Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Tue, Oct1 2019 8:18pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Trophée Mithril Maniac

English version
On May 16 and 17, 2020, the next Western Open of the figurine will be held in Couëron, next to Nantes, France. This event is organized jointly by the Knights of the Centaur and the Pictaves Lancers.
https://www.chevaliers-du-centaure.org/?Accueil
On this occasion, will be reborn Mithril Trophy Maniac, competition of painted figurines. I wish to pay tribute to my friend Jacques-Philippe Leroux who passed away this spring. I will exhibit in a showcase, his collection of painted Mithril figurines.
I hope this initiative will find favor with the community.
Mithrilement.

Fabrice JACOB alias Mormegil

Version française
Les 16 et 17 mai 2020,  aura lieu le prochain Open de l’Ouest de la figurine à Couëron, à côté de Nantes, France. Cet évènement est organisé conjointement par les Chevaliers du Centaure et Les Lanciers Pictaves.
https://www.chevaliers-du-centaure.org/?Accueil
A cette occasion, renaîtra le Trophée Mithril Maniac,  concours de figurines peintes.  Je souhaite ainsi rendre hommage à mon ami Jacques-Philippe Leroux décédé ce printemps. J’y exposerai dans une vitrine, sa collection de figurines Mithril peintes.
J’espère que cette initiative trouvera un écho favorable auprès de la communauté.
Mithrilement.

#2 Wed, Oct2 2019 6:48am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Re: Trophée Mithril Maniac

This sounds great.. thanks for this informations.... I will follow this for sure.. but I have one opstacle.... I was in Nantes last year and year before, but I'm not sure if we'll have low cost flights to Nantes again next year.... Regular tickets are to expensive for me...

Last edited by Thingol (Tue, Oct8 2019 9:42pm)

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#3 Thu, Oct3 2019 9:44am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Bonjour Fabrice,

Merci pour l'information. Si je peux con,tribuer à cet événément, je serai enchanté.

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#4 Thu, Oct10 2019 9:39am

Maenas
Traveller

Bon jour Fabrice!

Welcome aboard and thank you for registering into this forum and sharing that interesting information.

Mithril trophy maniac sounds very good smile

Keep us informed on that event, please!

PS: I'm From Barcelona so I'm barely 2h away from Nantes by plain (on the other hand a city I would love to go someday...)

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#5 Mon, Oct14 2019 7:40pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Voici le règlement du prochain Trophée Mithril Maniac.
L'objectif affiché est de rassembler le maximum de figurines peintes lors de ce week-end. Aussi, j'invite tous les collectionneurs et peintres de figurines Mithril à me rejoindre lors de cet Open de l'Ouest de la figurine.

Figurine seule ou plusieurs, diorama, mais ne dépassant pas 150 cm², nous sommes quand même limité par la place. Le choix de votre saynète devra également être expliqué par un petit texte.

Prince August France se joint à nous pour doter le Trophée Mithril Maniac. Le vainqueur et/ou mon coup de cœur recevra une figurine peinte par moi, dont je vous donnerai des wip régulièrement. Le jury sera composé de trois personnes, tous d'éminents experts peintres des figurines Mithril.
N'hésitez pas à me poser des questions si ce post ne vous a pas totalement convaincu ou si vous souhaitez de plus amples informations.
A vos pinceaux, messieurs !
Mormegil

English version

Here is the settlement of the next Mithril Maniac Trophy.
The stated goal is to gather as many figurines as possible this weekend. Also, I invite all collectors and painters of Mithril figurines to join me at this Western Open of the figurine.

Figure alone or several, diorama, but not exceeding 150 cm2, we are still limited by the place. The choice of your sketch will also have to be explained by a small text.

Prince August France joins us in donating the Mithril Maniac Trophy. The winner and/or my favorite will receive a figurine painted by me, which I will give you wip regularly. The jury will consist of three people, all eminent expert painters of Mithril figurines.
Don't hesitate to ask me questions if this post has not totally convinced you or if you would like more information.
To your brushes, gentlemen!
Mormegil

#6 Tue, Oct15 2019 2:50pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Je souhaite ici réparer plusieurs oublis, celui des remerciements à Gildor pour ses encouragements et celui à Milo, pour m'avoir proposé son aide à l'organisation du Trophée Mithril Maniac. Je n'oublie pas non plus Thingol !

