The Fall of Gondolin

May be of interest to those who like reading further. Can't wait myself wink

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2018/04 … announced/

#2 Sun, Apr22 2018 7:22am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Re: The Fall of Gondolin

Hm...great... but I'm not sure if we'll have croatian translation... we also do not have yet translation of  book "BEREN AND LUTHIEN" which one went on market almost 2 years hmm In final I wlll buy both books in english ....

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#3 Sun, Apr22 2018 8:19am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

damn,  this tale was believed to be a really "lost" tale, as everybody thought it was too "incomplete" and too heavily guarded to ever see the light of day !

this comes as a great surprise and may happen to reveal many things we have never seen before in the Silm or UT concerning this part of the story.

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#4 Sun, Apr22 2018 9:58am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

At the very least it will make the Tolkiens several million more pounds, though I suspect that, like the Silmarillion, I won't find it especially readable; but we shall see. Unlike his dad's work, I fundamentally find Christopher's writing style rather heavy-going.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#5 Sun, Apr22 2018 10:00am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

I rather suspect that those books release will allow for a more solid and substancial scenario for the forthcoming Amazon pre-Lotr TV series, considering the Tolkien Estates are parterns and that Christopher Tolkien, well, did not have his say in it... I suspect he would at least prefer the prequels are based on solid litterature (silm and UT not being very "solid") than complete non canon fiction.

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#6 Sun, Apr22 2018 5:53pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

I just would like to support Master Barliman's point of view.

Board footer