Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#6401 Fri, May27 2011 1:43pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Re: The Taproom

Huooommmm ... a drink for free, you said, Master Milo? ... rhuom ... that's very kind indeed .... hom

#6402 Fri, May27 2011 1:59pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Here's your bowl Master Ent....ouch...funny how bigger bowl can be heavier !

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#6403 Fri, May27 2011 2:35pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I wasn't asleep! Just because my eyes were closed doesn't mean I wasn't paying attention - I was just resting my eyeballs. (If you had to look at Nob all day you'd want to rest your eyeballs occasionally too!)

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#6404 Sat, May28 2011 12:29am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huuoommm ... thanks a lot to both of you ... rhuoommm ... err ... huou°uom ...

#6405 Sat, May28 2011 7:24am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

ah I know something about resting your eyeballs master butterbur

well it seems some rest to them helps a lit, meseems I feel better now smile

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#6406 Sat, May28 2011 8:34am

erchamion
Adventurer

Good morning everyone!

A good breakfast please. The heat has already appeared on this site Middle Earth .... cool

I have not know anything about "C...... of dwarves"(I think that was his name ...). Any rumor about it? Will it ever see the light? roll

Last edited by erchamion (Sat, May28 2011 7:50pm)

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#6407 Sat, May28 2011 9:26am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huuooooommmmm ... good morning, yes ... huom ... but, Master Erchamion, where did you come across this rumour? ... hooommm ... Creator of dwarves ... strange name that is ... huom ... that really cannot be more than just a rumour or something you might have dreamed of in your dark vaults ... rhuoomm ... though the idea of a dream being realized is a nice one ... huoommm ... I did make some experience with that matter ... rhuom ... interesting that is ... hoomrhuomhom

#6408 Sat, May28 2011 9:27am

erchamion
Adventurer

Indeed, I've been carefully setting the new MS566. Really superb. Full of details like flowers that look down the chain mail .... yikesbig_smile

Click to close

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#6409 Sat, May28 2011 9:36am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huooommm ... seems to be a very nice Dwarf indeed ... rhuom ... nice axe, by the way ... hom

#6410 Sat, May28 2011 12:09pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommm ... no one around once again ... hmmmm ... huom? ... err, so what? ... should start a soliloquy meseems ... rhuooommm ...
"So, my dear Ent, what to do with that BB-problem? ... [which is about the Balrog-beast]
Alas, I'm still building that d****d tomb at the roots of the mountains. Grruuooummm ... alright, there's a lot of slate and stones, rocks, sand, etc. left ... so I could finish that tomb within two or three days, right? ..... huomm ... but there'll be a new problem then ... which indeed I would like to say might turn out to be a real problem then .... old Ent, then you cannot see that Balrog any more ... alas ... so you need advice from wiser beings about when to stop building that tomb ...
though it's a lot of fun to do that ... rhuoooommmmmmm ...hom ...
[Ent of soliloquy, exit Ent]

#6411 Sat, May28 2011 12:20pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

No, I'm here Master Tree. I was just thinking (which takes me a while these days). I was just ruminating that Middle-earth must be a very windy place. But even allowing for that, I'm becoming just a little bit disenchanted with flaring cloaks on Mitrhil figures...they often don't seem to ring quite true. I mean, if it's that windy why isn't Stonehelm's beard blowing around as well? Ah well, it's probably just me, but I much prefer a straighforward hanging or flowing cloak rather than the sort that the new Dwarf lad is wearing.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#6412 Sat, May28 2011 12:29pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommmm ... I do agree completely with you about them flaring cloaks, Master Barliman ... huom ... I'll get back to that later, bacause I just want to show some pictures that might explain the problem I was talking about before ... rhuoommm ... in case I can manage to get the pictures here .... grruoommm ... by now I failed thrice to upload that stuff ... huomm ... maybe they're too heavy ... huom

#6413 Sat, May28 2011 12:30pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huom .... so, let's see ...

