Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#726 Thu, Mar19 2020 12:18am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Re: THE TAPROOM 4

huoommm ... welcome again Master Mornedhel from the far west .... hoommm ... er ... to be honest ... that map you provided does not reveal the erea where I still use to live ... hom ... I can see a nice part of the Rhine, but the Osning is a bit far from that .... alas, of course you cannot know, because later on and in later centuries it has become common to call this area "Teutoburger-Wald" ...hoom ....
but you might know, or have heard about those wonderful and extraordinarilly detailed vignettes sculpted by Chris Tubb that depict some scenes of that battle Arminius (from here) took against three Roman Legions in 9 AD ... rhuom ... led by that geographically mislead Roman amateur called Quintilius Varus ... rhuomm ... so those three legions never came back to the Rhine and no-one knew about them any more for a long time until archeology improved some skills ...  hommm? ... no, of cause that's not the wood that suddenly appeared and in the night they had swallowed the last of the Uruk-Hai before Helm's Deep and later on completely disappeared in the morning mist .... hooommm ... quite angry Huorns and Ents they were ... as far as I can remember ... hmmm ... yes ... once again I have become a bit too talkative .... hgruom ... sorry

so is there anyone around here who is prepaired for a free drink in these extremely nice premises in hard times ... ? .... ??????

#727 Thu, Mar19 2020 12:44am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

aarrgh ... I forgot, Master Mornedhel, to tell you that I am not a wise, or even the "wisest" of Ents ... huom ... not at all ... many years ago Master Gildor decided to give me  this "title" after he re-installed the good-old MMP of Mithrandir again and arranged it to work anew ... I protested against that WoE, but ... well ... such are Elves ... huomm ... as far as I know, and what I know is not much ... gruoom ... I am busy with blossoming and leaves producing at the moment ... hU°Om ... hard work that is, but nevertheless, it's worth it, don't you also think so ? ... hooom?

#728 Thu, Mar19 2020 3:39pm

hsf62
Master Caster

You are awesome Master Wisest of Ents!cool

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#729 Thu, Mar19 2020 3:43pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

And talkative !

It still can't catch you Theobald lollol

Last edited by Milo (Thu, Mar19 2020 3:44pm)

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#730 Fri, Mar20 2020 12:29am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

.... huooommm ... well, I simply tried to spread some more or less humorous words .... huom ... thanks lads ... er ... ladies and gentlemen, of course ....
but try to see it my way - that means that the Pony will still be open as Master Barliman needs the income ...gruhOomm... that's why I'm here at the moment again to help out - hoom ... service will still be guaranteed here, in case I can find Nob and me ... huoommm ... heads up, please ... huomm ... strange days these are ... you might also consider, please, to give a slight tap for the one behind this bar here ... huuomrhûomm ... anyways ... cheeriooooh (but remember your own liquid- limits as otherwise we will run out with rat-tails) ... today I just had to employ a nice and strong cat to help me out catching rat-tails, you know ... huoomm .... don't forget to look at that blue sky tomorrow morning ... huom ... it will be worth it .... homm ....

#731 Fri, Mar20 2020 9:49am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Hi Master Ent,

Need a Breakfast, feasible ?

#732 Fri, Mar20 2020 1:01pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huommm ... no problem at all ... hoOmm ... Master Milo, have you seen today's special offer on board ? - "buy one, get two" ... so what now, sir?

#733 Fri, Mar20 2020 11:11pm

hsf62
Master Caster

I'll buy one!hmm

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#734 Sat, Mar21 2020 1:10am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

rhhuoommm  ... that's fine, Master Hsf62, there's still one full breakfast left as Master Milo didn't use the special offer in time ... huomm ... rhuom ... oh, I'm sorry but that special offer is off now since 24 pm, so you're the first one to get a very nice single new breakfast that Master Milo forgot to order ... huoommm ... right out of that old Breeish micro wave I still cannot handle well enough ... huom ... rhûom ... it'll be delicious I promise ... huom ... anyway.... just keep smiling, please ... I just try to help out here ... grrruooomm .... why are we Ents always that stupidly hesitating in using ... huomm ... ignoring that means,  them new inventions properly ... hooouu°um ... I dunno ... alas, why am I doing this? ... maybe just trying again to spend a smile or a laugh ... cheers, gentlemen and gentleladies or ... whatever we are ...please tell me in private when I get on your nerves here ... gru°Om then the Pony will be closed immediately ... hmm ...

#735 Sat, Mar21 2020 7:00am

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

I see our missing Inn-Keep has 'liked' a suggestion on the Mithril GF page, has anyone seen him around here? smile

#736 Sat, Mar21 2020 11:31am

Sam Wise
Adventurer
Website

Master Theobald : you're a  talkative Ent for sure but  it's a pleasure to listen  your words.
My nerves are feeling good !

It's my turn for offering a drink to everybody here ! ( and I promise to put some coins in the box !)
The Prancing Pony is one of the last Inn still opened in Middle-Earth..

I think it's time to have a beer with friends...
(and maybe eat something, if possible Master Theobald ? )
Both last breakfasts are passed since a long time ...

"no fear to fight, no fear to loose, just want to have fun!" (anonymous)
feel free to visit my blog Sam's Minis World

#737 Mon, Mar23 2020 8:23am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Breakfast time, good morning anyone !

Did I miss anything ? What ? a free breakfast without me, shame on me !!!!!!!!!!!! lol

#738 Mon, Mar23 2020 10:01am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoooommm ... that clearly is a misunderstanding, Master Milo ... rhûom ... the price still is the same ... hom

#739 Thu, Mar26 2020 7:20pm

erchamion
Adventurer

Hello, everyone.

