Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#76 Thu, Oct22 2020 8:39am

Maenas
Traveller

Re: Project TMM 2020

Lovely miniature transformation. Simple but effective. m200 is one of those miniatures that are somewhere on my preferred list. I painted mine long years ago, but I also painted him with a moustache and a goatee. smile

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#77 Sat, Oct24 2020 6:28am

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Here is the version painted by Jacques, with the colors of Gondor.

Click to close

#78 Mon, Oct26 2020 7:52am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Very nice !
Still, I feel yours look more like the faramir I have in mind.

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#79 Mon, Oct26 2020 6:47pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

...nice painting job ! I like this choice of colors... My Faramir is painted with same scheme...

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#80 Mon, Oct26 2020 7:42pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Les deux versions ensemble :

Click to close

Both versions together

#81 Mon, Nov2 2020 3:32pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Bonjour Les Mithril Nautes
Dans mon vieux carton (pour ceux qui suivent...wink), j'ai également retrouvé quelques projets anciens et non aboutis. C'est en quelque sorte Master Sam Wise qui m'a permis de remettre la main  sur ces vieilleries Mithril, en publiant sur FB des photos de la vignette LR 22. Je savais que j'avais peint ces personnages mais qu'en avais-je fait ?

Il existe chez moi, une très, très petite pièce. Peut-on parler de pièce d'ailleurs, il n'y a même pas d'éclairage électrique, une simple petite lucarne fait office de puit  de lumière ! Donc très, très petite pièce mais de la taille d'un grand placard quand même.  Je l'adore cet endroit !  C'est un  véritable capharnaüm, où j'entasse tout ce que je ne veux pas jeter. Une sorte de corne d'abondance pour moi mais un vrai cauchemar pour mes proches, à tel point que  je leur en ai  interdit l'entrée tant ils seraient horrifiés en ouvrant sa porte ! lol
Mais on y retrouve quelques fois, de véritables trésors, à condition d'avoir  du temps devant soi. Il faut premièrement sortir une montagne de cartons et se faufiler avant de pouvoir accéder au fin fond de la pièce, avec une lampe frontale bien évidemment, celle tant aimée des vrais spéléologues. C'est tout au fond de cette mini caverne que j'ai retrouvé ce petit carton.
Cette boîte fut magique en quelque sorte, puisqu'elle m'a permis de redécouvrir au moins deux projets entamés et jamais terminés. Je vais pouvoir m'y employer maintenant que je les ai exhumés !
J'y ai également retrouvé la figurine de Gandalf que j'avais peinte pour réaliser la fiche couleur de La chambre de Mazarbul. Nous en avions publié  la face recto dans Mithril Maniac. J'aurais bien eu besoin du bâton de Gandalf pour éclairer mes recherches.
A l'époque, j'avais pris quelques libertés avec le choix des couleurs, en gratifiant Gandalf d'un fourreau rouge flashy. Alors qu'en pensez-vous ?

Click to close

Hello Les Mithril Nautes
In my old box (for those who follow ...wink), I also found some old and unfinished projects. In a way, it was Master Sam Wise who allowed me to get my hands on those old Mithril things, by posting photos of the LR 22 sticker on FB. I knew that I had painted these characters but what had happened to them. I am doing ?
There is in my house,  a very, very small room. Can we talk about a room from elsewhere, there is not even electric lighting, a simple small skylight acts as a skylight! So very, very small room but the size of a large closet nonetheless. I love this place! It's a real mess, where I pile up everything I don't want to throw away. A cornucopia for me but a real nightmare for my loved ones, so much so that I forbade them to enter it as they would be horrified when they opened its door ! lol
But there are times, there are real treasures, provided you have time in front of you. You first have to get out a mountain of boxes and sneak in before you can reach the far end of the room, with a headlamp of course, the one so loved by real speleologists. It is at the bottom of this mini cave that I found this little box. This box was magical in a way, since it allowed me to rediscover at least two projects started and never finished. I will be able to do this now that I have exhumed them !
I also found there the Gandalf figurine that I had painted to make the color sheet for La chambre de Mazarbul. We had published the first one, the front side, in Mithril Maniac. I would have needed Gandalf's staff to inform my research.
At the time, I had taken some liberties with the choice of colors, by giving Gandalf a flashy red scabbard. So, what do you think ?

Last edited by Fabrice JACOB (Mon, Nov2 2020 3:43pm)

#82 Mon, Nov2 2020 3:53pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

I really like the way you painted mithril miniatures.... I like the scabbard of the sword. You need to have very tiny brush and very good magnifying glass for painting such a detail. It is hard to pull straight lines in such a small piece of detail.

#83 Wed, Nov4 2020 8:45am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Splendide, even tones on staff are made, this is great. Bravo !

#84 Wed, Nov4 2020 8:23pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Voici les pinceaux que j'utilise depuis toujours : des " Martre Kolinsky ", taille 2; 1 et 0 de chez Raphaël (marque française) ou Prince August, un petit gris pur (8354),  une brosse Sépia déco (8530) et un gros pinceau, le orange, toujours de chez Raphaël.
Ils me suffisent pour l'instant à obtenir de bons résultats.

Click to close

Here are the brushes that I have always used, "Martre Kolinsky 100", size 2; 1 and 0 from Raphaël (French brand) or Prince August, a small pure gray (8354) and a Sepia deco brush (8530) and a large brush, the orange, still from Raphaël.
They are sufficient for the moment to obtain a good result.

#85 Thu, Nov5 2020 10:58pm

Sam Wise
Adventurer
Website

Master Fabrice, you're a .. Master for sure !
I love Gandalf figure a lot !
Congratulations !

