Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#251 Wed, May23 2018 6:45pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Re: THE TAPROOM 4

I see the Legolas and Gimli boat is up for sale now, just ordered a couple for future projects (who am I kidding, LOL).

#252 Wed, May23 2018 8:00pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Someone now needs to make a Fellowship suggestion for a "seated, paddling Strider" to fit into the Legloas and Gimli boat....

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#253 Wed, May23 2018 9:16pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Barliman wrote:

Someone now needs to make a Fellowship suggestion for a "seated, paddling Strider" to fit into the Legloas and Gimli boat....

Well Master B, I had purchased four of the Boromir's funeral boat with the idea of converting some figures, and for Aragorn I grabbed an extra 'Prancing Pony' figure of him seated which I think with a bit of tweaking can be used for such purpose.

My attempts at converting a Legolas and Gimli were not a great success so this release is ideal for me, I remain pi**ed off that the design of the boat isn't consistent with the former, but do think this boat does have a more 'elvish' look to it.

Maybe Mithril will produce the other two boats and save me the headache of trying to convert Boromir roll

#254 Thu, May24 2018 6:41am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Good luck, either way!

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#255 Thu, May24 2018 3:16pm

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Gentlemen (and gentlewomen and gentlehobbits), I should advise you that the MX(s) I am going to propose to Chris are the other two Lorien Boats. I just thouht I should let you know in case it might affect any future purchases you contemplate. Of course, there is no assurance that Chris will agree to it, but I am hopeful due to my correspondence with Lars.

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#256 Thu, May24 2018 3:43pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Master Tom, that sounds very promising! cool
The good thing is the boat is saved in the PC already!big_smile There for I believe there wont be another change in the design of the boat....wink

Last edited by hsf62 (Thu, May24 2018 3:43pm)

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#257 Thu, May24 2018 3:45pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Master ddaines, if CT makes the other boats, at least you can sell the funeral boats to get the money for the new ones!lollollol

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#258 Thu, May24 2018 6:51pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

twrich wrote:

Gentlemen (and gentlewomen and gentlehobbits), I should advise you that the MX(s) I am going to propose to Chris are the other two Lorien Boats. I just thouht I should let you know in case it might affect any future purchases you contemplate. Of course, there is no assurance that Chris will agree to it, but I am hopeful due to my correspondence with Lars.

This is great news Master Tom... I'll keep my finger crossed for lucky result of your project....

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#259 Thu, May24 2018 7:18pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

It's a good plan. Hope it all works.

#260 Thu, May24 2018 7:32pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

hsf62 wrote:

Master ddaines, if CT makes the other boats, at least you can sell the funeral boats to get the money for the new ones!lollollol

Indeed Holger, or chop 'em up for firewood lol. They will get used, but guess I may have to get a third set if they don't sell out as I will need another to put Boromir in as he goes over the falls smile

Tom, fingers crossed you get the go ahead - I'm in for two for sure wink

#261 Thu, May24 2018 10:04pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huuoooommm ... very good news, Master Twrich ... huom ... I hope Chris will agree to sculpt that ...hom

#262 Fri, Jun1 2018 5:54pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Mine Host, if any members do appear here (yourself included) please provide them with a flagon of your best Scrumpy as it is that once a year day when one says goodbye to the previous age and starts life at the next one wink

#263 Fri, Jun1 2018 6:55pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Same will happen to me in a few days, so I'll add an extra flagon to that offer - I'm of the age where if I don't do things when I'm remimded of them then they don't get done at all! Many happies to you, young man.

#264 Fri, Jun1 2018 7:37pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Cheers with Scrumpy or with pint of beer whatever, does not matter dear David... Happy Bday once again...

#265 Sat, Jun2 2018 10:36am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huooomm ... wishing you all the very best for your next age, Master Ddaines ... huom ...

#266 Sun, Jun3 2018 1:44pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Master ddaines, the best wishes from myself to your x'th Birthday! I hope your beard will grow very long!wink

#267 Sun, Jun3 2018 5:01pm

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Happy Birthday Dave! I know what you'll be drinking in celebration and Demetria and I will tip back a pint of it in your honor!!

We still have fond memories of meeting you for drinks in London lollollol

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#268 Sun, Jun3 2018 6:36pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Happy Birthday to you master Daines!

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#269 Sun, Jun3 2018 7:49pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Thank you all for your kind wishes, hic! smile

#270 Sun, Jun3 2018 8:13pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I'll slip the bill under your door in the morning.

#271 Sat, Jun9 2018 7:27pm

twrich
The Man in the Dark

I have left some good news on other more appropriate threads, but in celebration of those posts I would like to open a "Pony party bar-tab," and will buy drinks (but not food, the hobbits eat way too much!) for everyone today and tomorrow. Cheers to us all!!

Thanks, Barli, here are those coiny things you like! And please mind the Bowl of Master Ent! Oh, and pipeweed for all as well. Perhaps you should call Nob back to work. big_smilebig_smile

Last edited by twrich (Sat, Jun9 2018 7:30pm)

#272 Sat, Jun9 2018 8:19pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huuooomm ... ah, all that is good news, Master Twrich ... hoomm ... I very much appreciate your idea of that "Pony party bar-tab" .... rhuoomm ...  and thank you so very much reminding our dear barkeep not to forget to fill this small bowl of mine ...huom ... cheeriohh, Master Twrich ... thank you very much ...

#273 Sat, Jun9 2018 8:25pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

As if I would.

#274 Thu, Jun14 2018 9:52am

Milo
The Attic Warden

HELLOOOO

I'm back from GNSS issues, well, now I must recover from thisrt, hunger and ...

A TABLE !tongue

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#275 Thu, Jun14 2018 5:31pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

I spent rainy day in Nantes... After no really good lunch I'm ready to join you dear Milo....
btw....I.saw few days ago that this year lended another plane from your working town to Pula.... cool

Board footer