Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#76 Sat, Dec16 2017 11:46pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Re: THE TAPROOM 4

huoomm ... they pay for their own tabs ? ... rhûoomm ... obviously strange people they seem to be ... hooooOmm

#77 Sun, Dec17 2017 7:22am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Strange, certainly. People? Not so sure.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#78 Mon, Dec18 2017 6:36am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Thank you for the kind words, friend Milo, about caring for the patrons of the Pony, as Master Ent and I surely do. But don't be too hard on old Barli, he is a very busy man . . .  . I think we should be nice to him so he doesn't up and retire some day! And he practically lets us decide what to pay for our food and drink, very kind of him for the patrons!

Ok, back to my dark corner for an ale and a smoke.

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#79 Fri, Dec22 2017 10:42am

Maenas
Traveller

Passing by to have some hot spiced wine if possible and leaving a couple of X'mas cards for all of you.
Have an excellent Christmas !! winksmile

Last edited by Maenas (Fri, Dec22 2017 10:43am)

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#80 Fri, Dec22 2017 12:29pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Still many pints to pull before Chrismas, but thanks for the seasonal greeting!

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#81 Fri, Dec22 2017 2:21pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

I am currently working on Mithril catalogue 2014,2015,2016,2017 updates, I will bring these here once done. roll

Master Barliman, please bring me a good Xmas ale for it makes me thirsty!

Joyeux Noël à toutes et à tous !

Last edited by Milo (Fri, Dec22 2017 2:22pm)

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#82 Fri, Dec22 2017 3:17pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Here some pics of new catalogue updates already done. Good start. wink

Click to close Click to close
Click to close
Click to close Click to close

That hole for 621 is a pain is the a... really hmm
I am also wondering whether I shall start new MZ set or keep "Fellowship II" set on going using Ref numbers ?
For instance MZ648 is a vignette without MV reference.

Last edited by Milo (Fri, Dec22 2017 3:38pm)

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#83 Fri, Dec22 2017 4:46pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Excellemt stuff. It's difficult to know what to do with the "ambiguus refs, isn't it? Beregond at the ~Black Gate is a vignette without gaving an MV ref, for instance.

Do we know why the Elfhelm figure ended up as 632 rather than 621...?

#84 Sat, Dec23 2017 3:10pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoomm ... great job once again, Master Milo, so thank you again for keeping those matters updated ... huuooOOOMMmmm ...

alas ... believe it or not ... huom ... the last two days I tended to become hasty ... hrhuôm ... I had to cope with that Mithril-2017-Christmas-figure-assembly-kit and have it antique-finished myself ... rhuôm ... alright, I managed that just in time meseems ... hooOm ...
I do think that this Imrahil-version is one of the best Mithril-figures released this year ... huomtidomm ... wonderful ...
by the way, one shouldn't place it next to the older Christmas-2000-52mm-version .... rhûommm ...

huom ... Master Barliman, what is that spider doing in my bowl? ... huoom ... could you please drown it with a massive flood of some special liquid, er you know ... hom

#85 Sat, Dec23 2017 4:13pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Theobald wrote:

.. Master Barliman, what is that spider doing in my bowl?

I think it's the butterfly stroke, Master Tree.

#86 Sat, Dec23 2017 4:30pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

... huomm ... thanks a lot, Master Barliman, for keeping that spider that busy ... huom ... alas, eight legs with a butterfly stroke ... so fast that is ... huom ... urps ... sorry ... now it's trying to cope with my stomach ... hoommm ... I hope it wasn't Boris ...

#87 Sat, Dec23 2017 5:51pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

(Gasp!) Not Boris!! Wait - who's Boris?

#88 Sat, Dec23 2017 6:00pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoommm ... Boris, the spider ... er, that's what "The Who" called him once ... huoomm ... so you don't remember that song ...
alas ... rhuôm ... lumber mind that is ...

