You are not logged in.

Announcement

#101 Tue, Nov24 2015 7:52pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Re: my work by: orc

ddaines wrote:

Great work there. very atmospheric with the background used.

What kind of background is this.... some kind of paper or a photomontage... !?!?

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#102 Tue, Nov24 2015 9:46pm

orc
Adventurer

Thanks for your comments Guys!! wink I was one or two years looking in this forum...from the shadows ("growing in strengh"big_smile) enjoying your works...so.... I'm very happy to be here and share with all of you my Mithril's project!
Now my Mithril Project is focus on Angmarian Evil forces...but I have some good forces ready to paint too....

Master Thingol, is only a Paper big_smilebig_smilebig_smile.. here you have a place to donwload the backgroudns!!!

http://corvusminiatures.blogspot.com/20 … ature.html

Click to close

#103 Wed, Nov25 2015 4:18pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Thanks Master Orc... I will take few of those backgrounds ;-)

#104 Sun, Dec6 2015 10:57am

orc
Adventurer

Hi Guys!! here more Orcs and one half troll......

Click to close
Click to close
Click to close

Last edited by orc (Sun, Dec6 2015 11:00am)

Click to close

#105 Sun, Dec6 2015 11:43am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Another very nice paint job. Love the shields.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#106 Sun, Dec6 2015 12:47pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Wahou, this is just fantastic conversions colors, painting on shields. I also think background for pictures highlights in a better way your work.
Great, really great:cool:

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#107 Sun, Dec6 2015 2:16pm

shadyt
Traveller

Great work as usual! I really like the troll.

#108 Mon, Dec7 2015 2:10pm

Gerold
Adventurer

Very nice models and conversions, I like them!
What colors did you use for the grey-blue skin ? I tried a few times to get that color, but never reached the result I wanted.
And what figure did you use for the figure in front, with sword and shield ?

#109 Mon, Dec7 2015 5:59pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Love your stuff Orc, really has a nice overall look to it wink

#110 Mon, Dec7 2015 11:38pm

orc
Adventurer

Nice read your comments, always are wellcome!!

Barliman: I get the idea from internet, here some designs!
Click to close
Milo: Thanks for your kind words! Master Theobald was right...."these magic trees always has reason" and the quality of my photos don't was good...I think now are better !smile
Shadyt: Very happy to read you !!!! Thanks...and I want to told you the Troll conversion idea is from you!!!!big_smile
Gerold: I'm using Vallejo paints, here the information by your reference
1) I paint in black all my orcs first
2)German Grey (70995) Base color
3) German Grey and  Intermediate Blue (71113) 50%-50%
4) Wash with Black (80% water)
5) Intermediate Blue
6) Intermediate Blue and White 80%-20% for details

The figure in the front is M150 (Mordor Uruk) conversion with MC129 Head and I modify his left arm position! I hope this help you wink ...and looking to see your minis soon!!!
ddaines: Thanks! Happy to know they like you!!!

I have a lot of work to do ...a lot of orcs pending to paint.... more conversions on the way.....so...this is oly the begining...see you here guys!!!

Last edited by orc (Tue, Dec8 2015 8:15am)

Click to close

#111 Tue, Dec8 2015 8:55am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

orc wrote:

Barliman: I get the idea from internet, here some designs!

Thanks for the info, Sergio - I've found this Internet page now, and shall adjust some of my flags to reflect these varied and original designs.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#112 Tue, Dec8 2015 8:04pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

I really like all your evil forces... how many orcs you have... !?!? Please try to make some photos from different angle so we can clearly see the details of your great painted figures.... perhaps from profile perspective, not bird's eye view.....

#113 Tue, Dec8 2015 11:00pm

Arthadan
Traveller

Looking great.

We need a family picture with all of them!!!

To mortal fields say farewell,
Middle-earth forsaking!
In Elvenhome a clear bell
in the high tower is shaking.

#114 Wed, Dec9 2015 7:43am

orc
Adventurer

My Pleasure Ian!wink I like to use in my army different emblems and banners too....like this image (I love the feel of these picture:D):

Click to close

Thingol: big_smile I will try to take better photos this weekend and like Arthadan say..."a family picture too" !! tongue

Talking about the Orcs:I have now in progress (I hope I can finish to paint the all before the end of February)
10 Snagas
4 Uruk Imps
30 Orcs
7 warg riders
3 wargs

By other side I have in "construction" (doing conversions)about 20 orcs more!!!big_smileo

To fight against my orcs I'm going to use "The Forest People" (New Project 2016)

Miniatures to use:

8 Beornings (Including Beorn)
16 woodman people (including Radagast)
16 mirkwood elves with armour (my idea is use  MM407,MM406 & MM398)
16 Wood elves "hunters" (most of them silvan elves miniatures)
8 Thranduil and his royal guard (

Scenery:

I have in mind, do a small woodman village including some villagers, probably Radagast house too, so the idea is play some scenarios between my two forces.roll

Last edited by orc (Wed, Dec9 2015 2:06pm)

Click to close

#115 Mon, Dec14 2015 5:37am

orc
Adventurer

Good day

I want to profit to talk about my new mithril project "The Forest People" and all ideas and sugestions are welcome!

