Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 Tue, Feb12 2008 3:56pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Re: The Taproom

Huoommmmm .... no, Master Barliman. I think Master Caster just tried to remember well .... but huoommm ... you see what some of the liquids you sell cause with some of your customers ... huomm.... they still remember the letters but are confused about the correct order ... rhuoommm .... out comes an anagram, methinks ... hom

#27 Wed, Feb13 2008 3:33am

hsf62
Master Caster

HaHaHA! We are all wrong! None of the names is correct! Wendy are you sure you know the right name?
I can see clearly now the scrumpy is gone!

Last edited by hsf62 (Wed, Feb13 2008 3:35am)

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#28 Wed, Feb13 2008 7:36am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

What's in a name? I'm more interested in what the figure is to be. Seems like I'm about the only person who doesn't know.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#29 Wed, Feb13 2008 2:35pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huooommmm .... I have just learned that he mounted this morning and is awaiting further accessoires tonight (hopefully) ... hom ... so the shape's shaping, so to say .... huoommm.
But Master Caster was right indeed with his first anagram .... huoommmm
What about this allusion to Master O. Wilde, Master Barliman? .... hom ... I don't understand that.

#30 Wed, Feb13 2008 2:49pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Well, the anagram confirms what I'd guessed and assumed, but I was too dull-witted to see it immediately. And I don't know what the Oscar allusion was about either. Or even where it was. Obviously I'm not paying sufficient attention at the moment. Clearly I need to drink more ale and less scrumpy.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#31 Wed, Feb13 2008 3:28pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huuooommmm .... so you don't know the verses about Oskar Wilde? .... rhuoommm ... so I might quote:

"Aesthete of aesthetes
What's in a name?          <---------- see this line?
Your name it is Wilde,
But your poetry's lame."

rhuoommmm ... I thought of your question being an allusion that I did not understand ... hom
never mind ...

#32 Wed, Feb13 2008 3:30pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Ah, Oscar's line has become an everyday adage here in the Breeland, so I didn't realise that he had originated it.

#33 Wed, Feb13 2008 5:45pm

Kenakko
Dude of Westernesse

Hello everyone!  Nice place!  Which way to the 'gents'?  The room marked 'WC' actually contained Warg Coats I assume are the extra door mats.  I've been out wandering for some time now and have no tidings of Mithrandir.  A shame...anyway, it's good to be back among friends and smell the unique aroma of the Pony and taste the liquid fire of scrumpy again...

#34 Wed, Feb13 2008 6:00pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoooommmmrhuuooommmmmmm ...... a very nice welcome to you here, Master Kenakko .... a very nice one ... hooommm ... I was afraid you also got lost (though I know you weren't) ... hom .... Hey, Master Barliman, please a bowl of that whatever Master Kennako likes .... rhuoommm ... you might mark that on my tab ... alas ... huoomm.
As for you, Master Kennako, there's no WC Warg Coats in here ... huoommm .. but on what you're standing are called Warg skins ... kind of rug the barkeep likes but let others care about them ... huooommmm ... anyway ... I'm glad to meet you here, Master Kenakko .... hom

#35 Wed, Feb13 2008 7:11pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I'd recommend people keep out of that wardrobe full of wargskin coats, or they might end up in an alternate Narnia of some sort, with a Witchking instead of a Witch queen...

#36 Wed, Feb13 2008 7:28pm

Kenakko
Dude of Westernesse

Good to see you Master tree and Master Barkeep.  I'll take the generous round offered by the Ent chap.  I'd like to say I've been battling orcs but battling diapers and sleep deprivation would be more accurate...but what news?!  We must spread the word so the rest of our lost travellers can find their ways.  Hey did you check out the website of ESTEL?  That, with the beer, makes me think of relocating to Germany!

#37 Wed, Feb13 2008 8:19pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I like the avatar!

