Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#101 Fri, Jun18 2021 7:51pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Re: THE TAPROOM 5

I imagine that many of us have had other priorities to worry about in these difficult times. Hopefully things will improve soon.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#102 Fri, Jun18 2021 10:53pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

dont worry master wrich, I suppose the "Green Dragon Inn" should open soon smile provided master Barliman is ok to move his job smile

work is advancing slowly but safely on the new site, and well soon the forum should open over there I hope smile

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#103 Sat, Jun19 2021 7:05am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I've got to MOVE? But...but...but...all my treasures are buried in the basements HERE! I'll never get everything dug up in time to shift it, whenever the move is. We'd better go and start now.
NOB? - TO THE CELLARS, AND START DIGGING!!

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#104 Sat, Jun19 2021 7:49am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Dust..dusty...and dust again.... the bar is full of dust. Finally someone stopped for a drink at the inn. I was desperate. It was too quiet ... cheers guys... NOB is still not here, but I have my water bottle just to "kill time" until someone comes into the inn.... I must look better around the dark corners... Maybe Master Twitch is in some of them....

Last edited by Thingol (Sat, Jun19 2021 7:50am)

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#105 Sat, Jun19 2021 10:59am

Nob
The in(n)famous Keeper

Hey boss, I have charged Bob to take care of the move already with the poneys and horses....  logistics are happening in order don't stress . Plenty of time left smile

#106 Sat, Jun19 2021 12:21pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I suspect you're just trying to get out of digging. Very well. I'll just have to go and start the job on my own. You'll have to take over serving duties up here. I've put some boxes behind the bar so that ypu can see the customers!

#107 Sat, Jun19 2021 1:34pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huuOômmmm ... I can't move ... rhuom

#108 Sat, Jun19 2021 2:28pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

You're a walking tree......of course you can move!

#109 Sat, Jun19 2021 3:16pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Tom's post certainly got the inhabitants out of their slumber smile. Still here, until it closes down and The Green Dragon' opens its doors, I hope the staff are kept on as they have done a good job so far wink

#110 Sun, Jun20 2021 9:57am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoomm ... what is this green-dragon-thing? ... huom ... do we now have to re-write parts of Master Tolkien's writings (I wouldn't dare) and re-name one of the most beautiful Mithril ranges as well? ... rrrhu°Om ??? ... that doesn't make much sense to me ... alas ...

#111 Sun, Jun20 2021 10:34am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

The "Green Dragon Inn" master ent is one of the most famous inn in hobbitown, near "The Water", in the Shire. It was ransacked during the time of Sharkey and the four hobbit heroes restored it afterwards.

It is also at the doorsign of this inn that Bilbo ran breathless just when the Dwarves were leaving, to finally accept the contract offered to him by Thorin & Co... thus beginning this epic adventure.

(and also in anticipation of a forthcoming vignette depicting this scene... but I did not say a word...)

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#112 Sun, Jun20 2021 2:14pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Aha, a secret vignette — tell us more!

#113 Sun, Jun20 2021 8:48pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

nothing to do with Mithril, I can say smile

and I don't know when it will come to life i only have an early unfinished 3D concept art  which I can't share yet hmm but maybe I can describe ?

a signpost with a dragon.... a dwarf on poney extending hand toward an arriving hobbit, another dwarf putting stuff on another poney, and a hobbit running towards them brandishing a paper in his hand....

#114 Sun, Jun20 2021 9:41pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

rhuoohûm ... so Pheaton-Design ... it might be .... hmmmm ... but why re-name this old Prancing Pony for that? ... hU°uomm ... anyway, you're the Elf, Master Gildor, so ... do as you like ... huom ... I'm just some Ent and will stay here to the end ... homm ... if I'm lucky I might find some of them coiny things downstairs below the trap-door behind the bar ... I'm sure Master Barliman forgot some treasures down there, as his memory is like a lumber-room, as people in Bree use to say ... hOommm ... before I, of course, saved those very nice though bity and smelling doormats ... huom ... they're mine and still in good shape and awful to look at ... hommm ....

#115 Mon, Jun21 2021 9:58am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

I dont intend to erase  or rename the prancing poney at all smile I just intented to create another one which is the green dragon inn...

Now more seriously,of course if MMP folks are not happy with that at all and insist on keeping the prancing poney "version x" I will do so as I would not go against MMP community
(that's why I ususally organize polls)

I am sorry if I upset you Dieter...

#116 Tue, Jun22 2021 9:24am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Oh, no harm taken Master Gildor ... huooommm  .... I did not feel upset at all .... rhûom ... thanks a lot ... huom

#117 Fri, Jun25 2021 12:35pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Our dear master Milo informed me today that he was currently the dark... adventuring near Cirith Ungol and certainly facing Mordor threats... He will contact us again when he sees the light again.

Let's hope he finds it soon

#118 Fri, Jun25 2021 1:35pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Sounds ominous.

#119 Wed, Jun30 2021 8:49pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Gentlemen I am looking for something I have lost on this forum.... a picture...

Not so long ago I saw posts from one of you with old catalogs or flyers, among them there was a page with an announcement for the "forthcoming" MW346 and 347 (which were never produced) but we could clearly see on the page, a drawing of a dwarf and another of an half-orc... I am trying to retrieve this page but it eludes me. if someone could tell me where it is? or better send me a good pic of it, I'd like to extract the drawing of the half orc to use as a "main pic" for the new database for mw346 entry

#120 Thu, Jul1 2021 12:51pm

Gerold
Adventurer

Master Elf

do you mean this?
Click to close

#121 Thu, Jul1 2021 2:54pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

precisely!  could you send me in email a high resolution copy of this one please?

thank you so much

#122 Thu, Jul1 2021 3:24pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Gildor Inglorion wrote:

precisely!  could you send me in email a high resolution copy of this one please?

thank you so much

I would like to have one copy of this page too..... please...

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#123 Thu, Jul8 2021 5:33am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Gerold, I would as well, if you would be so kind.

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#124 Sat, Aug14 2021 10:30pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huuÒmrh... mmm ... Master Barliman, is there still a chance to have me tiny bowl being filled and topped up again ... rhûom ... I don't mind the dust in it as I didn't find the time time to clean up these very-nice-pony-premises for quite some time ... huom ... yes, lazy I was a bit .... rhrú -homm ... hom ... I just do hope that them rat-tails in the liquid are still ... er ... you know what ... grûom ... I dared to rub and scrub them angry doormats once again, but rolled them up just to keep them clean behind in the backyard in ... alas ... I just forgot, sorry .... hmmmm ... it's just me ... er, the tree, if you remember me ...

#125 Sun, Aug15 2021 7:33am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Master Tree! It's so nice to see you again - I thought you might have abandoned the Pony, for pastures new, so to speak. But then, it has indeed been so empty here of late that I thought you might have simply ducked your head through the door and I'd not noticed you. There certainly haven't been many visitors, of late, largely because of Covid perhaps (it's so difficult to drink through a mask - believe me, I've tried, repeatedly).

One brimming bowl of nectar fluid coming right up (perhaps I shouldn't have drunk it so fast....).

Board footer