Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Mon, Mar30 2009 8:51pm

Lluis
Traveller

New images collection site

I have just created a website devoted to my miniatures collection. It has been just started, so it shows a still provisional design and appearance. Although not exclusively devoted to Mithril miniatures but to the whole of my wargaming and roleplaying collection, my first picture posted there is one of my oldest Mithril figures, a slightly modified Gondorian soldier.

By the moment, my collection is being hosted in Blogger, for their features and user commodities seem to let me a little more room to work without getting troubled by technical issues. You can find this website at http://soldadets.blogspot.com/

Your appretiations would be warmly welcome, no doubt smile

Last edited by Lluis (Mon, Mar30 2009 8:51pm)

#2 Mon, Mar30 2009 10:42pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Re: New images collection site

Nice thing, this webside in general, Lluis. Let´s wait for more mithril suff from you.

Last edited by rita.de (Mon, Mar30 2009 10:42pm)

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#3 Fri, May1 2009 5:48pm

Lluis
Traveller

I've having a lot of work by taking pictures on my collections and adequately posting them -although I actually enjoy it.

These last days I've been posting some stuff else, up to 14 different articles, which are organized in collections. As for any other blog, you can surf through them either chronologically or collection by collection either, using the upper right menu bar.

I've just posted another of my Middle-Earth related minis there, a M212 Elvish Female Adventurer (in obvious trouble).

Cheers!

Last edited by Lluis (Fri, May1 2009 5:48pm)

#4 Fri, May1 2009 9:44pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Fantastic work on that elvish girl, Lluis. A special drink gives me the remembrance  of a Leia-in return-of-the-jedi-outfit.
Especially the choose of colour of that orcish-skinn is a nice alternative. As already discussed somewhere here.
I have made the decision to use that colour-scheme for the halforcs. But your Ugluk looks great with that kind of skinny-colour.
Compliment ! As I told before: I like your blog, very much.
Is there the possobility to vote for being Catalan the next official language . . . big_smile

Last edited by rita.de (Fri, May1 2009 9:53pm)

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#5 Sat, May2 2009 5:13pm

Lluis
Traveller

Thanks, rita.de. Believe me that your appretiations make me feel very happy smile

About skin colour of orcs, I must admit to have started painting my orcs in a deep forest green skin colour, but I got unsatisfied with such a GW-ish style after reading somewhere (maybe at TMP?) a discussion on this matter, where I got convinced that I should better paint them in an "cold ashes" shade, turning to almost black if uruk-haïs.

In the end, I've preserved the original dark green for a few of them, but most have been repainted in several different shades ranging from stone grey to yellow khaki, using my collection of World War II camouflage colours (the one in the picture was painted in Vallejo green-grey, for example). The idea in my mind was to keep giving them a non-human skin colour without using green.

For my half-orcs I've chosen a different colour scheme; maybe influenced by the superb appearance of Jackson's film uruk-haïs, I've tried to paint my white-hand half-orcs in a variety of earth or lime browns -closer to human skins, then.

Yes, I can remember some princess Leia impressive dressing... wasn't it while "hosted" in Jabba's fortress? I was quite young then, I must admit to have started looking at her with "different eyes" since then. roll Nothing to do with any elven female, however, don't you agree? tongue

Last edited by Lluis (Sat, May2 2009 5:16pm)

#6 Sat, May23 2009 4:51pm

Lluis
Traveller

I've just posted in my site some pictures of my M293 Haradan Mounted Chieftain, would you like to take a look? http://soldadets.blogspot.com/2009/05/g … radan.html

Last edited by Lluis (Sat, May23 2009 4:52pm)

#7 Sat, May23 2009 7:57pm

OriginalAragorn
Strider

That is a fantastic looking model!  I really love your shading and highlighting.  The horse and the horse's armour are brilliant.

Great job.  smile

George

And here we find you feasting and idling - and smoking! Smoking! Where did you come by the weed, you villains? - Gimli

#8 Sun, May24 2009 6:44pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Some very nice painting there Lluis, thanks for sharing.

Board footer