Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 Fri, Nov21 2008 12:13am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Re: Help needed from Spanish collectors (if there are any interested)

If I am asking that it's also because each time I am in contact with the Man... he is also inquiring about that... He is actually as curious about this figurine as I am myself.. He really wants to find out... I gave him the names to contact as Martin and Silvie were once friends of his... but he is too far apparently and the emails are not functionning that well with them...

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#27 Fri, Nov21 2008 3:47am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

I have a friend in Barcelona, I could ask him. What is the number and address?

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#28 Fri, Nov21 2008 8:27am

erchamion
Adventurer

These are the data from the website .....

http://personal3.iddeo.es/juegossinfronteras/

smile

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#29 Thu, Aug27 2009 3:27pm

Maenas
Traveller

I am trying to contact them, as I have visited the store many times almost (13 years ago) it was my favourite mithril store, because they have a full mithril collection displayed (and painted), and they got tons of metal miniatures from other enterprises. Last time I went there, they where not very happy at all, because Silvie's mother died and Martin had his foot broken and the shop wasn't goigng very well either. But that was at the begging of 2007 (I think).

I went there last week with elrond to take some pictures, but they weren't open, maybe they are on holidays...

Last edited by Maenas (Thu, Aug27 2009 3:27pm)

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#30 Thu, Aug27 2009 6:51pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

it seems the shop has closed definitively...which is sad... and removes all possibilities to have pictures of the 1989 vignette sad sad

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#31 Fri, Aug28 2009 3:35am

hsf62
Master Caster

Don't be so pessimistic Master Gildor. By the way it is summer- and hollyday time in Spain too!
At least we have someone closer to it then we had before and maybe Maenas finds time in between to check it out again.
Always positiv thinking!

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#32 Fri, Aug28 2009 5:37am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well i don't think I'm pessmistic a lot but realist... it's been a complete year we've been trying to enter in contact with them. Since last september actually...

#33 Fri, Aug28 2009 12:40pm

hsf62
Master Caster

One year are 365 days. How many attemps to contact them have been made?
I'd say we hope for the best and keep our fingers crossed!smile

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#34 Sat, Aug29 2009 10:17am

Axel
Collector

Hmm.. chasing chimeras...

has anybody an idea who the German distributor for Mithril was in the late eighties?

#35 Sat, Aug29 2009 12:06pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Maybe that was 'Laurin Verlag' ... but I'm not sure about this.

#36 Thu, Sep10 2009 6:59pm

Maenas
Traveller

Well, I have been phoning them every now and then at different hours and days but I haven't got an answer, I have also written an email but it was returned with a server message that the email adress does not exist anymore.

I am a bit afraid now.  sadsad

It seems that they have definetly closed, also they were the spanish distributors for mithril, but now on the mithril page the spanish distributor is empty. Maybe someone there know something about Martin and Silvie.

I will continue with the phonecalls and the visits to the shop... maybe one day i will be luky enough.

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#37 Thu, Sep10 2009 7:46pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

(i had written a dozen emails to them already... Chris himself did not have any news of Martin and Silvie...)

the question is : if they have closed, where has their "museum" gone?  the shop may have closed but martin and silvie may still be around here somewhere?... unless... a problem occured to them sad sad sad

#38 Fri, Sep11 2009 2:20pm

Maenas
Traveller

Wel I do not know, yesterday I was investigating on the net, and found anoter adress, I think it's their home, maybe I will try to go there and see the postbox, if its there I will write them a letter.

The thing is that the name of the shop is still there, also the two phone numbers are still operative, one of them with a message from Silvie telling the opening hours. Also the web is still online (not updated, but full operative).
The last movements of mercantil books where on february last year. It doesn not say anywere that they have closed.

Maybe they are with Mithrandir? big_smile Seriously now I will investigate more to see what really happened.

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#39 Fri, Sep11 2009 2:22pm

Maenas
Traveller

Gildor Inglorion wrote:

the question is : if they have closed, where has their "museum" gone?  the shop may have closed but martin and silvie may still be around here somewhere?... unless... a problem occured to them sad sad sad

The fact is that they always tell me that the miniatures in their shop were only a few part of the overall collection. Maybe something bad happened as you suggest.

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#40 Wed, Nov18 2015 4:02pm

Maenas
Traveller

Hello all!
Today I have stumbled upon a video in which you all can have a glimpse of what they had in their shop. You will also meet Silvie and Martin if you didn't before.
It is a video from a local tv channel that I have found today, but it is from 2004. In it, Sylvie talks about they have been saving one miniature of each reference they had been selling for 20 years, so they own more than 25000 references whose moulds or original creators are gone. They also talk about the plans of opening a future museum of miniatures (with all the previous material) and that if they do so, it would be the first in all the country (Spain) of that kind. Unfortunately we all know were this ended soo...  Anyway there are quite a few shots of their mithril collection, but I haven't seen those christmas specials in the vid. Sorry

http://www.tveixample.com/entitas/article/1420

Some months ago I passed through the front door of the shop and there is still no other commerce there, so I am supposing everything is still there but closed. That's just a guess, because you cannot put all that things into a normal house. This brings a lot of memories from the past, I spent there lots of hours studying their painted miniatures and the mithril collection, it was a really good time. Hope you'll like it.

Will also share here an article (in spanish, but you can use google translator) from a known miniatures and rolegames of our country, that speaks about the nostalgy that emanates from that name. Lots of people there speak of it with a good taste in the mouth. Even our imisiel.... (is that you? or maybe another one with your very same nick)
http://www.cargad.com/index.php/2012/07 … fronteras/

Last edited by Maenas (Wed, Nov18 2015 4:22pm)

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#41 Mon, Nov23 2015 11:59am

imisel
Collector

Oh what nice memories. Yes, the comments from "imisel" on 2nd article are mine smile

Ilsa:A franc for your thoughts.
Rick: In America they'd bring only a penny, and, huh, I guess that's about all they're worth.

CASABLANCA (1942)

#42 Mon, Nov23 2015 3:46pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

a real pity sad I wish someone had at least the "keys" to this shop as to not have all the stuff stored them go totally abandonned or ends up thrown away or destroyed by any accident or else. I'm sure we could have some mysteries revealed among all those glasscases sad

#43 Tue, Nov24 2015 8:00pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

From day to day it will be more and more such stores. Finally, they will remain only part of the happy memories of childhood.... pity indeed....

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#44 Wed, Nov25 2015 9:10pm

Ori
Traveller

So many good memories....

What do you mean with we all now how the story ended?

Ricardo

Board footer