Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#301 Sun, Jul1 2018 5:27pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Re: THE TAPROOM 4

Barliman wrote:

Well, the icehouse is still holding out against the temperature at the moment, but how much longer it'll last I wouldn't like to guess. The high temperatures are said to be here for another week yet. I hope that prediction is wrong!

Did see that thunder storms are predicted, but we all know how accurate the Met Office is!!!! roll

#302 Sun, Jul1 2018 8:16pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I never pay any attention to it here in Bree. It's about as reliable as a chocolate kettle.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#303 Mon, Jul2 2018 3:28pm

twrich
The Man in the Dark

It got up to 40c up here in Minnesota. Although better know for our cool and snow, we have quite the seasonal range! Just two months ago, in early May, we had minus 7c and 30 inches of snow over one weekend. It's almost like store bought pizza: out of the freezer and straight into the oven--no Spring for a gentle thawing out!

Dave, I'll join you for that cold drink, today will peak out at about 33c

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#304 Mon, Jul2 2018 4:06pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoomm ... I'd also like to join you with a cold drink ... hom ... here everything is just dry for many weeks ...rhuom ... that's why I'd like to ask you to stop smoking your pipe, Master Twrich, as I'm a dry tree ...hooom

#305 Mon, Jul2 2018 4:10pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Very dry here too - hasn't rained for weeks. Temperature is 27° at the moment, and is expected to reach 29° on Thursday. Ridiculous.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#306 Mon, Jul2 2018 8:17pm

mindx2
Collector

twrich wrote:

It got up to 40c up here in Minnesota. Although better know for our cool and snow, we have quite the seasonal range! Just two months ago, in early May, we had minus 7c and 30 inches of snow over one weekend. It's almost like store bought pizza: out of the freezer and straight into the oven--no Spring for a gentle thawing out!

Dave, I'll join you for that cold drink, today will peak out at about 33c

We're expecting that heat tomorrow and Wednesday! 35c-40c with over 85% humidity!! I'll need several drinks my friend... lol

#307 Mon, Jul2 2018 8:29pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Theme for Talking about Weather forecast ... just to make you jealous guys... in our town 25 degrees. Sea temperaturs is 23 degrees. Perfect for swimming.... and for enjoyment after work... So please can I make order for one beer for me dear master innkeeper...and for any of you in the inn in this moment...
just to finish one relatively good day... cheers

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#308 Mon, Jul2 2018 8:45pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I think that just about everyone is in here at the moment, Master Sam, so it's going to be an expensive round! - especially since the Man in the Dark is holding a Rangers committee meeting.

#309 Mon, Jul2 2018 8:47pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

For those interested, without Master Barliman's permission, I have refurbished the Pony. Images in the appropriate places (will have to learn to focus the camera a bit better!) roll

#310 Mon, Jul2 2018 8:57pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Very nice indeed, but where have the other two rascals gone? Ah, I'm guessing they've removed all my croskery to the kitchen before the ringleader breaks it all again!

#311 Mon, Jul9 2018 2:03pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoommm ... today I finally started to assemble the pieces of that Lorien Boat ... huom ... now I wish I had not bought it ... I saw how a wonderful idea/suggestion can be totally ruined by that etremely bad quality in the casting process ... huom ... I don't know which apprentice butchered the piences into very tiny parts ... the worst quality I ever held in my hands ... this process could be witnessed about a year with some releases, but this one simply is absurd ... rhhhuuOOOmmmm ... or can anybody explain to me why it should be necessary that such a tiny figure as a dwarf needs to be cut into 4 pieces ... not to forget that butchered Aragorn ... GRRRRRhuom ... when a company claims it fulfils highest standards in quality for an extremely expensive price it should be possible to cast a sitting dwarf in two pieces (body + arm with paddle) ... hom ...
I'm glad that I cancelled my autoshipment about a week ago ... rhuom ...
Master Barliman. I now need 5 bowls of that you-know-what ... hom

#312 Mon, Jul9 2018 3:05pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I didn't purchase said boat, so can't comment on its quality. I assume youve voiced these feelings to Mithril? Sounds to me like you have grounds to request a refund, and indeed an explanation.

Have any of my other patrons encountered these same problems? Is it this new "printing" process that's the problem, perhaps? Or is that process only relevant to the design aspect of the models? Are all the figures "printed", or only the initial design? My only complaints about the recent "new" process figures is that they seem to be less fine than they were, and have what I'd call a geometric quality, with very sharp edges and angles.

#313 Mon, Jul9 2018 3:05pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Oh, the drink is on me!

#314 Mon, Jul9 2018 4:02pm

hsf62
Master Caster

I don't have any of the MZ and from what I see on pics and hear about them, I guess I won't buy one either...hmm

Last edited by hsf62 (Mon, Jul9 2018 4:02pm)

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#315 Mon, Jul9 2018 4:04pm

hsf62
Master Caster

And by the way Master Barliman I have noticed this "geometric quality" also. Rectangular bows for example!roll

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#316 Mon, Jul9 2018 4:07pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Oh hello Master Ent big_smile lets have a drink together!