(And sometimes, I was thinking that if I had difficulties for painting, it was because of my brushes... tongue
I know yet that it's just because of my skill ! big_smile )

"no fear to fight, no fear to loose, just want to have fun!" (anonymous)
feel free to visit my blog Sam's Minis World

#86 Mon, Nov23 2020 8:34pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Salut les Mithril Nautes !
De ma précieuse boîte, en sont sorties de bien petites créatures.
Un vieux socle, du double face et le tour est joué pour vous présenter une petite composition.
Reste maintenant à terminer de peindre certaines figurines et de retoucher d'autres mais le plus difficile est fait.
Vingt ans après le début du projet, j'espère pouvoir vous montrer une saynète achevée pour Noël.
En attendant, portez-vous bien.

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

Hello Mithril Nautes!
From my precious box, came out of it very small creatures.
An old plinth, double-sided and voila to present you a small composition. It remains to finish painting some figurines and retouching others, but the most difficult is done.
Twenty years after the start of the project, I hope to be able to show you a finished skit for Christmas.
In the meantime, be well.

#87 Tue, Nov24 2020 7:38am

Milo
The Attic Warden

This is an truly excellent paint job Fabrice, especially on such tiny miniatures. I love also colors contrast you have managed to put on them.

#88 Tue, Nov24 2020 11:35am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Really nice !

#89 Tue, Nov24 2020 1:25pm

Gerold
Adventurer

Looking good!

#90 Wed, Nov25 2020 7:07pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Lovely little scene and very nicely done smile

#91 Fri, Nov27 2020 8:55pm

Maenas
Traveller

Lovely scene! smile

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#92 Sun, Nov29 2020 8:52pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Il y a quelques mois, j'avais débuté la peinture de la référence M8, un chef Dunlending. Je lui avais associé deux autres Dunlending.Et comme je trouvais que  trois piétons ne suffisaient pas, j'y ai adjoins un cheval puis un guerrier puis deux autres, pour un projet XXL. Tout n'est pas encore définitivement fixé, mais cela se précise  plutôt bien.
Aujourd'hui, je vous présente donc un "oldies but goldies", la M8 enfin terminée, quoi que...
Je dois vous avouer que je fais partie de la caste des peintres qui ne savent pas toujours totalement, si leur figurine est réellement terminée où si elle est encore perfectible. Celle-ci l'est ! C'est pour cela qu'elle se trouve toujours sur son bouchon tongue
Je ne suis pas complètement convaincu du choix de mon schéma de couleur mais je ne peux pas  revenir dessus, les deux autres figurines qui accompagnent cette figurine, ont en un similaire.
A vous de juger !

Click to close

Click to close

A few months ago, I had started painting the M8 reference, a Dunlending chef. I had associated two other Dunlending with it, and as I found that three pedestrians weren't enough, I added a horse, then a warrior and two others, for an XXL project. Everything is not yet definitively fixed, but it is becoming clearer rather well.
Today, I therefore present to you an "oldies but goldies", the M8 finally finished, whatever ... I must admit that I am part of the caste of painters who do not always fully know if their figurine is really finished or if it is still perfectible. This one is! This is why it is always on its cap.
I am not completely convinced of the choice of my color scheme but I cannot go back over it, the other two figures that accompany this figure, have a similar one.
Your turn to judge !

Last edited by Fabrice JACOB (Sun, Nov29 2020 9:02pm)

#93 Sun, Nov29 2020 9:02pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

The colour scheme works very well Fabrice, the cloak lining being a different colour adds to the overall look smile

#94 Sun, Nov29 2020 9:32pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Thank you, glad you like it Master Ddaines.

#95 Sun, Nov29 2020 10:05pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Thingol wrote:

Really nice !

:-)

#96 Mon, Nov30 2020 7:26am

Milo
The Attic Warden

I like it also very much. An now that you have introduced an XXL project with Dunlendings , I want ot see more about it !tongue

#97 Mon, Nov30 2020 2:54pm

Gerold
Adventurer

Well done, sure!

#98 Sun, Dec13 2020 4:02pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Et de deux, Master Milo !
Pas mécontent de l'avoir terminé, ou presque, ce Capitaine Tardegil !
Depuis le temps qu'il attendait, sous-couché il y a vingt ans peut-être ?
Encore un peu de travail de peaufinage et il pourra quitter son bouchon de Champagne !

Click to close
Click to close

And two, Master Milo !
Not unhappy to have finished it, or almost, this Captain Tardegil !
A little more fine-tuning and he can leave his Champagne cork !

#99 Sun, Dec13 2020 8:57pm

Gerold
Adventurer

Hi  Master Fabrice

I also have a Captain Tardegil painted, with acrylics although. Here he is:
Click to close
Click to close
Click to close
Click to close

#100 Wed, Dec23 2020 4:07pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Et de trois, Master Milo !

Click to close

Click to close

Il ne reste plus maintenant qu'à réaliser le diorama et peindre les autres figurines qui accompagneront ces chefs Dunlendings.
Mes recherches continuent pour la création de la saynète regroupant ces trois figurines.
Une photo d'eux ensemble pour fêter Noël big_smile
Merci Master Gerold de nous avoir fait profiter de votre version peinte du Capitaine Tardegil.

And three master Millo !
Now all that remains is to make the diorama and paint the other figurines that will accompany these Dunlendings leaders.
My research continues for the creation of the sketches bringing together these three figurines.
A photo of them together to celebrate Christmas big_smile.
Thank you, Master Gerold, for giving us your painted version of Captain Tardegil.

Last edited by Fabrice JACOB (Wed, Dec23 2020 4:09pm)

Board footer