Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#6576 Sat, Jun18 2011 12:35pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Re: The Taproom

Huoommm ... only with the help of a friend I was able to build that chariot for the first time ever, as you might know ... gruuuooommm ... took me much time ... but all of it was worth it ... huoom
... as now I can place it together with some Easterlings ... huoomm ...

Click to close

Click to close

Huoommm ... see ... when the Company cannot do, you have to do-it-yourself ... rhuoomm

#6577 Sat, Jun18 2011 12:39pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Ah, yes, I remember the chariot now. But what manufacturer produces the horsemen?

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#6578 Sat, Jun18 2011 12:47pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommm ... I'm glad you like it, Master Barliman ... though you should have seen that chariot on this site here ... rhuoommm ... it's in that "Mathom House of Michael Delving" in the thread called "Easterling chariot" ... huomm ... I know you don't have the time to care about reading all what's written or shown here in other threads, as you are a hard-working man in the Pony ... huoommmm .... though I do hope you can find the time to fill my bowl, please ... huoomm ... then I'll answer your second query ... rhuoommm ...

#6579 Sat, Jun18 2011 1:27pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoomm ... as for Easterlings we know Master Tolkien referred to many peoples in the east ... huom ... Master Tubb has perfectly taken up that idea with the latest Christmas figure ... huom
... with my idea I tried to refer to those Hunnic riders, though they never used any chariots ... huomm ... but in fantasy they do (though it doesn't make any sense) ... right? ... rhuommmhuom ...

#6580 Sat, Jun18 2011 1:45pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

As you say, Master Tree. For myself, I use some Fantasy pseudo-Mongol types, and I shall probably add some Patzinaks and/or Kumans by and by. But you've not answered my enquiry, Master T.! What manufacturer produced these Hunnic types that you've used? They have a rather nice "look" about them.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#6581 Sat, Jun18 2011 1:55pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommm ... well, that company doesn't produce any more, Master Barliman. ... huomm .. it went broke ... huommm? ... in the late 70s, I think ... those Huns were produced in the 60s ... huoomm ... the company was called "Elastolin Hausser" and before also had a very long tradition in producing many kind of miniatures referring to different topics but also to historical themes ... huoomm ... so rare they are by now ... err, very rare ...
huomm ... you might guess what that means ... huoomm ...
in my pics you also see conversions of original figures ... huom ... I simply was lucky to have them after 30 years ... rhuooommm ...
Ah, by the by, the idea of the pose of Frumgar was also based on a Norman rider of that company ... wink

#6582 Sat, Jun18 2011 2:03pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I remember Elastolin figures well. I even had some once. I seem to remember that Nob and I shot them with my air rifle when we were adolescent idiots. Woe is me - they would probably have paid for building an extension to The Pony these days.

#6583 Sat, Jun18 2011 2:23pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommm ... right you are, Master Barliman ... and I often did the same until I noticed some years ago that some of them were brilliant figures when I found them again in some part in my cellar ... huoomm ... that's when I started collecting them again ... collecting the Renaissance artillery, the medieval siege-machines and equipment ... just for the Norman-series ... rhuoom
alas ... huoommm ... though ... shooting Elastolin-figures with an air rifle was ... you know what ... rhuoommm ...

#6584 Sat, Jun18 2011 2:34pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Click to close

#6585 Sat, Jun18 2011 2:37pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoomm ... just for fun ....

Click to close

Click to close

#6586 Sat, Jun18 2011 2:43pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommm ... I just hope I do not spoil the atmosphere in this Pony-place by showing pigs ... rhuom ... it's raining outside, so I had to come in ... huoomm ... rhuomtidommtobellytom ...

#6587 Sat, Jun18 2011 2:44pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Hunnen from Elastolin? smile

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#6588 Sat, Jun18 2011 3:04pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huooommm ... those nasty and belligerent Pastinaks I will find about soon, Master Barliman, as I met them once or twice on my way from Birka to Byzanz ... rhuomm ...

#6589 Sat, Jun18 2011 3:43pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Of course, Master Caster. - I did remember the late 60s and now was lucky to find someone to give them away for a fair price. ... rhuoommm ... the production of the "horde" was cancelled years before then, as far as I know (early 60s) ... I'm sure you know a bit about Elastolin Hausser ... which means that you can vary much by painting the same figure... rhuoommm ... but as far as I can see there are at least 3 different colour-schemes for each miniature ... rhuommm ... it's another dream being here .... rhuomm ... though I will have to repaint a lot ...

#6590 Sat, Jun18 2011 3:52pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

At least I didn't gun down any of the ones that you collect, Master Tree - mine were all Romans and Gauls.

And welcome back, Master Caster! Haven't seen you around these parts for a while. Hope you're well, down there in upside-down land?

#6591 Sat, Jun18 2011 4:01pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommm ... Romans and Gauls + Normans I do also have, Master Barliman ... as it is ... huom

#6592 Sat, Jun18 2011 7:41pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Theobald wrote:

Huoommm ... unfortunately non-Mithril stuff ... huoomm ... though I could add some Mithril-based conversion ... huom

Click to close

Awesome Master Tree..... I like concept and I hope one day Chris will sculpt this magnificent army ( mounted ) !!!!

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#6593 Sat, Jun18 2011 7:44pm

twrich
The Man in the Dark

And I completely agree! Fabulous.  I wish Master CT would make us an Easterling Chariot with a driver and a worrior as well!!!

Until then, Master Gardener I see you are in the Pony with me, come and have a drink. Barli? Nob? Oh well, we'll have to help ourselves!

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#6594 Sat, Jun18 2011 8:12pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Just because I'm being quiet doesn't mean I'm not here. Man in the Corner, so we'll have none of this liberal "helping yourself" nonsense. Nob, on the other hand, isn't quite here even when he is.

#6595 Sat, Jun18 2011 10:33pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Thank you for a drink Master form the dark.... smile see you.... !

#6596 Sat, Jun18 2011 11:26pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

twrich wrote:

And I completely agree! Fabulous.  I wish Master CT would make us an Easterling Chariot with a driver and a worrior as well!!!

Until then, Master Gardener I see you are in the Pony with me, come and have a drink. Barli? Nob? Oh well, we'll have to help ourselves!

Maybe this could be another MX-project . . . ! tonguecooltongue

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#6597 Sun, Jun19 2011 12:03am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huommm ... no, master Turambar, that's impossible ... 11 riders and chariots would extend any idea even of an MX ... rhuoouummm ... by far ... hoommmm ... I thought the "Unexpected Party" would have been impossible to realize .... rhuoommm ...

#6598 Sun, Jun19 2011 12:21am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommm ... Master Barliman, whom did you refer to when you said ""liberal "helping yourself" nonsense"  ? ... huom .. me? .. a tree? ... rhuuoommmm ?

#6599 Sun, Jun19 2011 6:23am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

No, no, of course not. I meant that good-for-nothing scoundrel Ranger.

#6600 Sun, Jun19 2011 7:32am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Theobald wrote:

Huommm ... no, master Turambar, that's impossible ... 11 riders and chariots would extend any idea even of an MX ... rhuoouummm ... by far ... hoommmm ... I thought the "Unexpected Party" would have been impossible to realize .... rhuoommm ...

Maybe he wants to see ( or to have ) only chariot with 2 or one angry coachman ! He....he....

And I would like to have it too.....

Board footer