#38 Wed, Feb13 2008 8:38pm

Kenakko
Dude of Westernesse

:)Thanks, that's me ca. 1972

Last edited by Kenakko (Wed, Feb13 2008 8:40pm)

#39 Thu, Feb14 2008 10:18pm

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

Hey Kenakko! It's good to see you here! I haven't heard from you in a while. big_smile

These are indeed strange days, dreams and legends spring to life out of the grass! - Eomer

#40 Fri, Feb15 2008 2:25pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommmm .... alas, Master Barliman, I really am in need of a bowl-of-you-know-what ... hom
at the moment I'm working at that horrible "Mathom House" ... it still is a mess ... huoom ...
coiny things? .... let me have a look ... rhuoommm ... nope ...
what about a fact to pay for that tomorrow or the day after ... huoommm? ...

#41 Fri, Feb15 2008 2:50pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

(just a hint master ent : open new threads for each unique you find... the first post should be the picture and some explanation from you if you want... the following posts would be discussions on THIS unique especially.. so One Unique/special item = One thread smile  )

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#42 Fri, Feb15 2008 7:09pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Rhuooommmm ... why do those Elves have those complicated constructions ... all right. huom.
I'll try to cope with .... rhuoommm ... wink

#43 Fri, Feb15 2008 7:19pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Didn't I tell you Master Gildor to have a nice weekend to relax? ...rhuooommm ... Keep away from these premises for awhile ... rhuoomm ... and enjoy life ... hom.
.... gruoohhhmmm ... I hope this time he'll get it  .... alas
a bit hasty he seems to be ... hom.
Master Barliman? ... around here ... ?

#44 Fri, Feb15 2008 7:38pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Yes, I'm here. I asume you need some clear amber liquid? And I look forward to that 'fact' you promised either tomorrow or the day after, if you still haven't got any coiny things. But it has to be aa NEW fact that I haven't heard before.

#45 Sat, Feb16 2008 10:41am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huooommm ... well, there are more than one new facts ... rhuoommm ... not mentioning the rumours ... huoommm ... ahem, to be honest, I have to save some of those left coiny things I have for buying that metal-wave being produced by some Mithril company in Ireland this year.
...rhuooomm ... quite a lot meseems ... hom ... so I have to pay in facts .... rhuuoommmmm.
I might try to hang a picture in that "Mathom House" for two days ... huooommm ... just to see if it's at its right place ... rhuommm ... CT,LE and TE ... gave their "go-ahaid" ... rhuoomm ... hom
This Master O'Brian in his last newsletter gave away what all of us knew ... anyway I have to hang up that picture in that rotten house for awhile ... huoommmrhuoommm ... just have to find the place and ... well ... huoommmm ...

#46 Sat, Feb16 2008 12:47pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Rhuoommm ... huoommm ... still there's a lot of work to be done here .... alas ...
at least I found a hammer and a nail to hang up a picture at the place I was decided to take care about/of ... far away from here these houses are, aren't they? ... rhoouumommhom.
Oh, by the way, as I'm here fixing and furnituering (there's no such word, I know) ... may I please fix the sign reading "Smoker's Corner" at that part of the Pony ... thank you, Man in the Dark, I didn't want to harrass you ... it was just a matter of fixing signs in here ... rhuoommm.

#47 Sat, Feb16 2008 3:36pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Be honest, you're just making sure that no one with a naked flame gets too near your woody hide!

By the way, I've only just discovered that The Man has produced a figure for the Salute show again, as he did last year. Was anyone aware of this? I'hd heard a very vague hint somewhere (no, not from our resident brushwood), but now I see it has actually come to pass. It's a very nice (if you can call the subject matter 'nice') orc chieftain on a wolf with an armoured headpiece. There are some pictures of it on the Salute website at:

http://www.salute.co.uk/saluteframe.htm

Super figure, in fact. I shall be after getting hold of more than one of these, on eBay or otherwise...

#48 Sat, Feb16 2008 4:24pm

Kenakko
Dude of Westernesse

Yes, Barliman, that is an ultra-cool figure.  I like the anti-snout bite gear (what are those things called anyway?).  I doubt they will go for cheap on eBay like the first Salute figures are now.

#49 Sat, Feb16 2008 4:49pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Horse head-armour is called a 'chanfron'.

#50 Sat, Feb16 2008 4:59pm

Kenakko
Dude of Westernesse

A chanfron, yes, I knew that!  This was, er, just a quiz!  You passed!  Thanks!  But when it's on a wulf I propose calling it a 'chanfree'!smile

Last edited by Kenakko (Sat, Feb16 2008 5:00pm)

Board footer