Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Mon, Nov16 2020 8:06am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

THE TAPROOM 5

...And here we are. There's a free drink for everyone as they come in.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#2 Mon, Nov16 2020 12:58pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Re: THE TAPROOM 5

huuOôoommm ... very nice, Master Barliman, very nice indeed .... huom ...  a free drink? ... homm ... that's exactly why I'm here .... thank you very much, Master Barkeep ...

#3 Mon, Nov16 2020 2:53pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Merci master Barliman !

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#4 Mon, Nov16 2020 9:40pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Ouch... no more dust on the bar... Nice to see you guys in new decorated inn... cheers

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#5 Mon, Nov16 2020 10:16pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Well, it's not so much "new decoration" as a less familiar pattern of grime.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#6 Mon, Nov16 2020 10:30pm

Nob
The in(n)famous Keeper

oh gosh, now I am to move out all the stuff and drinks from the old cellar to the new... will it ever stop??

I need holidays!

#7 Tue, Nov17 2020 9:55am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

You had a holiday last year!

#8 Tue, Nov17 2020 11:05am

Nob
The in(n)famous Keeper

mmhh, boss, I have to disagree, last year I did not have any day that could be considered holy...

Or did I miss any update made by Eru?

#9 Tue, Nov17 2020 11:34am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoomm .... ah, Nob, calm down and try to do your job appropriately and not worry or contemplate about those confusing holy-things ... rhuommm ....
Well, Master Barliman, I would like to have another free drink as I just came in again .... huom ... nice idea that was .... hòmmm

#10 Tue, Nov17 2020 12:07pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

You're a very astute tree, Master T. Or perhaps cunning is a better description. Next time I shall have to define the terms of the free drink.

And good try young Nob, but surely the term holiday stopped meaning "holy day" at about the end of the First Age.

#11 Tue, Nov17 2020 5:02pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Thank you for the drink (not sure if it is still 'free' as I am a day late), and the new Bar looks very nice, just needs a few drinks spilled on the floor so that customer's feet stick when they walk (makes it easier to collect the rats as well if their paws are stuck to the floorboards) tongue

#12 Tue, Nov17 2020 7:47pm

Maenas
Traveller

Oh! thank you for the free drink master Barliman! I like the smell of this new straw... so fresh! smile

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#13 Tue, Nov24 2020 3:42am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Well, Thank You, Master Barkeep! You kept my table in a dark corner with chairs for a couple guests! I have probably missed the promotional offer (free drinks) but that's ok. I will pay you those coiny things to help offset the cost of remodeling. ;-)

Last edited by twrich (Tue, Nov24 2020 3:42am)

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#14 Tue, Nov24 2020 7:35am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Good morning everyone. How are things going here ?
Hey Master Twrich I see you have a brand new corner to sit in the dark. Be aware there might be some light coming nearby next time an elf sits beside you for I have heard they have something special inside them which glitter a little in the dark; or maybe it is something they wear, I am not sure....

Anyway Breakfast time. Nob ? where are you ?

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#15 Sat, Nov28 2020 7:16am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Hello Milo, very nice to see you again! Some of my best friends are Elves! They can sit with me anytime they visit the Pony. Alas, that doesn't happen very often.

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#16 Sat, Nov28 2020 9:55pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Hell there folks, I'd like to share great news given to me by Chris this evening smile I will post them in the appropriate thread smile

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#17 Thu, Dec10 2020 12:23am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoommm ... I might know about these news, Master Elf ... well ... that doesn't matter much ... rhuomm

so, gentlemen, what is this absence in the Pony about ... grrrrrhômrhuom ... come on, make haste, I discovered a large cask of vaccine in Master Barliman's cellar ... huom ... er, some rat-tails in it meseems, but anyway ... come around and try to be a bit more positive .... errrrrrr .... negative .... Oh, sorry ... huom ... stay being yourselves .... and healthy ...HÔMMM ...

#18 Thu, Dec10 2020 8:45am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

No, not vaccine, Master Tree. Still waiting for mine, despite being on the "extremely at risk" list. Probably means I won't be having my jab for weeks yet!

#19 Tue, Dec15 2020 6:50am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Master Tree, your eyesight must be getting worse! I'm am here often lately. But I will admit that I doze off to sleep often. And I do sit in a dark corner. . . . In any case, I am awake now--let's have a round, Barli, it is close to Yuletide!

#20 Tue, Dec15 2020 8:12am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Close to yuletide it is. Indeed, I notice that Mithril are even calling one of the latest two Fellowship figures their Xmas release. Both figures are very nice, though I feel that King Bain looks a little under-armoured for a monarch. Grimbeorn is magnificent.

#21 Tue, Dec15 2020 2:56pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huuooomm .... well, Master Twrich, I admit that my eyesight is declining a little bit ... huom ... your idea of having a wee dram is brilliant ... h°UOomm ... and yes, Master Barliman, I agree with you about that very nice Beorning ... a little bit barbarian, very nice ... and that king ... ok, but that's it ... hoouom ...yuletide ... hmmm ... that reminds me of something ... but what is it?

#22 Tue, Dec15 2020 5:15pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Egg Nog? Chocolate? Port? Stockings stuffed with Xmas treats? And, of course, even more chocolate?

#23 Tue, Dec15 2020 10:51pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

er, yes, I think all of that, just a little bit more ... huoomm ... you forgot Glühwein, Master Barliman

#24 Wed, Dec16 2020 6:59am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Ho Ho Ho, you guys are very funny! Yes, as the Wise Ent has said, a wee dram it is, Master Barkeep . And one for yourself and any other patron who'd like to partake. Cheers! I suspect there will be a few more celebrations upcoming.

Last edited by twrich (Wed, Dec16 2020 6:59am)

#25 Wed, Dec16 2020 7:55am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I certainly hope there will!

Board footer