Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Mon, Oct21 2019 2:12pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Project TMM 2020

English version

Here is the project is now launched, it remains only to get to work. Here are my first sketches of my project with the M 113 model.
If you plan to participate in the upcoming Mithril Maniac 2020 Trophy, do not hesitate to post your wip too.

Version française

Voila le projet est maintenant lancé, il ne reste plus qu'à se mettre au travail. Voici mes premières ébauches de mon projet avec la figurine M 113.
Si vous comptez participer au prochain Trophée Mithril Maniac 2020 , n'hésitez pas à poster également vos wip.

[img align=C]Click to close[/img]

#2 Mon, Oct21 2019 8:18pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Re: Project TMM 2020

How many mithril miniatures you have in your collection dear Fabrice... ?

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#3 Tue, Oct22 2019 4:56pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Hello Thingol,
I stopped collecting Mithril in 2003, around M 398. I have all the previous references and even some that can not be found as the ME 2 in the photo wip "Project TMM 2020" or as this.
Click to close

#4 Tue, Oct22 2019 5:06pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Hi everybody,

Did you know about these blisters?

Click to close

#5 Tue, Oct22 2019 6:27pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

the figure you mention here is Christmas 1993 Isildur (Chr1993), which by coincidence is still sold by Mithril at the moment as they found a new stock they had forgotten. I actually have 4 of them smile  (one undercoated, one antique finished, one "raw", and one with a default)

Definitly not the ME2

so it used to be a rare figurine and now... it is a common one, how ironic smile

as for the master figurines, some of us have some masters too yes, and the certificates along with them I have two of them iirc wink

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#6 Tue, Oct22 2019 6:59pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Good news, this will make the collector until now orphans of this figurine and of course, I do not confuse Isildur and Aragorn, the ME 2, that you can see, Gildor, on the first picture posted.

#7 Tue, Oct22 2019 7:15pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

indeed i see it smile though I fail to understand if there is a hidden meaning in this smile

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#8 Tue, Oct22 2019 8:34pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

...hidden meaning is that Master Fabrice have ME2 ;-)

#9 Tue, Oct22 2019 10:51pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

oh about that I have known for years already smile

#10 Sat, Nov2 2019 4:57pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Waiting to be painted, a stroll of Grands Pas in Celtitude.

Click to close

#11 Sat, Nov2 2019 4:59pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

English version
This Celtic cross was carved about 30 years ago by Christian, a member of Myth'Image. This marked even more our attachment to our native Brittany. Of course, we all considered that Nantes was a Breton land !

In French
Cette croix celtique fut sculptée il y a environ 30 ans par Christian, un membre de Myth'Image. Cela marquait encore plus notre attachement à notre Bretagne natale. Bien sûr, nous considérions tous que Nantes était une terre bretonne ! tongue

#12 Sat, Nov2 2019 5:09pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

... Will Aragorn sit on the ground below the cross... A very contemplative idea...

#13 Mon, Nov4 2019 3:05pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Fabrice JACOB wrote:

Hi everybody,

Did you know about these blisters?

Click to close

I would love to see these in real life. On my side, I have few master figures, all around M110.

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#14 Mon, Nov4 2019 5:50pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

I took advantage of this long weekend to advance on my project. I started by removing the gray primer, too granular for my taste, deburring the figurine and then under bed again. Until then everything went well, the result was less advantageous. I have not painted a figurine since 10 years. Several observations: my vision has dropped, I did not think so much and am no longer as comfortable painting on this scale as in the old days.
My favorite medium was always oil painting, not always easy to master but as time passed and with the advice of Master Jacques, my technique has been confirmed and refined until a satisfactory rendering, approaching that of the master without exceeding it. To save some time, we slept with acrylic paint. Badly took me to have forgotten this technique. After two hours of work, I threw in the towel. The Aragorn figurine is now in a chemical pickling bath.
It only remains for me to start again this time, the good technique. If I rely on the time we spent painting a figurine 30 years ago, I have at least twenty good hours, and maybe as much for the scenery. A big challenge, but all will be ready for the Open!

Version française
J'ai profité de ce long week-end pour avancer sur mon projet.  J'ai commencé par enlever la couche primaire grise, trop granuleuse à mon goût, ébarber la figurine puis la sous coucher à nouveau. Jusque là tout s'est bien déroulé, la suite fut moins avantageuse. Je n'ai pas peins de figurine depuis au mois 10 ans. Plusieurs constatations : ma vue a baissée, je ne le pensais pas autant et ne suis plus aussi à l'aise pour peindre à cette échelle comme au temps jadis.
Mon médium préféré a toujours été  la peinture à l’huile, pas toujours facile à maîtriser mais le temps passant et avec les conseils de Maître Jacques, ma technique s’est affirmée et affinée jusqu’à obtenir un rendu satisfaisant, s’approchant de celui du maître sans  pour autant le dépasser. Pour gagner un peu de temps, nous  sous couchions avec de la peinture acrylique. Mal m’en a pris d’avoir oublié cette technique. Au bout de deux heures de labeur, j’ai jeté l’éponge. La figurine d’Aragorn se trouve maintenant dans un bain de décapage chimique.
Il ne me reste plus qu’à recommencer avec cette fois-ci, la bonne technique. Si je me base sur le temps que nous passions à peindre une figurine il y a 30 ans, j’ai pour au moins vingt bonnes heures, et peut-être autant pour le décors. Un sacré challenge, mais l’ensemble sera prêt pour l’Open !

#15 Mon, Nov4 2019 7:10pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

what a wonderful adventure you are taking here dear Fabrice !

as for your vision... I had alas the same problem , that saddened me a lot, but with good magnifying glasses that makes the trick !
thankfully we don't have Parkinson Syndrome yet, that would be more problematic...

#16 Mon, Nov4 2019 7:31pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Yes, you're right Gildor Inglorion,  i hope i do not develop this disease. Death for painting passion sad

#17 Mon, Nov11 2019 12:46pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Should i stay or should i go ...

Click to close

#18 Fri, Dec13 2019 5:28pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

You should stay ! lol

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#19 Sat, Dec14 2019 2:07pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Master Fabrice JACOB you should definitly stay!
There are not to many likeminded Mithril lovers left. We are on the red list re extinction... lol

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#20 Sat, Dec14 2019 11:56pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoooomm .... I clearly do agree and want to support Master Hsf62's statement ... huom ... not forgetting that Master Milo was absolutely right in trying you, Master Fabrice Jacob, to convince to stay here  ... huòmm ... that is what I would like to stress

#21 Sun, Dec15 2019 12:17am

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Stay, take a break if needs be and come back refreshed and perhaps try different techniques that are kinder on the eyes - I now use ink washes to show detail where once I could paint eyes wink

#22 Sun, Dec15 2019 7:50am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

I wrote to you in private Fabrice and renew my apologies (and some... private explanations), definitly you should stay there is nothing against you at all

#23 Wed, Feb19 2020 1:39pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

First effects of global warming on our Mithril ? lol

Click to close

#24 Wed, Feb19 2020 6:56pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Does it come from Australia? To close to the fires... big_smilelol

Last edited by hsf62 (Wed, Feb19 2020 6:57pm)

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#25 Mon, Mar2 2020 7:39pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Hi everybody

a picture of an old project...

Click to close

Board footer