Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Tue, Feb24 2009 5:38pm

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

Another Prince August Question - Horse moulds.

I remember someone on the old MMP board saying that the early Rohir models (M4, M28, M29 etc) used horses that were, or were suspiciously like, the Prince August Napoleonic Wars 25mm horse figures.

This, you see, has given me an idea (oh dear, quoth all). I have a few GW plastic rohir floating around and, well, the figure give mediocrity a good name, but the horses aren't much better. So I was thinking, perhaps it would be better to get two Prince August horse moulds, cast the damn horses with metal and mould the GW plastics on the metal horseys.

I also have to bug Mithril about getting some more metal 32mm horses from them for the other mounted figure projects I have going.

Anyway, think this will work? A good idea? Yay? Nay?

Gavin

#2 Tue, Feb24 2009 8:29pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Re: Another Prince August Question - Horse moulds.

puuh Gavin, for the same reason I was looking for those "old" horses on ebay. I really like these "old"horses a lot, because of their heads.
I was lucky and shot two horses, the M29 and the M4, last year!  I want to convert them with some rohan riders from the horse-lords-collection, like the m262.
Unfortunately it didn´t work to my sarisfaction. The horses seems to small. I suppose this in general, that the mihril horses are a bit too small, but with that "old" horses the impression was defenatly!  I turn around and combine "younger" horses like the Glorfindel horse M142 with those mentioned riders ( look ).

Click to close

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#3 Tue, Feb24 2009 8:56pm

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

What an absolutely beautiful photo and paint job!

Mostly I want to get the 25mm horses to make the GW Rohir a bit taller looking and less obviously "small" compared to the Mithril Rohir. It's not a priority. Right now, its just An Idea. big_smile

#4 Wed, Feb25 2009 7:50pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

rita.de wrote:

puuh Gavin, for the same reason I was looking for those "old" horses on ebay. I really like these "old"horses a lot, because of their heads.
I was lucky and shot two horses, the M29 and the M4, last year!  I want to convert them with some rohan riders from the horse-lords-collection, like the m262.
Unfortunately it didn´t work to my sarisfaction. The horses seems to small. I suppose this in general, that the mihril horses are a bit too small, but with that "old" horses the impression was defenatly!  I turn around and combine "younger" horses like the Glorfindel horse M142 with those mentioned riders ( look ).

Click to close

Impressed with a capital 'I'!!! wink The figure looks great.

#5 Wed, Feb25 2009 8:15pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

absolutely stunning .... no words left .... the parcel will be sent asap ...

#6 Wed, Feb25 2009 11:22pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

mmmh, sorry Gavin. I didn´t want to abuse your topic looking to earn some bay-leaves for my work. hmm
Though I feel honoured, because I live in a mithril-free-area . . .
But let me shortly be thankful to the kind fellows above and to yourself.

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#7 Thu, Feb26 2009 1:06am

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

Not a problem: you can abuse my topic any time if there's pictures like that involved!

Board footer