Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 Mon, Feb23 2009 8:47pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Re: works

Ahh, the second slowest painter ever ( the first one is Wendy ! ) has finished a miniature. This time it tooks two month. This Rohan Archer is a gift to me from Master Erchamion. I am very thankful of that . I hope, Erchamion you like the result. This archer is being meant to find his place in a Rohan-Diorama which I currently work on.

Click to close

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#27 Tue, Feb24 2009 6:21pm

Wendy
Slowest Painter Ever
Website

Very nice!  I really like your color choices.  smile

#28 Tue, Feb24 2009 6:45pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

smile so do I

#29 Sun, Mar22 2009 11:46am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

puuhh- a very long journey indeed, this diorama. The first one with conversions, a little bit
I hope you like it and I hope it can show the high quality of miniature sculpting which makes mithril so wonderful . . .

Click to close

Click to close

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#30 Sun, Mar22 2009 1:17pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Pure Elven craftsmanship! Fantastic, well executed piece - this is what I meant on my comment re the youtube thread in the Pony (which I answered before seeing this smile)

I'm getting quite frustrated about not getting any painting done at the moment myself, but that's life.

Don't forget to send them into Michael for the Fans Gallery.

#31 Sun, Mar22 2009 3:57pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

I simply will give up painting any metal pieces ... or rather will try to hide mine elsewhere ...
respect, rita.de

#32 Sat, Mar28 2009 11:33am

hsf62
Master Caster

I'm really impressed!
This is just a awesome diorama.
I'll take a bow!

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#33 Sat, Mar28 2009 1:02pm

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

My word, that is amazing!

I love it!

#34 Sat, Mar28 2009 11:40pm

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

That is really great talent there! Especially with those fine Rohan miniatures! big_smile

Great job! I wish that I could do that.hmm

Are those supposed to be Rohan men or some other group? I ask because of the shield design.

These are indeed strange days, dreams and legends spring to life out of the grass! - Eomer

#35 Sat, Mar28 2009 11:53pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Hi Jason, no, there are not only Rohan men. There is the watcher on Sarn Ford also. I think he better watches out for orcs in the fields of Rohan.
To explain the shield design is a bit difficult: the two horses are based on a scetch by myself couple of years ago.
To each diorama there belongs a pack of scetches, art-design-drawings, small and large background-covers and compositions plans.
In the early times I found something similar on those "cards" from those card-playing-stuff by chance in a shop around.
A bit disappointing- everything seems to exist already . . . 
The " SUN " is obviously a design belongs to the film-trilogie. The king´s men of Edoras use it and Theodred belongs to them.
Thank you that you like it, and thanks to all the other fellows.

#36 Sun, Mar29 2009 12:05am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

It is like that:

Click to close

Last edited by rita.de (Sun, Mar29 2009 12:05am)

#37 Sun, Mar29 2009 3:58am

hsf62
Master Caster

I think this is called German accuracy!
Everything has to be documented perfectly!

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#38 Sun, Mar29 2009 10:31am

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

Oh, ok. I see the shields more clearly and your research makes sense. I should have figured that out on my own. I am a little slow these days with Lord of the Rings history and movies. hmm

These are indeed strange days, dreams and legends spring to life out of the grass! - Eomer

#39 Mon, May18 2009 8:45pm

OriginalAragorn
Strider

Christoph - your work is truly stunning!  yikes  I'm starting to go through the old forums and then I came across this gem!

It's really clear to me that you're a true artist, with a grasp of many types of mediums (painting the miniatures (with oil), watercolor, and design).  My two favorites were the Rohirrim in the forest and the elves in the forest.  I felt like I was truly immersed in the scene.

Your foliage is fantastic!  Please tell me what you use for your grass, your trees, and your plants.

Your bases are great!  I love how you use the natural wood and have parts of the scene spilling over onto the bases.  Very creative visual affect.

Finally, I LOVE your book with the notes and layouts of your dioramas.  I would love to read that book.