Le choix de la figurine que je vais peindre est une évidence pour moi. Il est lié à l'histoire associative (création de l'association Myth'Image de loi 1901,dédiée aux œuvres de JRR Tolkien et aux figurines Mithril)   vécue avec Jacques-Philippe Leroux au cours des années 90. La poste avait encore le monopole sur le courrier et les messages électroniques n'étaient qu'à leurs balbutiements… la préhistoire quoi big_smile. Quelle chance aujourd'hui de pouvoir converser avec quelqu'un situé à l'autre bout du monde ou de la France en un simple click.

La figurine ? La M 113, mais Aragorn, seul pour l'instant, je ne sais pas encore si je lui joindrai Frodon.

English version

I would like to make amends here, that of the thanks to Gildor for his encouragement and that to Milo, for having offered me his help in organizing the Mithril Maniac Trophy. I don't forget Thingol either!

The choice of the figurine I am going to paint is a no-brainer for me. It is linked to the associative history (creation of the association Myth'Image of Law 1901 French specificity, dedicated to the works of JRR Tolkien and mithril figurines) lived with Jacques-Philippe Leroux in the during the 1990s. The post office still had a monopoly on mail and e-mail messages were still in their infancy... prehistory what big_smile. What a chance today to be able to converse with someone on the other side of the world or france at the click of a button.

The figurine? The M 113, but Aragorn, alone for now, I do not know yet if I will join Frodo.

#7 Mon, Oct21 2019 3:26pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Voila c'est parti, mon  wip  est visible dans la rubrique The Art Gallery of Mayor Samwise.

http://mmp.faerylands.eu/viewforum.php?id=9

English version

Voilà c'est parti, mon article est visible dans la rubrique La galerie d'art du maire Samwise.

#8 Sun, Nov17 2019 7:55pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

This weekend, I was in Lorient, Brittany. Coincidence of the calendar, there was an exhibition of the model and the figurine. I went there and found old friends in Mithril Maniac's time. I post here a photo of a diorama of Dominique P, former member of MM. There were very beautiful achievements. Of course, I did some advertising for the MM Trophy wink

Click to close

#9 Sun, Nov24 2019 2:10pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Bonjour La Compagnie !
Voici quelques news sur le trophée Mithril Maniac.
Il est maintenant bien lancé auprès des clubs et associations de figurinistes et j'ai quelques bons retours de peintres venant de Bretagne bien sûr, Nantes assurément, de la région toulousaine mais aussi de Paris. Certaines figurines où dioramas sont déjà en cours de réalisation. D'anciens projets  refont surface avec le Trophée Mithril Maniac. Un ancien membre de Myth'Image  a plébiscité l'idée du TMM, Toulouse – Nantes étant bien desservie par l’autoroute, il nous rejoindra les 16 et 17 mai sur Nantes /Couëron avec ses réalisations.
De mon côté, je progresse lentement sur la M 113, mais je reprends goût à la peinture, c'est bon signe. Durant les vacances de Noël, j'espère pouvoir avancé plus amplement sur mon projet et pouvoir vous donner des photos de la figurine presque terminée.
Bien à vous.
Fabrice JACOB
PS : mon anglais étant plus que pauvre, Google traduction est une des solutions que j'ai trouvées pour vous faire  partager mes pensées. Veuillez bien excuser les erreurs de traduction du robot. Cela traduit plutôt mon incapacité à prendre réellement en compte, lorsque j’étais à l'école, la nécessité de bien maîtriser une seconde langue pour se faire comprendre à travers le monde.

English version

Hello The Company!
Here are some news on the Mithril Maniac Trophy.
It is now well launched with clubs and figurine associations and I have some good feedback from painters from Brittany, of course, Nantes, of course, from the Toulouse region but also from Paris. Some figurines where dioramas are already in progress. Old projects are resurfacing with the Mithril Maniac Trophy. A former member of Myth'Image has praised the idea of ​​TMM, Toulouse - Nantes being well served by the highway, he will join us on May 16 and 17 on Nantes / Couëron with his achievements.
For my part, I progress slowly on the M 113, but I resumed the taste of painting, it's a good sign. During the Christmas holidays, I hope to be able to advance more fully on my project and to be able to give you photos of the almost completed figurine.
Yours truly.
Fabrice JACOB
PS: my English is more than poor, Google translation is one of the solutions I found to share my thoughts. Please excuse the translation errors of the robot. It rather reflects my inability to really take into account when I was in school, the need to master a second language in order to be understood throughout the world.