#89 Sat, Dec23 2017 7:19pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

No, don't remember that one, Master Tree. You obviously have a more retentive memory for minutiae than I do!

#90 Sun, Dec24 2017 12:13pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well Ladies and gentlemen, I think it's time for me to wish you all a very merry Christmas, as I don't think I'll be available from now and for at least two days. I hope you'll have a great time, don't eat nor drink too much at least not on master innkeeper's tab or I fear he'll risk bankrupcy smile

cya around all!

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#91 Sun, Dec24 2017 12:43pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoommm ... so I just join in to wish all people (including Hobbits and Elves of course) in the Pony a very merry Christmas ... huom ...

#92 Sun, Dec24 2017 1:47pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Likewise to all my patrons. A festive and enjoyable celebration to you all, from myself, Nob, Bob, and all the denizens lurking in sundry corners of this establishment!

#93 Sun, Dec24 2017 6:53pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

I wish very merry Christmas to all of you guys.... Cheers and all.... the best!!!

Click to close

Last edited by Thingol (Thu, Dec28 2017 8:36pm)

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#94 Thu, Dec28 2017 4:41pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Hope you all had a peaceful enjoyable Christmas.

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#95 Thu, Dec28 2017 5:31pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoommm ... well, thank you Master Hsf62, I enjoyed it .... rhûooOOOmmm ... until yesterday when I started to assemble that horrible Galadriel-vignette and those seven (!!!) parts of that mounted Aragorn, which I think is ridiculous ... huomrrrrhuom ... once again that idiotic upper part of those reins as a minor reason for my disappointment ... huom ... what are those sprues between the horse's legs good for? ... alas ...
Master Barliman, I need a very large bowl of my favourite liquid right now, please ... huom

#96 Thu, Dec28 2017 5:38pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Sounds like you need it.

I haven't looked at the Aragorn figure closely yet. Is it really seven parts? Wow. As an aside, one thing I have noticed about the MZ mounted figures is that their horses look like they've been at the gym rather too often, or are on hefty doses of steroids. Or both, perhaps. I cam't think of a technical reason why they need to be so bulky - does anybody know if there is one?

#97 Thu, Dec28 2017 8:42pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

hsf62 wrote:

Hope you all had a peaceful enjoyable Christmas.

I hope you also had it, dear Holger !

#98 Thu, Dec28 2017 8:51pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

I hope that they will not in nearest future start produce fully "crushed" miniatures... I do not understand why such a small figure need to have 7 parts...

btw... in my last shipment they forget to put into a parcel arm with sword from the MZ638 hmm so now I have zombie with one arm roll

Last edited by Thingol (Thu, Dec28 2017 8:53pm)

#99 Fri, Dec29 2017 12:52am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoomm ... I complained on that official website a very long time ago that the new "sculpting era" comes along with some (or even many?) inconveniences for us collectors who in the end ... gruoomm ... have to pay for that ... hoomm ... well, by now there's no need to buy those figures once they're released, as since a year or two there's always about three or four discount-sales with up to 50% offered by the company within a year ... ggrrruom ...

well, dear Thingol, using the word "crushed" in this context is absolutely correct ... huom ... I would like to know who decides where to butcher those figures obvious randomly into several parts for the spin-moulds ? ... rhuom ... and why ... alas

huom ... I really do like this year's Christmas figure very much ... er, that Christmas-figure-kit as it is for the first time in Mithril history ... huom ... it came as a surprise to encourage you to do some "antique-finishing" yourself after assembling ... wonderful idea that was ... hooom? ... grohuoommmmmmm

Master Barliman, I don't worry about the proportions and poses of them horses any more ... sorry ... huom ... I'm a bit more worried about my empty bowl, yer know ... huom

huom ... please never ask me about that horror-vignette, please ... hom!

#100 Fri, Dec29 2017 8:19am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I shall never mention it again. Now, just stand there and drink your "water" slowly and calmly. You sound as if you're getting a bit hasty.

Board footer