Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Thu, Jan28 2021 7:17pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Announcement from Mithril on FB - Re'; Dol Amroth set

"We found seven box sets of Dol Amroth knights and foot soldiers during a stock take. These are unprimed metal figures, 26 in each box. M484 to M493. This is a great opportunity to grab these before they sell out permanently."

https://mithril.ie/miniatures/mithril-b … N1lGDpk6qM

Some may need them wink

#2 Fri, Jan29 2021 12:51am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Re: Announcement from Mithril on FB - Re'; Dol Amroth set

Alas ... there was a lot of complaints when they were released. The riders were not casted seperately from the horses. That happened for the first time if I remember well. Then it was a desaster concerning that primer which "fell off" in parts.
The figures are quite nice, I think.

#3 Fri, Jan29 2021 5:49pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Theobald wrote:

Alas ... there was a lot of complaints when they were released. The riders were not casted seperately from the horses. That happened for the first time if I remember well. Then it was a desaster concerning that primer which "fell off" in parts.
The figures are quite nice, I think.

Yes, you are correct re the riders being cast on the horses, I would have purchased more of them had there been an easy swap of riders sad

#4 Fri, Jan29 2021 9:43pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Well the difference here is that this set is unprimed actually which may result paradoxally, in better quality... still the fact the riders + horse are one piece remains a problem.
I would have bought one set but 130€ for figurines I already have is too much...

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#5 Mon, Feb1 2021 2:43am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Aren't these the same figures that were sold separately in the M480 range?

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#6 Sat, May29 2021 6:34pm

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

I still haven't painted my DA knights. Well, I painted some of them. But eventually.

I would recommend them without primer. Vallejo grey or Citadel Grey Seer does the job perfectly well.

Board footer