Last edited by hsf62 (Mon, Jul9 2018 4:07pm)

#317 Mon, Jul9 2018 4:12pm

hsf62
Master Caster

In and out without a word..... Hmmmm  sad
Alright then I'll have a drink with Master Barliman! wink

#318 Mon, Jul9 2018 4:15pm

hsf62
Master Caster

What the heck! He left also?? Well well, it seems I'm invisible... ok then self service! tongue
CHEERS!lollollol

Last edited by hsf62 (Mon, Jul9 2018 4:16pm)

#319 Mon, Jul9 2018 4:19pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoomm .... sorry, Legolas that is, not Aragorn ... hom ... thanks for the drinks, Master Barliman ... very much appreciated ... rhuom ... no, so far I did not complain at the company, as I'm sure it wouldn't change anything ... rrhuoomm ... once I complained about the Snow Troll concerning similar aspects .... hm ... well, Master Edman offered me the next figure-release for free because my criticism he accepted as he seemed to understand my point of view ... rhuommhom ....
still I don't understand why that boat was casted in 15 parts (!!!!!), some of them very tiny ... grruom ... besides, I forgot to mention that there cannot be seen any details at the boat itself, no structure or something like that ... simply plain surface all around ... and just one bench at the front that is a block, not a bench ... homm ...

#320 Mon, Jul9 2018 4:22pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoomm ... sorry, Master Hsf62 I didn't see you ... cheers, of course .... hom

#321 Mon, Jul9 2018 5:00pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Well could all this lack of internal detail and so on be as a result of the "printing" process? I don't have the faintest idea how the process functions, but other companies seem to retain detail and still consist of as few pieces as Mithril models used to. So what the heck's going on?

#322 Mon, Jul9 2018 8:35pm

hsf62
Master Caster

It's ok Master Theobald, I drank your share aswell tongue

I guess it depends on the sculpt (program you sculpt with) aswell as the quality of the printer used to print the master figure!
We know what CT can do if he sculpts with his hands, so the reason the quality dropped must come from one or both of the above mentioned reasons. sad

#323 Mon, Jul9 2018 11:29pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoommm ... just had the third and last try today to assemble further parts of that boat-thing ... rhuom ... I'm seriously annoyed by now ... ggrrrûhuom ... Ents are patient, you all know, but ... hoom ... to me it needed a hell of a lot of time to try to make those badly fitting parts joining ... grrruom ... er, sorry, as some of you might know I do have some Mithril figures assembled until now, including very many difficult assemblies ... huom ... but yet never came across something like this boat ... hom ...
But to make it clear: I am and was not complaining about the sculpting of the figures ... huomrhuom ... as far as one can guess from shiny unprimed pieces, they seem to be very nice, but former details might now be covered with glue ... even before priming ... then all the rest of details (?) will be gone ... hmmmmm ... tragic development that is to me...huom
HHHHUUUOOMMM ... well, I know, it's me, the tree who`s wrong... as I'm not skilled enough to cope with superglue and metal jigsaw puzzles and priming... hoooommmmm .... sorry, but feel that I had to add this here ... hom

a last bowl of my special choice, please, Master Barliman

er, huom ... any mug left, Master Barliman? Master Hsf62 drank nearly all me bowls this afternoon ... huom

#324 Mon, Jul9 2018 11:55pm

mindx2
Collector

Theobald wrote:

huoommm ... just had the third and last try today to assemble further parts of that boat-thing ... rhuom ... I'm seriously annoyed by now ... ggrrrûhuom ... Ents are patient, you all know, but ... hoom ... to me it needed a hell of a lot of time to try to make those badly fitting parts joining ... grrruom ... er, sorry, as some of you might know I do have some Mithril figures assembled until now, including very many difficult assemblies ... huom ... but yet never came across something like this boat ... hom ...
But to make it clear: I am and was not complaining about the sculpting of the figures ... huomrhuom ... as far as one can guess from shiny unprimed pieces, they seem to be very nice, but former details might now be covered with glue ... even before priming ... then all the rest of details (?) will be gone ... hmmmmm ... tragic development that is to me...huom
HHHHUUUOOMMM ... well, I know, it's me, the tree who`s wrong... as I'm not skilled enough to cope with superglue and metal jigsaw puzzles and priming... hoooommmmm .... sorry, but feel that I had to add this here ... hom

a last bowl of my special choice, please, Master Barliman

er, huom ... any mug left, Master Barliman? Master Hsf62 drank nearly all me bowls this afternoon ... huom

Now imagine trying to do this with only half your arms... or should I say tree limbs. lol

#325 Tue, Jul10 2018 7:09am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

I fully agree with all the written comments about the MZ645... The general figure is very beautiful. But! It is unnecessarily chopped into small pieces. I also had the same problem with sticking parts, especially that one with hands and oar. I hope future figures will be printed in one piece...

It sometimes seems to me that they are still experimenting with producing of those MZ figuree.

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

Board footer