Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#51 Mon, Jun29 2009 3:12pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Re: works

Very well done Christoph!

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#52 Mon, Jun29 2009 10:10pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

As usual a pleasure to behold smile.

#53 Wed, Jul1 2009 10:27am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Thank you for your kind words, gentlemen. You can believe me, it counts a lot to me !

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#54 Thu, Aug20 2009 3:44pm

Maenas
Traveller

Cannot wait to see more of your beautiful work. Great palettes on all of them!!

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#55 Thu, Aug20 2009 10:40pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Hey Maeneas, thank you for your compliment. Maybe there is a chance on facebook to see more of my work.
There are some people around here you will find there as well . . .

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#56 Mon, Aug31 2009 6:29am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Master from Mirkwood.... only I have not commented on this your great topic. I have a feeling that your way of mixing colors perfectly complements my vision to figures should appear. Finally, a few of them I have changed some details to look a little more realistic after I saw your work... On facebook I left a few comments, but this diorama with Rohan warriors is simply the best ... Yesterday I picked up in grandma's garden, a small splinter, and I will make a Diorama on it just like you. lol
soon ! I see the end I left another gloomy picture of the atmosphere on my topic hmm

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#57 Sun, Nov1 2009 4:15pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

I know somebody deeply wants to see this result: The Lost Range- Halforcs of Saruman.
What a pity that these magnificent halforcs didn´t go into production. Sometimes the ways are inscrutable . . .
Lucky men- who have some or even all of them. I hope you will like them, the chapter halforcs is closed.

Click to close

Click to close

#58 Sun, Nov1 2009 4:34pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

"chapeau" !!!, Master Rita.de .... very impressive .. as always your presentation of figures is ....
These are rare figures and "dammed-well painted",  as Master Gavin would say.
The additional standards you made make this piece even more expressive, accorging to the watercolours in the background ... thank you smile

#59 Sun, Nov1 2009 5:34pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Retrieving a comment from Facebook .... fast.... I'm going now lol   

what a beautiful diorama... you must put all orcs together.... wink

#60 Sun, Nov1 2009 5:40pm

OriginalAragorn
Strider

Christoph - brilliant as always!  I always look at your dioramas to try to get inspiration.  The muted color scheme - great!  The watercolour background - great!  The banners - great!

I wish I could spend a couple hours watching some of these great painters do their magic - that way I could pick up some helpful hints!

Three cheers!  big_smile

And here we find you feasting and idling - and smoking! Smoking! Where did you come by the weed, you villains? - Gimli

#61 Mon, Nov2 2009 7:39pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Thank you very much. This is the last pic of those halforks. A combination of the original Isengart-range and the Lost warband range.
I don´t want to bother you, just to show you the whole idea.

Click to close

#62 Tue, Nov3 2009 7:13am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Nothing but perfect ! After all these pictures I began to live in a new dimension of Mithril wink

#63 Tue, Nov3 2009 1:52pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Master Archer of Mirkwood, how long would it take you to paint aprox 200 of these guys?

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#64 Tue, Nov3 2009 2:47pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Mmmmh 200 miniatures?! Aproximately 2 years. roll

#65 Tue, Nov3 2009 3:40pm

OriginalAragorn
Strider

Seeing the final product - wonderful stuff!  Keep these things coming!

big_smile

And here we find you feasting and idling - and smoking! Smoking! Where did you come by the weed, you villains? - Gimli

#66 Wed, Nov4 2009 10:51am

hsf62
Master Caster

Hmm.. 2 years... not bad at all. I would need at least 20 and that would spoil the whole thing.
The thing I'm thinking of, needs a minimum of 400 minis and I think it would be a nice advertisement for Mithril in a shopfront.
OK, let me think about this matter. I need a bit more time to make a plan, so I know how many I really need/would like.

Master Estel, you idea is not bad at all. I guess we got a lot of good painters here on MMP to support something like this.

#67 Wed, Nov4 2009 11:57am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

mmmmmhhhh, open for everything, Master Caster. In important cases and with an other bottle of that spanish red wine it could run faster, possible . . . wink

#68 Wed, Nov4 2009 2:11pm

hsf62
Master Caster

I like red wine too and it really works.

#69 Wed, Nov4 2009 2:53pm

erchamion
Adventurer

rita.de wrote:

mmmmmhhhh, open for everything, Master Caster. In important cases and with an other bottle of that spanish red wine it could run faster, possible . . . wink

I don´t know what you like best, spanish red wine or the corks of bottles .....lol

Ideally, you drink wine (spanish, of course wink ) and then show us what you paint on their corks ..smile

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#70 Thu, Nov5 2009 9:08pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

rita.de wrote:

Thank you very much. This is the last pic of those halforks. A combination of the original Isengart-range and the Lost warband range.
I don´t want to bother you, just to show you the whole idea.

Click to close

As ever I look at your paint ups with admiration Christoph, the subtleness of the painting enhanced with the now expected back-drop just bring these figures to life.

Anyhow, I can have a rest from the big guys that have been taking up too much of my time of late and can get on with some Mithrils at long last.

Thanks once again for sharing.

David

#71 Thu, Nov5 2009 11:07pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Thanks again, gentlemen. Time to show us new stuff, David!

#72 Wed, Nov25 2009 6:04am

OriginalAragorn
Strider

Waiting for Rivendell...  oh, yes, my friend... waiting for Rivendell...  lol

#73 Sun, Jan17 2010 12:15pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Puuh, New Year has started already . . .
I took the quiet days between Christmas and New Year´s day for finishing the Stonetrolls. It took further days for photographing.
A hard job in these days . . . the Tree will know . . .
So I hope you will like the "sorrounding" for that famous Dunedain . . .

Click to close

Click to close

#74 Sun, Jan17 2010 12:17pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Oh, you think the third Troll is missing . . .?

Click to close

#75 Sun, Jan17 2010 1:17pm

Arthadan
Traveller

Wonderful works of art! Mind to explain how you make those awesome trees?

Last edited by Arthadan (Sun, Jan17 2010 1:17pm)

To mortal fields say farewell,
Middle-earth forsaking!
In Elvenhome a clear bell
in the high tower is shaking.

Board footer