Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Fri, Nov15 2019 5:03pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Convention Mithril Nantes 2020

Bonjour la communauté.
Et si en marge du Trophée Mithil Maniac, nous  réalisions une convention Mithril à Nantes / Couëron les 16 et 17 mai 2020 ?
Proposition déjà approuvé par Gildor Inglorion et Milo !
Qu'en pensez-vous ?
Allons-y alors, comptons-nous !

Hello community.
And if on the sidelines of the Mithil Maniac Trophy, we realized a Mithril convention in Nantes / Couëron on May 16th and 17th, 2020. Proposal already approved by Gildor Inglorion and Milo !
what do you think ?
So lets go, let's count !

#2 Fri, Nov15 2019 8:42pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Re: Convention Mithril Nantes 2020

As I wrote before... last year we had a cheap flights from Pula to Nantes with Volotea company.... next year I'm not sure if they will fly from this airport... all other solutions are to expensive for me...

Click to close

Just finished....

Last edited by Thingol (Fri, Nov15 2019 8:44pm)

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#3 Sat, Nov16 2019 12:25pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Oh its only 1.035 km    from my place...cool
If I drive myself, at least I'll be flexible.
I hope parking is not as bad as in Paris. It was terrible already 20 years ago. roll

Master Thingol I would be interested in how much a regular flight from Pula to Nantes would be?

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#4 Sat, Nov16 2019 8:30pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Last year was 56 euros one way....

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#5 Sun, Nov17 2019 1:02pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Good. Thanks Nino.wink

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#6 Fri, Jan15 2021 5:01pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Gentlemen,
It is very certainly likely that the Figurine Western Open cannot take place this year as COVID is still active at the beginning of 2021.

I hope that the horizon will be clear for 2 022 and I reiterate my proposal to organize a Mithril Convention, bringing together all lovers of these figurines.

May this project be of certain interest to you and that we meet in front of the most beautiful showcases of Mithril figurines ever presented to this day.

And why not as Guest Star, Chris Tubb, himself !?

#7 Tue, Jun22 2021 10:07am

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Bonjour à tous,

Mon souhait de réaliser une convention Mithril à l'occasion de l'ODO 2022 est toujours d'actualité et n'en est que plus renforcé.

Outre l'exposition des figurines peintes par Jacques-Philippe Leroux et celles des références les plus rares, voir de la totalité des références, je souhaite également obtenir la participation active de Prince August Irlande. L'idéal serait la présence de Chris Tubb mais à vous lire, il semble que cela soit inenvisageable. Quel dommage !

Il s'agit d'une chance unique de nous retrouver en dehors des forums web.
Y a t il déjà eu auparavant une convention Mithril ? Non ? Et pourquoi donc ?

L'organisation d'une telle rencontre se heurte souvent à l'aspect financier. Il ne me semble pas avoir décelé parmi vous un mécène capable de prendre à sa charge la location d’un lieu et tout ce qui va avec.

Pour ma part, je vous permets d'avoir à votre disposition, gratuitement, via l'ODO organisé par "Les Chevaliers du Centaure" (CDC), un lieu d'accueil, de rencontre, de réception et d'exposition. Vitrines, tables et chaises sont également disponibles pour éventuellement réaliser un stand. ll y aura même un tarproom sur place !
Géographiquement, Nantes n’est pas l’endroit le mieux placé en France pour organiser un tel évènement, mais cette ville est bien desservie par l’avion, le train, l’autoroute et même par la mer !
Les CDC négocient auprès d’un hôtel de standing (Mercure de souvenir) des tarifs attractifs et la restauration peut également se faire sur place.
Bref, le week-end peut vite devenir extraordinaire en votre présence.

La participation active de PAI ?
Je souhaite leur demander de bien vouloir réaliser une figurine commémorative de cet événement.
J’ai à l’esprit une idée de figurine mais peut-être que de votre côté, en aurez-vous également.
Notre nouveau venu sur le forum, Alexandre, m’en a déjà proposée une. Les idées ne manquent pas, vous l’avez prouvé avec le Mithril Fellow ship !
Que signifie déjà Fellow ship ? Compagnons de bord !
Le temps passe vite, il ne faut peut-être pas négliger cette option qui s’offre à nous !
Y en aura-t-il d’autres ?

En attendant, portez-vous bien Mesdames, Messieurs !

Click to close

Hello everyone,

My wish to realize a Mithril convention on the occasion of the ODO 2022 is still valid and is only reinforced.

In addition to the exhibition of the figurines painted by Jacques-Philippe Leroux and those of the rarest references, or even of all the references, I also wish to obtain the active participation of Prince August Ireland. The ideal would be the presence of Chris Tubb but reading you, it seems that it is unthinkable. What a shame!

This is a unique opportunity to meet outside the web forums.
Has there ever been a Mithril convention before? No ? Why not?

The organization of such a meeting often comes up against the financial aspect. I don't think I have found among you a sponsor able to take care of the renting of a place and all that goes with it.

For my part, I allow you to have at your disposal, free of charge, via the ODO organized by "Les Chevaliers du Centaure" (CDC), a place of reception, meeting and exhibition. Showcases, tables and chairs are also available to eventually set up a stand. There will even be a tarproom on site!
Geographically, Nantes is not the best place in France to organize such an event, but this city is well served by plane, train, highway and even by the sea!
The CDC negotiates attractive rates with a luxury hotel (Mercure de souvenir) and catering can also be done on site.
In short, the weekend can quickly become extraordinary in your presence.

The active participation of PAI?
I would like to ask them to make a commemorative figurine of this event.
I have an idea in mind for a figurine, but maybe you will have some too.
Our newcomer to the forum, Alexandre, has already suggested one. There is no shortage of ideas, you proved it with the Mithril Fellowship!
What does Fellow ship mean again? Fellow ship!
Time flies, maybe we shouldn't neglect this option that is available to us!
Will there be others?

In the meantime, be well, ladies & gentlemen !

#8 Tue, Jun22 2021 5:37pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Master Jacob could you put me a synopsis in order with a "résumé" (with numbers and themes) of the convention in Nantes in 2022, with maybe pictures of earlier occurences... well some kind of advertising sheet in your own words.

I could pass it along to Lars and Chris (unless you have done so already?)  as they (both) somewhat are responsive to my emails...

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#9 Tue, Jun22 2021 5:50pm

Alexandre
Adventurer

Ce serait formidable ! Ma présence, si vous le souhaitez, sera garantie. C'est un rêve de gosse qui se réaliserait . Quel plaisir que de pouvoir se regaler, un week-end durant, de pieces plus belles les unes que les autres ! D'ici 2022 nous avons bien le temps de planifier les choses ! Et je me demande bien ce qui pourrait empêcher Chris Tubb d'être présent pour la première convention célébrant ses formidables créations !

#10 Wed, Jun23 2021 8:49am

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Thank you for your help Master Gildor !

I will prepare something. I will pass it on to you.

You can call me Fabrice Master Gildor, I won't mind wink

Merci pour ton soutien  Alexandre. Thank you for your support Alexandre.

#11 Tue, Oct12 2021 5:54am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Hi Master Fabrice,

Back on Travis After long tunnel crossing. You Can count on me, I will Côme, help, meet, bring, talk, share, eat and enjoy the moment !

tongue

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

Board footer