Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 Thu, Nov16 2017 9:17pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Re: THE TAPROOM 4

He's the first 32mm Imrahil on foot, though.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#27 Thu, Nov16 2017 9:29pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Barliman wrote:

He's the first 32mm Imrahil on foot, though.

True, I must make sure I get the order in early enough to grab a primed one wink

#28 Thu, Nov16 2017 9:34pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Ditto.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#29 Sun, Nov19 2017 4:44pm

erchamion
Adventurer

Cleaning in the Prancing Pony and same faces in it. Cheers for it! Is there anything left of that old Cardolonian brandy with rat tail? I hope the cleaning does not affect the number of rats much. Their tails are important in drinking! big_smile

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#30 Sun, Nov19 2017 5:33pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

They are indeed. However, I usded the brandy to clean the stains off everything, so I don't have any at the moment. Do you want to lick the work-surface of the bar? It certainly smeels of the stuff.

#31 Tue, Nov21 2017 10:08pm

mindx2
Collector

My the inn now seems to have so much more room!

#32 Tue, Nov21 2017 10:14pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

That's because the furniture hasn't arrived yet.

#33 Wed, Nov22 2017 11:06am

erchamion
Adventurer

800 posts and some free time. Good time for a drink! big_smile

What style of furniture have you chosen, Master Barli? Are they Art Déco type?

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#34 Wed, Nov22 2017 11:56pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoom ... 800 is quite a bit, Master Erchamion ... rhûom ... well, the furniture ... huom ... I really don't know or care about that ... I like my place here, standing at the bar ... huoooommm

#35 Thu, Nov23 2017 8:12am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Ah, yes - you're "not very bendable". I'd forgotten about that.

#36 Mon, Nov27 2017 6:07pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well , gentlmen, master innkeeper I'd like a pint  if you don't mind smile 

about some news then, I wrote some threads on the official board expressing my concerns about last MZ releases. Please if you share my fears, disapointment and concern, it would be great to add you voice to it as many as possible (to confirm, or contradict my sayings, no problem) but since Michael is now our only link between the community and Mithril without hope of having the man taking those points into account, we have to express our feelings maybe more openly...

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#37 Tue, Nov28 2017 6:55am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Thanks for the drink, Master Ent! Barli, I think I have found a suitable Dark Corner. Couldyou please send Nob over with a pint of ale to go with my pipe!lollollol

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#38 Tue, Nov28 2017 9:19am

Maenas
Traveller

I will join Master Twrich... somebody else around? maybe even for a second hobbit breakfast?

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#39 Tue, Nov28 2017 10:05am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Sorry, slight crisis here at the Pony at the moment, so you'll have to serve yourselves for a day or two.

#40 Wed, Nov29 2017 5:23am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Hopefully its nothing too serious. I'll leave some coin in the till for my drinks and try to keep keep Nob busy looking after the patrons.

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#41 Fri, Dec8 2017 12:08am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huooomm ... a day or two have been gone by now ... grhûom ... me tree becomes a bit worried .... homhuuomm?

#42 Fri, Dec8 2017 3:53am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Worry not. Crisis has passed. Everything is back to what passes for "mormal" here in Bree.

#43 Fri, Dec8 2017 8:53am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

... good to know ... huooooommm ... er, my bowl's empty, so could you please ? ... you know, Master Barkeep ... huoom

#44 Fri, Dec8 2017 9:16am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

My attention having been distracted, it's just dawning on me that the Yule-time festival is approaching rapidly, and I haven't done a thing about decorations and trees and suchlike. Since he's the tallest one here, I'm sure I can persuade Master Theobald to hang decorations from  the rafters (it's either that or I use him as a ladder...) while I get some liquid for his empty bowl.

#45 Fri, Dec8 2017 12:33pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

grruh-hommm ... a ladder ... me? huoomm ... never again ... you have to admit that you are just looking for a chance to hang all that tinsel-things around my branches and twigs once again ... huoom ... no, Master Barliman ... but of course I can hang the decorations at the rafters ... huom ... and we should not forget those nice candles ... homtidomm

#46 Fri, Dec8 2017 12:37pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Candles? Near dry, old (with apologies) wood? Rather you than me....

#47 Sat, Dec9 2017 2:21pm

mindx2
Collector

Glad to see some familiar faces at the Inn. It was starting to feel quite empty and I feared Master Barliman's business might suffer! I hope & pray all my friends across the Great Pond are doing well and hopefully looking forward to the holiday season.

#48 Sat, Dec9 2017 3:51pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoomm ... Master Barliman, what about lifting up Nob to light the candles at the rafters, I could do that easily ... huomm ... I'm deeply impressed that you worry about my dry old wood ... rhûom ... in some decades wood tends to become dry when it is cut off from watery-things ... huomm ... that clear-clean-non-sparkeling-honey-coloured-watery-liquid as you know ... huooommm ... so what about my empty bowl now? ...

alas, Master Mindextwo, good to see you around here ... huoomm ... be sure that Master Barliman's business has never suffered much as far as I know, that's why he is able to be on holiday that often... huom ... thanks for your wishes, Master Mindextwo, but you know that there are no holidays for trees, especially not  this time in a year (especially for them conifers) ... grûomhuom

#49 Sat, Dec9 2017 3:58pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Theobald wrote:

he is able to be on holiday that often... huom ...

Cheek!

#50 Sat, Dec9 2017 4:41pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoommm ... alright that is Master Barliman.... grrruuuômhUUOomm ... but I am slightly displeased as I received that Galadriel-so-called-mini-vignette yesterday ... huomm ... please never ever place it next to the old M136 with its table ... as then you might see major differences in size and quality ... huomm ... that lady seems to be shrinking along with her mirror-table ...huoomm ... I am a bit annoyed about this ... rhuôm ... and dare to be in public ... hom

Board footer