#10 Mon, Nov25 2019 8:27am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

It will be no flights to Nantes from my place till 04th of June :-/

#11 Mon, Nov25 2019 2:03pm

Maenas
Traveller

Thingol wrote:

It will be no flights to Nantes from my place till 04th of June :-/

:'(

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#12 Thu, Jan23 2020 7:42pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Best wishes to you all.
News from Nantes. If you wish to attend the Trophée Mithril on May 16 and 17, 2020 in Couëron, you can book a hotel room at the Mercure - Zénith Nantes Saint-Herblain ZAC Armor, Espl. Ella Fitzgerald, 44800 Saint-Herblain • 02 72 01 00 00.
The Knights of the Centaur, the organizing club of "L' Open de l'Ouest de la figurine", have negotiated a rate of around € 55 per night. You must give the name of the treasurer of the club, Serge Morrisse and especially, not to pay at the reservation but during the stay.
I hope to count many of you among us for this event.
Mithrilement
Fabrice JACOB

#13 Fri, Jan24 2020 9:54am

hsf62
Master Caster

Nice to have you back Master Fabrice JACOB!
Thanks for the info!cool

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#14 Fri, Jan24 2020 9:57am

hsf62
Master Caster

How is the M113 going? No pictures so far.hmm

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#15 Sat, Jan25 2020 9:01pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Thank you hf62,
not easy to take a meaningful photo of the M 113, I don't have a high-performance digital camera. Not easy to paint the face of Aragorn, the sculpture is not top. Still 1 to 2 hours to spend on the figurine, but my project is progressing well, I'm still on schedule. I can now focus on the decor.
Click to close

#16 Sun, Jan26 2020 3:44pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Impressive Master Fabrice JACOB!
I always admire people who can paint like you.
I rather convert minis, or keep building houses and furniture. Thats what I'm good at!cool

#17 Mon, Jan27 2020 7:52pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Thank hsf62,
I took great pleasure in painting this figurine, trying to apply the same color scheme as that painted by Jacques, almost 30 years ago now. I wanted to reproduce his technique of oil painting and I hope you will like the result. Again, in the absence of a quality digital camera, I can't show you anything realistic.
Now, I will try to make a nice little decor to place Aragorn there.
The place? The Prancing Pony ! Aragorn awaits the arrival of Frodo and consort ... Barliman ? He sat in a discreet corner, well away from adventurers and other spies. He flees the tumult inherent in this type of place ...

#18 Mon, Jan27 2020 8:05pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Thank hsf62,
I took great pleasure in painting this figurine, trying to apply the same color scheme as that painted by Jacques, almost 30 years ago now. I wanted to reproduce his technique of oil painting and I hope you will like the result. Again, in the absence of a quality digital camera, I can't show you anything realistic.
Now, I will try to make a nice little decor to place Aragorn there.
The place? The Prancing Pony ! Aragorn awaits the arrival of Frodo and consort ... Barliman ? He sat in a discreet corner, well away from adventurers and other spies. He flees the tumult inherent in this type of place ...

#19 Sun, Feb2 2020 8:16pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

#20 Wed, Feb12 2020 9:07pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

On TV tonight "The lord of the rings" big_smile

Click to close

#21 Thu, Feb13 2020 6:49am

hsf62
Master Caster

Who wants to watch it on tv if you got the extended version and can watch the lot without advertisements. hmmtonguecool

#22 Thu, Feb13 2020 8:35am

Mornedhel
Traveller

Wait the Amazon serie which will stick to the books context  (simarillon, unfinished tales..) and at least with Tolkien family review

#23 Fri, Feb14 2020 7:53am

imisel
Collector

coolcoolcool

Ilsa:A franc for your thoughts.
Rick: In America they'd bring only a penny, and, huh, I guess that's about all they're worth.

CASABLANCA (1942)

#24 Fri, Feb14 2020 9:17pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Fabrice JACOB wrote:

On TV tonight "The lord of the rings" big_smile

Click to close

I hope he watched extended edition big_smile

#25 Wed, Feb19 2020 2:23pm

Fabrice JACOB
Adventurer

Hi everybody,

News from Nantes :

https://chevaliers-du-centaure.org/web/ … hematiques

In less than three months now ...Not too late yet to organize your visit ! cool

Board footer