Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#3826 Sat, Jan4 2014 9:10am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Re: THE TAPROOM 2

I will gladly join you master Tom... cheers !

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#3827 Sat, Jan4 2014 9:13am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

So will I once I've got past my week-long hangover.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#3828 Sat, Jan4 2014 9:32am

Mornedhel
Traveller

Cheers ... big_smile

#3829 Sat, Jan4 2014 12:54pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huooooommmm .... rhûom ... tidommm

#3830 Sat, Jan4 2014 1:42pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I know just how you feel, Master Tree.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#3831 Sat, Jan4 2014 2:34pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

hom? ... no, you don't, Master of the Tabs, Taps and Traps, you don't ... rhuoommm ... I simply was just a little bit absent-minded lately because I was seriously contemplating about which day it is today ... huomm ... mind, please, that we trees call each new day "to-day" ... rhooommm ... at the moment I'm considering a wise thought that came to my mind ... rhuoom ... one could give each new day a name or number ... or even both ... hoommm ... but what about those days that have passed already? ... huom ... just reverse number and name, or is it better to add some adjectives such as "good", "bad", "ugly", or "...?" huommm ... see, then there's the problem when to start .... alas .... huoommm .... I better reconsider all of this if time allows ... rhuommm ... so, Master Barliman, just to cut it short, as I said before, you cannot know how I feel ... houooom ........ hom

#3832 Sat, Jan4 2014 2:41pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Ah, I thought it was a description of the inside of your head. Certainly the noises are very similar to the Orcish noise rattling round inside my own alcohol-befuddled brain.

#3833 Sat, Jan4 2014 4:20pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoommm ... so, see, Master Barliman, at least now I (!) know how you (!) feel ... huom ... and that doesn't sound good at all . ..huom ... so, let me first tell you that a rattling Orcish noise in the brain does not necessarily mean that your brains lack blood instead of the other liquid ... huomm ... I think you simply caught a cold, which also very often might befuddle a brain ... rhuom ... nothing serious that is at this early time of the year, but should be considered and watched furtheron .... hoommm ...
... er, the other diagnosis I have right at hand is, that you tried some of that GD-liquid-stuff ... which indeed has become a serious matter around here for a while ... rhuoomm ... might have turned out to have become epidemic by now .... huomm ... all the others who joined into that are not present since days ... huom ... anyway, stay calm, don't move, take a rest and try to doze or even sleep a bit, or take a nap, whatever you want .... rhuomm ... meanwhile I'll have a look downstairs and try to protcet the "Prancing Pony" from any harm from downstairs ... rhuoomm ... that is the trap-door just behind the bar, that is ...huommm ... might become just a bit uncomfortable for an Ent down there ... huoommm ... I hope it's not flooded yet ....though it's just courage that one needs .... huomm ....

#3834 Sat, Jan4 2014 4:27pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoommm ... "for days" that is, not "since" ... huom ... I cannot correct that from downstairs ... alas ... huom

#3835 Sat, Jan4 2014 4:29pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

If you want courage down there, try some of that d****d Golden Dwarf stuff - no, even better, drink all of it. Or if you can't manage that, dig a hole and bury it. I never want to see it again. And now I shall take your advice and go and lie down. Tell Nob he's in charge (though that's really a bit of a contradiction in terms...).

#3836 Sat, Jan4 2014 4:56pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huommm ... that's fine, meladies and gentlemen, leaving me alone somewhere downstairs protecting the Pony from below a hidden and closed trap-door, having to dig a hole and bury that d****d GD stuff, which I never tasted, deep ... huomm ... yer know how risky it is to dig too deep? ... huom ... I'm panicked ... how to do all that at once, immediately and in a moment ... and who's going to tell Nob that he's in charge of the Pony? ... hom ...The Man in the Dark can't, as he's well asleep again ....
huoommm ... ouch, narrow place that is here ... huommm ... though ...

#3837 Sat, Jan4 2014 5:26pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I can hear you moaning even up here in my bedroom....

#3838 Sat, Jan4 2014 7:08pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huommm ... sorry about that me lad ... huom ... so, too much  talkative I'm again, and so I better be quiet ... huomm ... foes might be listening ... huom ... and I better give up digging deeper  downstairs .... huommm ... before I get onto someone's nerves that is .... huomm ... right you are, Master Bar ... indeed ´, so hush now ... huoommm ...

#3839 Sun, Jan5 2014 8:46pm

erchamion
Adventurer

I don´t understand what problem you have if you dig deep. I'm usually comfortable underground ..... wink

On the other hand, dear friends, to wish you all a happy night. That the Three Wse Men will leave many gifts (if they pass through your homes). I also like to make several ´King´s Cake` orders to invite all of you to breakfast. Barli, can we have some of this tomorrow? big_smile

Click to close

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#3840 Sun, Jan5 2014 10:53pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huooommm ... ah, Master Erchamion a very good idea that is indeed, that's why I came back here quickly ... huommm ... Looks very nice indeed ... huom ... and I hope that the Three Wise Men don't forget to leave some nice gifts in your vault .... rhuûommm ....

#3841 Thu, Jan9 2014 6:31pm

erchamion
Adventurer

Is there anyone? Barli, Nob ..... a beer, please!

Did you see the pictures that have appeared in the PA's facebook? Really very cool .....

http://www.coolminiornot.com/348196?browseid=7781710

The author seems to be a "distant cousin of mine," such a "Dead Marsh spectre".....tonguelol
An excellent Smaug´s version. An artist! smile

Last edited by erchamion (Thu, Jan9 2014 6:32pm)

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#3842 Thu, Jan9 2014 7:39pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Very nice. Shame the one comment is by someone who doesn't much like the actual Mithril figure!

The base looks a bit like your "King's Cake"...

#3843 Thu, Jan9 2014 9:37pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoommm ... look at Smaug's  mouth and the colours ... huomm ... rhuomm ... having had too much of scrumpy I guess ... huom poor Smaug ... huom ... just as he decided to fly away and escape from the mess he lay in before, his stomach turns and ... err, well ... you know ... huommm ... mind what's coming out of his mouth ... rhuoommm ... that poor dragon simply is sick .... huom ... that's what I'd say ... huoôm ....

#3844 Thu, Jan9 2014 10:24pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

I also saw those great pictures. Great painting work ! His tongue was swollen and become blue.... scrumpy may be only one of the causes.... the following reason of blue tongue can be, devouring of "blue blood" dwarf prince !

#3845 Thu, Jan9 2014 10:26pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

...and yes please master innkeeper one "Golden dwarf" cocktail.... looks like it could fit with the taste of that cake from above photo.... roll

#3846 Fri, Jan10 2014 2:11pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoommm ... Master Thingol, I'm afraid the Prancing Pony is out of "Golden Dwarf Cocktail", as our dear barkeep asked me to bury it deep some days ago ... huoommm ... so I did as I was told ... rhuooommm ... and deep I dug ... huom ... so, don't be surprised facing a blue-tongued Balrog one day ... rhuom ...

#3847 Fri, Jan10 2014 2:13pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Hi everyone. I will have a good and nice pint of bitter please.

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#3848 Sat, Jan11 2014 8:28am

hsf62
Master Caster

Master Milo I'll join you! Cheers! tongue

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#3849 Sat, Jan11 2014 11:10am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoommm ... a heavy and a wee dram for me ,please Master Barliman .... rhuomm ... just to join for fun ... hom

#3850 Sat, Jan11 2014 11:17am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Sun's not over the yardarm yet, gents. I'll get your drinks when it is.

Board footer