Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Wed, Mar5 2008 12:37pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

MX or not MX? that is the Mithril...

well I open this new thread to carry on the debate that was going on , in the taproom. I would not like to bother master Butterbur with all those over serious considerations smile

Feel free to post here from now on

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#2 Wed, Mar5 2008 1:32pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Re: MX or not MX? that is the Mithril...

I have started this nice conversation in the taproom, so I thought I end it there and give it a few more thoughts in this new enviroment.
I checked out the size for the eagle to find the right proportion eagle to man and came up with approx 160mm wingspan..... Very big eagle indeed. The question would be, how much would Mithril charge for a "monster" in this size?

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#3 Wed, Mar5 2008 1:39pm

hsf62
Master Caster

I also did enjoy reading the thoughts and worries coming up with my suggestion. Very interesting and informative. It is good to know we have very caring people in this comunity. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts.

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#4 Wed, Mar5 2008 2:37pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

I think I should add some more thoughts of my own concerning an MX being submissioned, as these also have to do with the Imrahil-MX.
At the moment I'm trying to decide (discussing with Lars Edman) about the number of releases for that figure. Yes, I could now say let there only be those thirty numbered figures casted as I pay for it. But that doesn't make any sense to me. On the one hand I want other collectors to enjoy a new MX as I enjoyed the former ones. I do not want it to be produced as a rarity right away, that never was my intention. So here, from my point of view, Gildor is absolutely right.
On the other hand I have to think about the fact that an MX-figure has to differ (in terms of numbers released) from an 'ordinary' MS-release (which means less figures being produced to make it something special).
Then, of course, there's the important idea to make it available to everybody who might be interested in that figure as I feel being part of a 'fellowship' and am absolutely not keen on regarding an MX as a source for making money. That's why I never intended to sell any of them privately or on Ebay.
I decided to do this, so it's done (so I'll never complain about a financial risk - as we all know that there is one). I wanted to have that figure produced for myself, I absolutely enjoyed the contact with Chris about this project, that's it.
But what I always tried to consider was about two other important things:
-  there must be availability enough for other collectors
-  the price for the figure shouldn't be too high

Availability:  Lars Edman told me from their experiences with the other MX-figures it always took about two months to sell those figures by Mithril (based on a number of about 120 figures that could easily be sold). He suggested to have 150 figures casted ... and that's what we're discussing at the moment. I am decided not to have more than 150, you can be sure about that.
So this means that within a period of two months everybody who is interested will have the chance to get one.

Price: My intention was to keep the price for Imrahil as low as that of the former MXs. So we agreed on 29.95€. Which I think is less than that of some MS-releases. Why? There's a simple answer to this: I want to keep a fixed price (guaranteed by Mithril selling the figures) that is based on an MS-release and so the figure should be affordable for everybody being interested in it. I myself will not keep figures to sell them on Ebay later on. I do not want to support those tendencies we register on Ebay when some rare figures are sold for horrend sums. With this I feel in line with Chris's idea selling his rarities per "buy it now".

Sorry about this long explanation, but I felt obliged to let you know about my thoughts about MX-releases as I am in the process of deciding and thinking (or better the other way round) at the moment.   Huooommrhuuuoooommmmmm ...hom.

#5 Wed, Mar5 2008 2:39pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Alas ... I forgot ... rhuoommm ... I'll leave some information about Imrahil at the Mathom House ... just for those who are interested ... hom ... I didn't want to pester anybody here with that ... rhuom

#6 Wed, Mar5 2008 9:16pm

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

I was going to suggest, Master Ent, that a clever trick would be to cast 150 for sale...
...and announce 100.

Just don't number them smile

It means they'll sell quickly and there'll still be good availability.

Gavin

#7 Wed, Mar5 2008 10:06pm

presto247365
Adventurer

Yours is a very well thought out, reasonable, and sensitive rationale for the MX series Theobald.  Very entish indeed.  Congratulations on your figure and thank you for considering "the Fellowship".  May it bring great joy and satisfaction.

#8 Fri, Mar7 2008 6:05pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

You weren't obliged to offer any sort of explanation for your decisions, Master Ent, but having read your reasoning I find it faultless, unselfish and entirely unhasty. All power (and another bowl of amber-coloured, er, water...) to the Tree.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#9 Fri, Mar7 2008 11:40pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Well, Master Barliman, you know ... huoommm ... I felt free to offer explanations ... as you might regard that being faultless, unselfish or even unhasty ... huuuom ... it is up to you.
I did not haste at all ... rhuoommm ... but you might remember what might happen once trees are decided .... huoommm ...
thanks for your comment, Master Barliman ... I'll be soon over at the tabroom for having that liquid .... rhuoommm

Board footer