Click to close

#6414 Sat, May28 2011 12:32pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

seems to work somehow ... huoomm ... now second ...

Click to close

#6415 Sat, May28 2011 12:34pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Hooommm ... okidoke, now second last ...

Click to close

#6416 Sat, May28 2011 12:35pm

erchamion
Adventurer

Ohh! Good place for a ´siesta` ...... smile

#6417 Sat, May28 2011 12:35pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

lol I managed ... so a very last one ... huoommm

Click to close

#6418 Sat, May28 2011 12:48pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommmm ... now you might better understand me thoughts and concerns ... rhuoommm ... so, should I continue building that tomby-thing, maybe adding some few Mithril-silver to the ground and adding more boulders and rocks ... rhuoommm ... I need your advice ... huoommm..
thank you, Master Erchamion, your comment is very much appreciated as you're an expert of tombs, vaults and such things ... huooommmm ...

#6419 Sat, May28 2011 1:00pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I'd say that's looking very impressive, Master Tree!

#6420 Sat, May28 2011 2:07pm

cameosis
Master of Languages

Barliman wrote:

I'm becoming just a little bit disenchanted with flaring cloaks on Mitrhil figures...they often don't seem to ring quite true. I mean, if it's that windy why isn't Stonehelm's beard blowing around as well?

actually, it is very realistic -- after a healthy meal at your place, these guys simply pass around some serious gas. thus, it is wind, but not "wind."

if they had FARTED IN each other's GENERAL DIRECTION, that would be an entirely different story and the beards would ride like the wind, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur8ftRFb2Ac

Esse quam videri. (Marcus Tullius Cicero)

#6421 Sat, May28 2011 2:09pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Happily, I'd forgotten all about Chris Cross....why did you have to remind me?

#6422 Sat, May28 2011 2:11pm

cameosis
Master of Languages

Barliman wrote:

Happily, I'd forgotten all about Chris Cross....why did you have to remind me?

my pleasure. lawyers are there to remember.

speaking of chriss/kriss cross/kross: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IGPv2r_A1o
(thanks for reminding me, this time!)

Last edited by cameosis (Sat, May28 2011 2:12pm)

Esse quam videri. (Marcus Tullius Cicero)

#6423 Sat, May28 2011 3:15pm

erchamion
Adventurer

Gildor Inglorion wrote:

I like the scene a lot master ent! really well done!

as for creator, father or whatever of dwarves master erchamion.... the project has been canceled as it is, and should not be addressed in public anymore... there are licence, copyright issues in this matter that prevent further conception...

I'll be happy to give you details in private if you want or maybe in Angrenost (that's not even sure) and I think that mentionning the word "father of ... " should be removed from these posts please... as the pony can be parsed by google and display result for anybody looking for this entry... and THIS is to be avoided at all cost... if we EVER want to see in our hands what I  - alone it seems, or maybe some few others - have seen in pics...

PS : I may delete this very post soon...

Thanks for the reply, Gildor smile

Deleted the post with the words .... F.... of dwarves ....

if you consider it appropriate I will also erase the C..... of dwarves....wink

Last edited by erchamion (Sat, May28 2011 7:49pm)

#6424 Sat, May28 2011 3:17pm

erchamion
Adventurer

Theobald wrote:

thank you, Master Erchamion, your comment is very much appreciated as you're an expert of tombs, vaults and such things ... huooommmm ...

Indeed, Master Tree.  I can consider myself an expert on that topic, and I must say that this is a GREAT place to 'sleep' big_smile

#6425 Sat, May28 2011 6:00pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

erchamion wrote:

Indeed, I've been carefully setting the new MS566. Really superb. Full of details like flowers that look down the chain mail .... yikesbig_smile

Click to close

100% Agree... smile but I was expecting a little different posture....

Last edited by Thingol (Sat, May28 2011 8:21pm)

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

Board footer