Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Sun, Oct20 2019 2:03pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Gandalf brings fireworks to the Shire

My take on Gandalf brings fireworks to the Shire Fellowship figure (Part 1).
I've concentrated on presenting the release (in these images) as near to 'Out of the box' as possible, but the final version will include some extras, hence Part 1.

I incorporated the kit base which was slightly raised at one end to give the impression that the cart is approaching The Hill although the mile-stone has the numerals 3 (over) 1 scribed so maybe Hobbiton is a few more miles away (any theories?).
The Gallery section is messing with me so I am posting here, I will hopefully post images of the final version over the next day or two wink.

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

I still think the (kit) base adds too much to the price roll

#2 Sun, Oct20 2019 4:05pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Re: Gandalf brings fireworks to the Shire

This is as usual beautiful work Master David.... I really like colors you used and the choice of the decorations... I still didi not buy this vignette but now I think I will buy it soon... It's a real pleasure to watch this work...

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#3 Sun, Oct20 2019 4:13pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Awesome work Master ddaines. Very impressive! You are a real Mithril artist!cool

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#4 Sun, Oct20 2019 9:16pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Thingol wrote:

This is as usual beautiful work Master David.... I really like colors you used and the choice of the decorations... I still didi not buy this vignette but now I think I will buy it soon... It's a real pleasure to watch this work...

Thank you Nino, look forward to seeing your take on it wink.

#5 Sun, Oct20 2019 9:25pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

hsf62 wrote:

Awesome work Master ddaines. Very impressive! You are a real Mithril artist!cool

Thank you Master Caster wink A few more fireworks to add methinks wink

#6 Mon, Oct21 2019 7:41am

hsf62
Master Caster

About 20 more rockets will do...lollol

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#7 Mon, Oct21 2019 8:48am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

ddaines wrote:

Thingol wrote:

Thank you Nino, look forward to seeing your take on it wink.

I presume that would be in January, after the first sales with any kind of discount included  big_smile

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#8 Mon, Oct21 2019 12:09pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Congrats to your perfect conversion of that cart and your ideas how to improve that flat base, Master Ddaines. For that you have all of my respect. When I first saw a tiny pic of that piece in a newsletter I did not like that "empty cart" at all. There was an obvious lack of nice details for all the space provided on the four-weeled wagon. So it is much better to think of the cart we all have in mind based on the Jackson-film. Master David, take your time to consider about further details to finally complete the content of the cart. The idea of adding a milestone next to the road is brilliant. Thank you for sharing this.

#9 Wed, Apr29 2020 12:28pm

Sam Wise
Adventurer
Website

I've just seen this work, Master David and I like it a lot !
Great improvement to the too basic base !smile
(That's something I don't like a lot with the vignettes: all the scenery job is almost done )
Honesty, even if I think that it's a very nice model (and with some Hobbits Children who I would like to have), the price is too high for me.
And I confess that I've bought the "old" and "movish" model from GW (resin ) hmm. I just hope that I can use it with the Mithril Hobbits. roll
My cart is ready to paint...

"no fear to fight, no fear to loose, just want to have fun!" (anonymous)
feel free to visit my blog Sam's Minis World

#10 Wed, Apr29 2020 1:41pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

I missed it too. Excellent diorama indeed David. I still have mine in its box, notvery usefull isn't it ?
Did you add more pics in your gallery ?

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

Board footer