstname actually hmm )

there are a lot more I miss from not winning suggestions, but I think it best to finish compiling them before giving a list here

thank you for your help

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#281 Sun, Nov19 2017 5:35pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Wow, I'd forgotten a lot of those names. Khador and Picard used to make suggestions quite often, I seem to remember. Some of the others I don't remember at all. (Memory like a lumber-roon, remember...)

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#282 Sun, Nov19 2017 5:46pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

I think that building up this suggestion database will also help federate and build up a directory of collectors and fans-through-the-years (both on MMP and official boards) that could really be interesting to have a network of communication smile

I am trying hard to reconnect all names from original forum to MMP, many names are on both but not all....

#283 Sun, Nov19 2017 7:01pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

there's one other name which was quite active years ago in original MMP and on official boards, ShadowSpawn, who lives in Texas I think, he even got the Travelling Elrond but I don't have his name sad

#284 Sun, Nov19 2017 9:18pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

I just saw something very very odd on the mithril official boards....

Michael O'Brien actually has three accounts (his regular admin account, but also 'michaelob' and 'mikeobrien' which are together Gold Fellowship members and thus able to vote... I wonder if for some months he did not use them to vote and thus incline some results but anyway...

there are currently 250 Gold Fellowship members registered... among which I'd say 50 are more or less active... on the forums, but I can't know how much are regular customers

#285 Sun, Nov19 2017 10:36pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

That's very odd indeed about Michael's aliases. I hope that polls aren't being surreptitiously influenced....

#286 Mon, Nov20 2017 9:30am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Barliman wrote:

Wow, I'd forgotten a lot of those names. Khador and Picard used to make suggestions quite often, I seem to remember. Some of the others I don't remember at all. (Memory like a lumber-roon, remember...)

I do not know about first one.. but Picard must be this one ;-)

Click to close

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#287 Mon, Nov20 2017 9:37am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

You klingon to that belief.

#288 Mon, Nov20 2017 10:41pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Thingol wrote:

Barliman wrote:

I do not know about first one.. but Picard must be this one ;-)

Click to close

That's bad, but .........

#289 Mon, Nov20 2017 10:42pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Barliman wrote:

You klingon to that belief.

This one is 'badder' lol....

#290 Tue, Nov21 2017 12:34pm

Maenas
Traveller

Gildor Inglorion wrote:

Michael O'Brien actually has three accounts (his regular admin account, but also 'michaelob' and 'mikeobrien' which are together Gold Fellowship members and thus able to vote... I wonder if for some months he did not use them to vote and thus incline some results but anyway...

I would say that it is more than probable that he uses/used those accounts to test the access to the different areas of the forum with different levels of access restriction, and to test the polls with idem accessing capabilities... and I would consider that much more probable than an obscure plan to misshap votings or whatever.... roll

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#291 Tue, Nov21 2017 2:40pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

i am sure of it too, still as I am doing a great amount of work on all mithril submitters and gold fellowship members that's a good info to have. I suppose many others are phantom members too... who joined at some point but have not participated (nor bought...) anything in quite some time

but well I am not here to facilitate business matters for Michael, I don't work for Mithril smile

#292 Tue, Nov21 2017 10:07pm

mindx2
Collector

Gildor Inglorion wrote:

as I am building up the suggestion database (see related topic) i actually see I miss quite some names of reccurent submitters, if any of you have them I will post them here and you can answer in private if you don't want it to be public...

the information will be put in the database but not communicated publicly in the end

I miss mainly (from winners):

- Khador
- Voivalvatti
- RohanGrl
- Fluvio
- enheduanna
- Mcdsean
- Picard
- Mindx2 (i only know your firstname actually hmm )

there are a lot more I miss from not winning suggestions, but I think it best to finish compiling them before giving a list here

thank you for your help

check your messages my friend. smile

#293 Tue, Nov21 2017 10:57pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

thanks a lot mindx2 smile

well now I think I'd really want to know who hides behind Voivalvatti (which means Butterbur in finnish) and Khador (whose login name is jsteinke)  those hints leave me clueless sad

#294 Thu, Dec14 2017 10:56am

Milo
The Attic Warden

I added last releases in MMP Database : MZ640, MZ641, MZ642, MZ647, MV648, Chr2017

Master Gildor, again, I made a mistake on MV648 and started using MZ648, could you please correct DB so that I can add images ?wink

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#295 Thu, Dec14 2017 3:45pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

will try to do that tonight, please if not done soon, remind me in email (I am overbooked at work those days hmm)

#296 Thu, Dec14 2017 6:23pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

i made the correction could you try to upload  pics ?

#297 Fri, Dec15 2017 6:45am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Done. It's working.wink

#298 Tue, Mar6 2018 12:35pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

I just added last 2018 releases MZ643, MZ646, MZ649 in database

#299 Thu, Jul5 2018 8:14am

Milo
The Attic Warden

I just added last 2018 releases MZ644, MZ645, MZ650 in database;
==> only M546, M547, M548, M549, M550, MZ621 holes remain  to be filled

#300 Thu, Jul5 2018 12:49pm

mindx2
Collector

I think the Watcher is a great piece!! I received my two a few days ago and am very impressed with Master Tubb's sculpt. Also it's quite heavy!!

Board footer