Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#401 Wed, Nov14 2018 1:24am

mindx2
Collector

Re: THE TAPROOM 4

Gildor Inglorion wrote:

I'm sorry if I could not read your post earlier I too came back today only... I am very sorry to learn about all the news you said David, but at the same time quite happy to see that the results are there and your wife should be ok, that's all that matters!! I sincerely hope she'll have a great and fast recovery !

I'm sorry to learn you have to part with your collection, but in the end, those are only material possessions nothing compared to someone's life most of all the love of your life !!

I really hope you manage well with your sales but please, it's not a reason to leave this community you have your place among us, not matter if you own a collection or not smile Barliman or even Nob will always be there to pour you a chill drink anytime you want !

Thank you my friend. I don't feel strange saying that even though I've only talked to many here or only via email. However, everyone that I have interacted with has been of the highest quality!

If I may Master Gildor, when I do post my collection do you mind if I place a link to your wonderful Database? It is by far the best and most comprehensive anywhere on the internet and would help by giving people a "baseline" to judge value and rarity. I must admit to wanting to get the most out of the sales as I possible can.

Last edited by mindx2 (Wed, Nov14 2018 1:25am)

#402 Wed, Nov14 2018 3:59am

cameosis
Master of Languages

mindx2 wrote:

If I may Master Gildor, when I do post my collection do you mind if I place a link to your wonderful Database? It is by far the best and most comprehensive anywhere on the internet and would help by giving people a "baseline" to judge value and rarity. I must admit to wanting to get the most out of the sales as I possible can.

same here -- i had photographed my collection last month and need to upload all the pictures, but will sell just like david the vast majority of my miniatures for reasons similar to his, though notably less vital.

i'll post a list in the marketplace until the weekend, starting with blisters and then with loose minis.

Esse quam videri. (Marcus Tullius Cicero)

#403 Wed, Nov14 2018 8:30am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Always sad to read when collectors are selling but this is real life isn't it ?
If both of you intend to obtain good money, I suggest you both shall synchronise your auctions and avoid selling same minis at the same time. roll

Last edited by Milo (Wed, Nov14 2018 8:30am)

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#404 Wed, Nov14 2018 9:17am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Actually, in Bree dialect a pony is worth £25. (It also has another, less than salubrious meaning, which we won't go into here...)

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#405 Thu, Nov15 2018 12:49am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoommm ... I have to consider that, Master barkeep ... rhuom ... huoommm....rhuommm ... so, seriously I have to think over about that indeed ... does that pony like apples ,by the way? ... hmmm ... I'll start thinking about that very soon, maybe next week ... huom ... or is it next year? ... alas ... hooommm ... who knows ... well, but, I'll have in mind those 20 quids for a pony in Bree ... sounds interesting ... grom rhuom

#406 Thu, Nov15 2018 9:31am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

25 quids, Master Tree, not 20. But who knpws? The way this ridiculous Breexit business is going a pony may, indeed, have dropped to £20 by now.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#407 Thu, Nov15 2018 7:06pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

talking about coiny things around here? well that reminds me that the landlords of the place seem to have manifested themselves to be remembered... and this year fee is almost due (in december)

well, I'll let your know soon wink wink

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#408 Sat, Nov17 2018 1:11am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huooommm ... I have always liked your pointed puns and play on words, Master Barliman .... rhuom ... and I still do, of course ... hm huom ... so let me please still wait another while ... rhuoomm ... I'm just after a bargain, you know ... huoomm ...
you know that 20 quids still is a bit too ambigious price at the moment ... huooOmm ... and so let me, please, wait another short while and then we'll see .... rhuôm ... er, you know that trees cannot seriously cope or comment on such matters ... huom ... at least not here in these premises ... huom ...

#409 Thu, Dec6 2018 7:08am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Hello dear friends, It's been awefully quiet in the Pony for some time now. Perhaps some of you, like me , have stopped by, had a drink or two, perhaps helped yourself to some vittles, and left Barli the proper coiny things for his provender!

Well, should anyone stop by, please give me a gentle poke to wake me up for a visit and drink as I'll be sleeping at the table over in the dark corner. ;-)

Last edited by twrich (Thu, Dec6 2018 7:16am)

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#410 Thu, Dec6 2018 8:01am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

If any of you are like me, you'll be sitting at home with dreadful colds. A mulled wine, large brandy or a hot toddy might help, but you still have to trudge down the road in the rain to get it, so I don't blame you for staying abed. (All I have to do is ring my bell and shout and Nob comes running to fetch whatever I need; but it's a shame he's not a mind-reader - then he could bring what I want with him, and save himself a step or two.) As for leaving me the appropriate "coiny things", i don't know where you fellows come from, but if you can direct me to the land where shirt-buttons are the accepted currency I'd be very grateful, because I'd be a rich man there!

#411 Thu, Dec6 2018 9:04am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Hm... That is the reason I did not saw you master Tom... you slept in the dark corner and I've just pased away in a hurry few days ago... next time when you see me in the inn just wisper my name and I will come to join you for small conversation with cold beer on our table (in the dark corner)....

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#412 Thu, Dec6 2018 9:05am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

.... dreadful colds... I hope you will be better soon Master innkeeper... take care on your self...

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#413 Thu, Dec6 2018 10:05pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Poke given, and a drink for The Man in the Corner and anyone else who may be lurking wink

#414 Fri, Dec7 2018 12:16am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huooommm ... I'm lurking too, Master Ddaines ... huom ... thanks a lot ... though at the moment  I think some might better turn to  bowls of mulled wine .... hom

#415 Fri, Dec7 2018 2:42am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Master Tree, you've ALWAYS lurked - the ceiling would collapse if you didn't.

Board footer