Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#176 Sun, Jul31 2011 4:39pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Re: THE TAPROOM 2

As for the menus, I wouldn't have thought you'd approve of paper, Master Tree! And I can't use vellum (it would offend the veggies and vegans), hence my letting the dribbles on the tablecloth tell the story. It's always worked till now. I suppose the problem for you is that you're too tall to see the blotches clearly, and you ca't bend down to take a closer look.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#177 Sun, Jul31 2011 4:59pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommm ... thank you very much, Master Barliman ... so paper? ... no vellum? ... okidoki ... I do understand your concerns about veggies and vegans very well as you always have to consider running your premises well ... huoommm ... as for me size ... well, problem was that I was outside the Pony when I lately uttered my concerns ... rhuoommm ... the problem was that them d****d clouds were below my bottom part of the face .... rhuoommm ... know what I mean? ... huom ...

#178 Sun, Jul31 2011 9:29pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

.... knock... knock... knock... one cold beer please... Is there anybody in there smile Just nod if you can hear me... Is there anyone home.... in inn.... etc.... knock.. knock... knock...

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#179 Sun, Jul31 2011 10:26pm

twrich
The Man in the Dark

A voice from a dark corner says: "Pink Floyd, very nice . . . . my favorites of all time!"

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#180 Mon, Aug1 2011 12:13am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommm ... no, must be the wise doorkeeper from Shakespeare's MacBeth ... after three times of knocking at the door he says "Who's there ...?" best part of the drama ... huoomm

#181 Mon, Aug1 2011 6:47am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I';m here now --- but where has everybody gone? I can just about see the Raner amidst a pall of tobacco smoke and shadow, but otherwise the place is empty.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#182 Mon, Aug1 2011 8:37am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Hi Barliman,

Where is my brekfast ? You know I come here every Morning to eat 3rd breakfast. Please, tell Nob I just arrived.

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#183 Mon, Aug1 2011 8:40am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

I'd like two eggs with my ham too.... and..."fried not poached, and mind you don't break 'em."

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#184 Mon, Aug1 2011 9:05am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I remember someone else who likes them that way. Tall chap in grey, long pointy beard...

#185 Mon, Aug1 2011 10:12am

hsf62
Master Caster

Did this chap changed his taste, after he became white? roll

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#186 Mon, Aug1 2011 12:59pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

He didn't eat as much wholegrain, that's for sure.

#187 Mon, Aug1 2011 1:03pm

hsf62
Master Caster

lol

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#188 Tue, Aug2 2011 10:24am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Master Barliman,

Please provide any kind of drink & food today to fellows for free ! tongue
I won my first MS suggestion and wanty to celebrate it with everyone.  coollolbig_smilesmile

Don't worry, tomorrow morning ,you can show me the bill and I will pay you. wink

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#189 Tue, Aug2 2011 10:51am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

If you don't, I'll send Nob round to break your kneecaps (that's as high as he can reach).

#190 Tue, Aug2 2011 11:18am

jdbrown55
Marshal of the Mark

Congrats to you Milo for the win!

Where is my drink? I don't have all day!wink

These are indeed strange days, dreams and legends spring to life out of the grass! - Eomer

#191 Tue, Aug2 2011 11:25am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

.... a well-done steak, a pile of chips, and cold beer. On Milo's account ! Thanks.... and toast to Milo's victory...

Last edited by Thingol (Tue, Aug2 2011 11:26am)

#192 Tue, Aug2 2011 11:51am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoooooooommmm ... yes, a toast to the winner ... huomm ... cheers

#193 Tue, Aug2 2011 12:16pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

And it should make an excellent figure. I'm looking forward to it very much.

#194 Tue, Aug2 2011 12:22pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

I need some refreshment....

the answers from Michael on the official board put me into blank hot rage.... trying to calm down... but the tone used is really insulting for me

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#195 Tue, Aug2 2011 2:52pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

I read his comment. His sentences are cold and completely without emotion. Like a true PR in police department... roll

#196 Tue, Aug2 2011 3:30pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well the only good news I have ... is that the christmas gift for 2011 is already on chris workbench...
as well as beregond and the troll of gorgoroth...

#197 Tue, Aug2 2011 4:23pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

That is good news. These things happen far faaster than they used to! I wonder what approach The Man has taken to this combo?

As for the "Official Response" from Micheal, don't let it worry you, Master Gildor. I get the impression that he's not an ideal People Person, and sometimes lacks the tact that would be useful for someone who has to deal with customers. But his response was probably not intended to be as blunt as it came out. Your message probably just caught him at a bad moment.

#198 Tue, Aug2 2011 6:09pm

Arthadan
Traveller

Cheers, Master Milo! (by the way, did you recieve my e-mail?).

Master Elf, Michael's answer is just another proof of how ill-managed is Mithril. No marketing, no fresh ideas, no tact dealing with customers... and then they are surprised about sales!

To mortal fields say farewell,
Middle-earth forsaking!
In Elvenhome a clear bell
in the high tower is shaking.

#199 Tue, Aug2 2011 6:52pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

got an email of explanation from Michael... no apology but explanation and master Barliman is definlity gifted with impressive insight, that's quite what happened...

still as Arthadan quotes, that shows there are severe dysfunctionning problems at mithril... political problems... but I suppose we should let them come.... and we'll see

#200 Tue, Aug2 2011 7:01pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huoommmm ... a well-filled bowl for our Ent, please, Master Barliman ...
rhuoomm ... I could easily understand his anger ... huom ... see, it's something different if a certain barkeep in the Pony reacts to some weird queries of the fellers around here,  .... huom ... or if an answer is posted more publically by a person whose job it is to hide his "bad moments" behind some basic politeness ... rhuoommmm ... there are differences, meseems ...

Board footer