You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Wed, Dec15 2021 7:48pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Statement from Chris Tubb

Chris Tubb  wrote:

I do not normally participate in Mithril forum discussions but I feel I must write in response to comments made by Michael O’Brian regarding the reasons for a lack of regular M releases.  Michael has linked the lack of regular releases with what he describes as a long ( looong - his word) learning curve with 3D design and printing. In fact the regular M releases ceased years before the advent of 3D design which  actually makes the whole process faster so that  often these days I am able to expand single figure suggestions into multi-figure vignettes. Sadly the reason for any lack of regular M releases is a  lack of marketing strategy on the part of Mithril ( required to expand our customer base), together with an inadequate website for such a strategy, and last but not least because Mithril chooses to only employ me on a part-time basis these days!

Chris Tubb

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#2 Wed, Dec15 2021 7:50pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Re: Statement from Chris Tubb

(I send this "communiqué" from Chris Tubb who asked me to publish it to the whole community on his behalf)

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#3 Wed, Dec15 2021 9:59pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Thank you for posting. Pretty much what we have thought for a long time I guess hmm

#4 Thu, Dec16 2021 1:11am

GlorfindelLXVII
Collector

Chris is spot on about digital sculpting. Once he creates a model there is a lot he can do with it. Digital sculpting and printing does have a learning curve, but once the skill is there it's very easy to execute. Chris has got the sculpting part down. Now Mithril needs to embrace it and move forward. Let's hope this leads to positive change at Mithril and more of Chris' beautiful work.

These past two years have been rough for any small business. I think giving them the benefit of the doubt is in order. Fingers crossed!

#5 Thu, Dec16 2021 8:41am

imisel
Collector

thanks a lot for this clarifying post

Ilsa:A franc for your thoughts.
Rick: In America they'd bring only a penny, and, huh, I guess that's about all they're worth.

CASABLANCA (1942)

#6 Fri, Dec17 2021 9:37am

Gerold
Adventurer

I read on the Mithril website Chris is born in 1952. So he will be celebrating his 70th bearthday next year!

#7 Fri, Dec17 2021 9:54am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

yup that is correct

#8 Mon, Dec20 2021 1:44pm

Maenas
Traveller

Thank you both for the information. Congratulations to Chris on learning to 3D sculpt at his age, might have been a little bit of a nightmare for him.

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#9 Wed, Dec29 2021 5:16pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Thanks for sharing this post. If there is a better way to support master Tubb than we all did, I guess we would do.

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

Board footer