You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Mon, Feb18 2019 8:30pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

sometimes... things go wrong...

Hello there gentlemen,

I prefered to create a new topic for this matter rather than posting on the Poney... As you all know I am more than absent lately, I am simply not... around at all...

I just wanted to share it with you all gentlemen, my life at the moment, and since last december is at a turn... I'm getting separated from my wife... after 15 years together and three children...

the situation is very painful for me, and most of all because she also refuses the situation completly, and has grown a violent behavior (psychological and physical ) which forced me to leave my home... my belongings... (including all my figurines) and most of all... my children ...

I won't enter into details, suffice it to say that things won't get back to normal.. I had to run, to avoid my children being psychologically hurt by her behavior towards me. I can see them from time to time, and I live in a small appartment since January 7th, all alone, without any of my things, with a simple wifi access...

I am assisted by an attorney, and I'm waiting for the "procedure" to go forth and eventually I'll be able to go back and claim my home and my children but in the meantime, i am facing hard times and depression too and handled by a psychiatrist too... I am actually off work too as I can't handle the situation very well...

In a short moment of "lucidity" and in fear she might throw, melt, destroy all of my collection...as her violence reached no limit at a moment, in front of our children in tears... I managed to salvage my personal computer, and also all the rarest figurines in my collection (except the warbands)  but last time I checked my home they were still there so I have hope...

I hope you'll understand that i try to go forward... and keep hope for better days... and I miss you all...

Regards...

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#2 Mon, Feb18 2019 9:20pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Re: sometimes... things go wrong...

Thoughts are with you Gildor and of course for your children, always the unwitting bystanders in such situations. Hopefully things will resolve themselves for you, and for the best.

In the meantime do what you must do to protect you and your own.

Best regards,

David

#3 Mon, Feb18 2019 9:59pm

hsf62
Master Caster

I wish you all the best Master Gildor! Head up and never give up!!!

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#4 Mon, Feb18 2019 10:17pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

What a sad and painful story dear Gildor.... I hope you will have enough strenght and luck to reclaim your kids and your belongings... especially figures.... those miniatures will one day become legacy for your kids... you need to save all beloved memories so your kids will can appreciate your love and devotion... Best regards from me and my family Gildor...

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#5 Mon, Feb18 2019 10:43pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Well, Christophe ... what can I say? ... your information about your present situation left me very much touched and troubled.
I think David is right suggesting that first you have to take care to find a base for your feet again. - I wish you each and every success coping with this situation. rhhû°Oooummm !!!!!!!!

#6 Tue, Feb19 2019 12:51am

mindx2
Collector

It pains me to hear of your troubles Christophe. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your children. Regain your strength as your children will need you going forward.

#7 Tue, Feb19 2019 9:50am

imisel
Collector

I'm very sorry to read this... A divorce, more times than necessary, is a painful process, and in your case, it seems one of the worst.

I hope that things can change and all becomes better in future, for you and your family.

Ilsa:A franc for your thoughts.
Rick: In America they'd bring only a penny, and, huh, I guess that's about all they're worth.

CASABLANCA (1942)

#8 Tue, Feb19 2019 4:39pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Que dire... Je suis très peiné par ces tristes nouvelles.  sad
Je te souhaite à toi et tes enfants de retrouver la paix et de reprendre bon pied du mieux que possible.
Si cela peut aider, n'hésite pas à venir à la maison dans mon trou de hobbit. La porte te sera toujours grande ouverte.

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#9 Tue, Feb19 2019 5:27pm

cameosis
Master of Languages

fuck, sending positive thoughts your way ... my former boss is in a situation not unlike yours.
concentrate on your wellbeing and that of your children, those are the things that you can influence. all the best.

Esse quam videri. (Marcus Tullius Cicero)

#10 Wed, Feb20 2019 10:47am

Gerold
Adventurer

It makes me sad to read this. But sometimes in hard times one can discover the real powers you have, so i hope you will find the strength to struggle this through and bring better times for you and your children. We're all with you.

