Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Thu, May13 2010 11:35pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Ent wives

Ahem ... so to say ... what I mean is ... has anybody around here painted those female Ents ?

#2 Thu, May13 2010 11:56pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Re: Ent wives

I just witnessed that the base of the trees in the M-series was hexagonal ... that differs from the regular bases. - though the  base of the "MS-trumpeting Ent" strictly keeps to the rectangular base of the MS-series ... I dont know why that is. Even the base for the tree with them two girls on it in the old M-series had an hexagonal shape.
why ?

#3 Fri, May14 2010 12:47am

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

I have one I keep meaning to paint, but alas, I won't get it done anytime soon.

There's a start of one as part of an Ent painting competition on The One Ring:
http://www.one-ring.co.uk/phpBB2/viewto … mp;start=0

(Scroll down)

#4 Fri, May14 2010 12:49am

Kenakko
Dude of Westernesse

Yes, Master Tree I have one of those elusive female Ents painted!  Only, at the moment,her photo is proving to be just as elusive.  I will post one here shortly if I can not find an easy reference from my vaults. In the mean time, here's this: Click to close

She was very close to this color scheme, lighter with a little splash of color on her flowers.  And speaking of shapes, what about the occasional oval used in the M series.  I suppose it's just the variety of life one hears so much about.  Am I the only one interested in breaking into, er, sampling Barely's private stock while he's away?

#5 Fri, May14 2010 6:42am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

about hexagonal base, there is another one too : M140 which is not a tree but only a "support" for flying eagle.

Hexagonal is also used for most Christmas figurines
Chr1990,Chr1992,Chr1993,Chr1994,Chr1995,Chr2001,Chr2004,Chr2006,Chr2007,Chr2008,Chr2009

and also for prototypes
54Proto2,54Proto3,54Proto4

By the way Kennako, still not willing to part with your ME2 and 54mm Saruman I presume? smile

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#6 Fri, May14 2010 7:20am

hsf62
Master Caster

Very natural!lol

Click to close

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#7 Fri, May14 2010 12:18pm

Wendy
Slowest Painter Ever
Website

Perhaps the hexagon base was used because it is more stable for taller miniatures?

#8 Fri, May14 2010 12:33pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Ahem, thank you all ... but ... what I see is that no-one here painted those two ... right? Or at least cannot or doesn't want to provide pictures. - Next weekend will be the third in a row I'm going to re-paint mine. Though I'm sure another weekend will have to be spent on this very serious matter.
See, that's the old problem with those Entwives ... everybody has heard of them, maybe even has got one (but then forgot about her) ... that's why some of us Ents (and there are few) think there are none any more.
But there's time, isn't it? And where's time there's hope. ... that's why you really cannot haste everything, can you?  wink

#9 Fri, May14 2010 12:49pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Oh, the base ... I think has nothing got to do with stability, I think, as my good old "Trumpeting Ent" is stable still, Mistress Wendy, though his roots do not extend the base as the old ones did.

Master Gildor, I do know about some Christmas Figures, as you might guess smile. I was just referring to the M-series. But there you were absolutely right, as I forgot to mention the base of the eagle carrying the Hobbit who is held by a Dwarf (M140) wink

#10 Fri, May14 2010 3:18pm

Kenakko
Dude of Westernesse

Well Master Tree, did I detect a small amount of, er, haste?
Click to close

Anyway, not one of my best paint jobs dating from the early 90's.  Besides, every artist knows tree trunks are actually grey, right?
Click to close
So, submitted for your satisfaction.
By the way Kennako, still not willing to part with your ME2 and 54mm Saruman I presume? Well, Master Elf, as I've have explained before, these were gifts!

Last edited by Kenakko (Fri, May14 2010 3:22pm)

#11 Fri, May14 2010 5:03pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Ahhh, thank you very much, Master Kenakko for providing pics of Ent-wives for the first time ever ... beautiful they are, aren't they?
The early 90s ... yes.

#12 Fri, May14 2010 6:04pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Mine is on 'the bench' and has been for many a year almost finished, but not quite roll , nice one Ken.

#13 Sat, May15 2010 2:58pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommmrhuoomhomm ... this is the second weekend I try to upload and place an avatar ... huoommm ... these things are too complicated, meseems ... that's why I need some nice liquid, Nob ...
rhuoommm ... size and resize or even mis-size or  ... alas ... it doesn't work ... hom ... not at all ... maybe Master Gildor could help me with that, but ... alas he's so busy ...
maybe I'd better do something else ... rhuoommm ... ah, Nob, do you know if it's allowed to take a drink outside these premises? ... huomm ... I don't know exactly about the laws in Bree ...
anyway ... rhuoommm ... who cares? ...

#14 Sat, May15 2010 3:03pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

size (in pixels) AND weight (in kilobytes) do matter master ent... but if you want you can send me the pics you want as an avatar and I'll try to upload it for u (or resize it the right way)

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#15 Sat, May15 2010 3:11pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommm ... thank you very much Master Gildor ... hoommm ... I think I should do exactly that ... gruuooooohommm ... all these weights do not really mean anything to me, you know ... we have the grams for weighing Mithril miniatures in the other thread ... then now we have pixels and kilobytes ... huoomm ... what else is there to come? ... microbytes?
anyway, thank you, Master Gildor ... huoommm ...

#16 Sat, May15 2010 4:12pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well that's done wink

#17 Sat, May15 2010 5:01pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

what's that? ... I can see me, tree ... rhuoomm ... thank you very much, Master Gildor ... it's an avatar with my posts ... amazing ... rhuoomm ... it's good to know some Elves ...

#18 Sat, May15 2010 10:18pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Salving to know, that I am not the only one with avatar-problems . . . wink

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#19 Sat, May15 2010 11:18pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

don't hesitate christoph to send me a mail with the pic you want if you can't manage to upload it yourself smile I'll do it gladly it only takes 20s smile at best

#20 Sun, May16 2010 12:28pm

hsf62
Master Caster

A cheers to the new (old) avatar!
No one to talk to anyhow...
Nob? Noooob....
It looks like self sevice again...
cheers! tongue

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#21 Sun, May16 2010 12:31pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Master trees avatar will change in the future again...lol
I know more then he does.... lol at least regarding this comment...

#22 Sun, May16 2010 4:01pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Rhuoommm ... knowing more than me does? ... change my precious new avatar, Master Hsf62 ? ... rhuoommm ... maybe there are things on earth I do not know about ... huoommm ... that's why I changed that "wisest of Ents" characterization our dear gildory Elf broadcasted ... huom ...
strange that is, that you, Master Caster, are able to see the future and know more than I do ... huom  .....   smile

#23 Mon, May17 2010 3:36am

hsf62
Master Caster

Only in this case Master Ent, only in this case....

#24 Mon, May17 2010 6:09pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

and a new avatar around smile

#25 Mon, May17 2010 8:11pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

After Master Theobalds request for pictures of Ent-Wives I took a break from the UP to finish this lady off.  So now we have two finished smile. and it has only taken me over 10 years or since whenever she first walked onto the shelf to get her done. I can't be accused of being hasty.

Click to close

Click to close

Board footer