I feel like my dioramas are SO boring in comparison (like my Gollum/Bilbo diorama)!  They just don't have the character.  But I'll get some good inspiration from your work.  smile

Thanks for sharing.

George

And here we find you feasting and idling - and smoking! Smoking! Where did you come by the weed, you villains? - Gimli

#40 Mon, May18 2009 11:11pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

George - let me say many, many thanks to your kind words.
Well, what you all see here is the result of experiences for more than ten years. A lot of time, and a lot of things being learned.
( there are dioramas being build three or even four times until they look like today . . . roll ) So it´s still difficult !
As mentioned there are only natural things in use, like real branches for the trees and:
real moss for the grass ! This real moss turns itself into brown after eight months . . . hmm
Mmmmhh . . . nevertheless I use it !
So- there is an exception on the grass in the Theodred-diorama:
I use „synthetic-grass“ from a German offerer called „ Heki“. ( www.heki-kittler.de ) : heki flor Nr. 1566 .
But I think you will find georgous stuff at woodland scenics ! For me they are the best in "synthetic-things".
I am happy you like the book and I am happy that my work inspires you.
Feel free to ask my whatever you want, George, if it´s possible for me it would be a pleasure to help you!
Thanks for reading
Christoph

#41 Sun, Jun7 2009 4:32pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

In these times of trouble people often forget the main thing. What is mithril about ?
The Man created ( and still do, of course ) marvellous miniatures. You can put them on a coat of paint on and place them into a diorama . . .
And suddenly your heart is full of joy . . . in these times of trouble . . .

Click to close

#42 Sun, Jun7 2009 4:45pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Excellent idea and paint job, rita.de ... yes, and I do very much like your way of adding those accessoires. I guess you built those ruins yourself. Wonderful.

#43 Sun, Jun7 2009 5:34pm

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

Excellent Job!!! Cool looking diorama. big_smile

#44 Sun, Jun7 2009 5:55pm

erchamion
Adventurer

Cold and gloomy colors, corresponding to a dark alley in the neighborhood of the thieves in Tharbab ... smile
Very, very nice!!! smile

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#45 Sun, Jun7 2009 10:30pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

rita.de wrote:

In these times of trouble people often forget the main thing. What is mithril about ?
The Man created ( and still do, of course ) marvellous miniatures. You can put them on a coat of paint on and place them into a diorama . . .
And suddenly your heart is full of joy . . . in these times of trouble . . .

Click to close

Another great piece there, you're putting us all to shame smile, I must get my finger out and crack on with some stuff.

I agree with your words completely.

#46 Mon, Jun8 2009 2:02am

OriginalAragorn
Strider

Christoph - wonderful, wonderful work!  :-)

You sure know how to capture a moment in time.. the mood, the ambience, the visual impact - all great work!

George

And here we find you feasting and idling - and smoking! Smoking! Where did you come by the weed, you villains? - Gimli

#47 Mon, Jun8 2009 7:31am

hsf62
Master Caster

Hut ab mein Freund. Sehr beeindruckend!
If there is another painting competition from Mithril you should go for it!

#48 Mon, Jun29 2009 12:16pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

I was busy the last week, though the weather was quiet nice in this part of Germany.
I have finished the Halforc standard-bearer of the new range, a very fantastic figure by the way.
I give the pictures to Master Michael as well, maybe he will post them on the webside . . .
Why this one: he will be converted . . .
I will try to give him a larger standard, so these picture shows a state of art which will be changed very soon . . .
Hope you will like that Halforc.

Click to close

Click to close

#49 Mon, Jun29 2009 12:57pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Absolutely great, rita.de. I also like the way you take your photos very much, excellent atmosphere.

#50 Mon, Jun29 2009 2:14pm

protozeus
Adventurer

Very realistic choice of colours. I'd love to see armies of those ... wink

ménin aeíde, theá, beórnou órkeiphágou!

Board footer