#11 Wed, Feb20 2019 10:53am

Maenas
Traveller

I am also passing through a separation process after 21 years of sharing live. All I can say is that better times will come, for sure.

It helps me to look up on the sky and see the sun rise and fall as usual, also watching plants develop... as it "minimizes" my problems.

All the best, Christophe, hugs from Barcelona.

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#12 Thu, Feb21 2019 9:16pm

Mornedhel
Traveller

Bon courage à toi et surtout tes enfants ... les biens matériels sont peu pour l'amour de ses enfants

#13 Fri, Feb22 2019 5:16am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Very sad news, Gildor. But you must protect your children and yourself as best as possible. I remember you saying years ago that your wife threw out some of your Mithrils. That is not rational behavior. Well, sadly this may be best for the children and you in the end, as painful as it is. Please continue to stay in touch with us. Many of us care about you far beyond our common Mithril interest.

Last edited by twrich (Fri, Feb22 2019 5:17am)

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#14 Tue, Feb26 2019 8:18pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

I am... I am trying to keep alive some of my "raisons d'etre" ... Mithril is one of them, my children, another... of course.

I will have to move soon again as my parents in law decided that I should move out of this place they sheltered me... as they learned of the "factual" procedure ... money problems will add up, as well as not having a home at all... I don't know how many days I have before being forced to leave for a very little appartment as I can't afford to pay both for my house (where I can't live...nor see my children...) and a "decent" appartment at the same time hmm My wife has no income at all, I pay for EVERYTHING even from afar sad

well.... lets try to focus on some more joyous things, I read there is a new MX release? is there a "special" (small batch) version of it? I am sorry I did not follow all discussions about this boat sad

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#15 Wed, Feb27 2019 6:42am

Alexandre RAYMOND
Traveller

Bonjour à toi, je voudrais t'envoyer des doses de courage et de force. Je suis passé par là aussi. C'est toi qui a la clef, car tu es maître de ta vie et ta force rendra tes enfants forts aussi dans l'adversité. Il faudra du temps. Il ne faudra pas rentrer dans un cercle vicieux, mais dans un cercle virtueux. Tu dois descendre au fond pour mieux remonter. Tiens bon et regarde comme tu peux éclairer la vie de ta lumière. Nous sommes avec toi, tu n'es pas seul.

Hello to you, I would like to send you doses of courage and strength. I went there too. It is you who has the key, because you are master of your life and your strength will make your children strong also in adversity. It will take time. It will not be necessary to enter a vicious circle, but in a virtuous circle. You have to go down to the bottom to get better back. Hold on and look how you can light the life of your light. We are with you, you are not alone.

J'espère que la traduction est bonne...

#16 Wed, Feb27 2019 8:37am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Dear Master Gildor, I am appalled to hear of your situation! I can't even begin to imagine how you're feeling at the moment, and it's not my place to ask how the situation has arisen. Life is, as we all know too well, a very complicated beast, and there is no way to predict in advance its many inexplicable twists and turns along the way. If there's anything at all I can do to help, however trivial, let me know. Needless to say, you have my very best wishes that things may turn around for you, very soon.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#17 Wed, Feb27 2019 9:39am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Merci Alexandre, those words are greatly appreciated....

Well master Barliman, thanks too for your words, there isn't much any of you can do alas, except keep this place alive and busy ... and in the event I may miss some "breaking news" about mithril releases events of rarities, well keep me posted in email, as I am not browing web a lot lately hmm except to find an appartment...... and some "companionship"...

#18 Wed, Feb27 2019 3:20pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Master Gildor, 2nd MX668 I ordered is just for you, no need to stress about it. wink
If I can be of any help, let me know.

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#19 Wed, Feb27 2019 6:22pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

oh... well you shouldn't have Milo sad that's very sweet of you I don't know what to say hmm

#20 Thu, Feb28 2019 5:24pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Well Thanks, thats all whats needed for a friend. If I would be closer to your place I could offer you a room to live in and my Mithrils to look at!wink
I mean it!

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#21 Thu, Feb28 2019 5:54pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

You're a very kind and thoughtful gent indeed, Master Milo.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

Board footer