Is this place open? In my area, all bars and taverns have closed. Dark days are coming and it is always good to find solace with a cold beer in hand.  The "Shadow" has left Mordor ready to spread throughout Middle-Earth. As Samsagaz said:

"Pero hemos aquí, igual que en las grandes historias, señor Frodo, las que realmente importan, llenas de oscuridad y de constantes peligros. Ésas de las que no quieres saber el final, porque ¿cómo van a acabar bien? ¿Cómo volverá el mundo a ser lo que era después de tanta maldad como ha sufrido? Pero al final, todo es pasajero. Como esta sombra, incluso la oscuridad se acaba, para dar paso a un nuevo día. Y, cuando el sol brilla, brilla más radiante aún. Esas son las historias que llenan el corazón, porque tienen mucho sentido, aun cuando eres demasiado pequeño para entenderlas. Pero creo, señor Frodo, que ya lo entiendo. Ahora lo entiendo. Los protagonistas de esas historias se rendirían si quisieran. Pero no lo hacen: siguen adelante, porque todos luchan por algo."

Good luck, friends!

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#740 Thu, Mar26 2020 11:27pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huuoooom ... of course the Pony's open ... rhuooom ... what's your order, Master Erchamion? ... gruommm ... I didn't understand everything you just said ... hom ... but that doesn't matter ...

#741 Fri, Mar27 2020 10:19am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Hi,
I would go for a pint of ale please.

#742 Fri, Mar27 2020 10:53am

hsf62
Master Caster

Master Milo I'm with you!tongue

#743 Fri, Mar27 2020 11:52am

Sam Wise
Adventurer
Website

Theobald wrote:

huuoooom ... of course the Pony's open ... rhuooom ... what's your order, Master Erchamion? ... gruommm ... I didn't understand everything you just said ... hom ... but that doesn't matter ...

Master Ent, I will say that the quote is not from the books but picked up from the movies ... and this strange language used by Master Erchamion is not used in Middle-Earth .

Milo wrote:

Hi, I would go for a pint of ale please.

hsf62 wrote:

Master Milo I'm with you!

I'm with you too ! ... I can wait of course  if Master Barliman is busy.

"no fear to fight, no fear to loose, just want to have fun!" (anonymous)
feel free to visit my blog Sam's Minis World

#744 Fri, Mar27 2020 12:05pm

erchamion
Adventurer

If you lacked the language like me and you only had bones like me, you would have the same problems when it comes to pronouncing correctly. I also recorded it on video ......  big_smile

https://youtu.be/k6C8SX0mWP0

Last edited by erchamion (Fri, Mar27 2020 12:06pm)

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#745 Sat, Mar28 2020 12:16am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huuooOm ... now, gentlemen, please have some patience with me ... rhûomm ... I am not used to serve that many thirsty people at a time for quite a while here ... huoommm ... and ... er ... to be honest .... huomm ... you know I cannot haste everything ... hom .... well, at the moment I'm trying to help out here a bit as I did several times before whenever Master Barliman was absent or busy or on holiday or I dunno ... huoommm ... I feel a bit obliged with doing that by now ...
ahrrhuûOommmm ... you know I'm not that skilled with barkeeping and balancing those tiny pint-mugs around ... huom ... so, let me see .... that's 3 pints of watery light ale so far ... huom ... er, gentlemen, that's it? .... grrrûHOM ... you're not here to spend your time talking in whatever languages you prefer ... rhuom ... a barkeep just is able to be friendly if there's any chance of earning some poor coiny-things, you know ... hmmm ... I will have to report this to Master Barliman .... hom
anyway ... very nice, Master Erchamion, and excellent that is ... keep on, please ... huoom ... anything else gentlemen? ... nice new scrumpy? a breakfast, Master Milo?, or two? ... come on ... oooops ... I nearly forgot the Man in the Dark, so one more pint of ale and some special pipe-weed ... alright then ... huommm ...

#746 Mon, Mar30 2020 8:56am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Yes a breakfast  with 2nd ale will do my dear Friend Ent.
About coiny things, here is my contribution:
Click to close

Cheers everyone, may your family & friends be all safe !

#747 Mon, Mar30 2020 4:36pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Ahhh .... rhûomm .... looks fine, Master Milo ... so, 2nd breakfast and first ale will be served very soon ... huooom ... and by the by that nice pottery figure on the bar, the one with that slot in it, is just for a tip ... huuuUômmm ... and yes, cheers to everyone around here and elsewhere ... huom ... stay safe, please ... hom

#748 Mon, Mar30 2020 7:06pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

To be or not to be safe.... that is the question... good luck to all.... I hope this problem with this strange virus will come to its end soon.... cheers

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#749 Mon, Mar30 2020 10:59pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoomm ... dear Master Thingol, here in the taproom you're safe anyway ... hoom ... but in case you might consider to rent a room here in the back of the premises ... rhûom ... some dark shades I have lately seen over there ... grrrrûommm ... hoomm ... please don't step out into the backyard of the Pony - I don't rent them rooms any more ... gruômmm ... for those who still are resistent to anything ,like me, ...ahemm ... this afternoon I was quite busy creating a very new brand of that good-old scrumpy-liquid I found  in the barrels downstairs behind the bar ... huom???? ... no, Master Barliman won't complain about this, I'm sure ... so, I combined the liquid with hot fried rat-tails at the top ... huoomm ... anyone who's interested in this ... ? ... rhuôm ... er, no one? ... stay safe, please, gentlemen and gentle ladies ... homm... and never mind, it's just me, the tree

#750 Mon, Mar30 2020 11:27pm

erchamion
Adventurer

Rat-tails? have I heard correctly? You know I like anything with rat-tail ..... fried? .... Hmmmm ... smells good ..... I'll have some of that before I go to sleep ..... Maybe I won't open my eyes again after drinking it .....

Board footer