The main idea is my orcs need some one to fight!!...so after thing carefully this last month, and because Arnor Kingdom is not a chance in this days....I decide finally this guys.

Some ideas to paint this army:

1)Use similar colors (Greens and browns)
2)All their bases will be decorates in "Autumn motifs" (front snow bases of my evil forces).
3)For Beornings and woodman people....I have everything I need in mind....the only concern is ...in what way i'm going to do their houses? like a explain you before....my idea is suport this project...with a small woodman village . The image I want to use as reference is this one:

Click to close

I'm thingking in dark age Eastern Europe houses like a reference... but any idea is welcome!!!

Here the list of miniatures I want to use:

8 beornings (including some in Bear Form)
8 woodman archers
8 woodman fighters
Hunters with some wolfhounds ( I need to some of this nice dogs to use with ours mithril minis)

some woodman civilians, kids, animals....

3) About the mirkwood elves (My favourites in this amry) I want to do a small Thranduil's army with:

King Thranduil and his royal guard (8 minis)
Mirkwood rangers, wood elves with bows and spears (about 16 minis),
Mirkwood guardians, wood elves with armour (16 minis) MM407,MM406,MM398
Cavalry??

I'm going to need some elves shields, any recomentadion? about the sking color, I want to paint them very pale, almost white color! I'm considering to paint on them some tatoos too (specially to the rangers)

My idea is use Mithril miniatures.... Can  I use Lorien elves like Mirkwood elves? I see they have some motives in their cloths...but not sure if this is important!!roll

Last edited by orc (Mon, Dec14 2015 6:22am)

Click to close

#116 Mon, Dec14 2015 7:16am

Milo
The Attic Warden

This is a huge project. I have started a beornr's house project last year( or before?) which maybe should be revived so that we can share techniques and ideas.roll

#117 Mon, Dec14 2015 1:09pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

orc wrote:

I'm going to need some elves shields, any recomentadion? about the sking color, I want to paint them very pale, almost white color! I'm considering to paint on them some tatoos too (specially to the rangers).

Scibor shields include some that I've seen used for Elves, though I personally find them overly fussy and overly detailed, making them a bugger to paint, but you might have more patience than me:

http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?group=155

The shields I've used for my Wood Elves are the ones produced to accompany the old Harlequin / Black Tree LOTR range. These depict a pair pf leaves, and are available in packs of five for just £1.10 (pack ACR49) from Second City Games:

http://www.secondcitygames.co.uk/userim … cart85.htm

Regarding painting Wood Elves I've often been tempted to paint their cloaks in modern mottled green and brown camouflage patterns, but I've never yet done so. I suggest the idea in case you want to consider it!

Last edited by Barliman (Mon, Dec14 2015 1:10pm)

#118 Mon, Dec14 2015 4:11pm

orc
Adventurer

Master Milo: I want to know more about your beorn house... last year I expend a lot of time making scenery ....not sure this year, I prefer buy some Resin constructions and invet my time painting miniatures! but in any case...I want to see Beorn House!big_smile
Thanks Master Barliman!Great recommendations both of them! I will go with scibor to my elves! for the second link I will buy some shields to my orcs too!!! wink

I Have some pending questions:

Can I mixt together Lorien and Mirkwood elves? I see they cloths are differents but not sure about the reason? By other side....any idea about what buldings/cabins to use with my woodman people and radagast?roll

Last edited by orc (Mon, Dec14 2015 4:13pm)

Click to close

#119 Mon, Dec14 2015 4:28pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

orc wrote:

Master Milo: I want to know more about your beorn house... last year I expend a lot of time making scenery ....not sure this year, I prefer buy some Resin constructions and invet my time painting miniatures! but in any case...I want to see Beorn House!big_smile

It is there, in the Art Gallery of Mayor Samwise: http://mmp.faerylands.eu/viewtopic.php?id=675

Last edited by Milo (Mon, Dec14 2015 5:27pm)

#120 Mon, Dec14 2015 6:04pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

orc wrote:

Thanks Master Barliman!Great recommendations both of them! I will go with scibor to my elves! for the second link I will buy some shields to my orcs too!!!

Can I mixt together Lorien and Mirkwood elves?

I thought you might be tempted to buy yourself some of the Orc shields! The larger of them is superb - it's a very impressive size indeed.

Personally I use my Elves for both Lorien and Greenwood the Great ("Mirkwood"). Having two separate armies would simply cost too much. I know that technically they should have different hair colours and to some extent clothing colours, but since most people think all Elves were blonde and wore green and/or grey I haven't let that worry me too much!

#121 Tue, Dec15 2015 2:17am

orc
Adventurer

Master Milo, woaouuuuuu!!!!very nice!!! I will write you to exchange some ideas!!! I want to see this house finish!!tongue
Master Barliman, thanks for your comments and ideas! so....let's go with "all elves together" hehehe

Last weekend I finish 18 new orcs, I paint some shields with "Gundabad" motives:

War is comming!!!!!

Click to close

http://iron-mitten.blogspot.com/2014/03 … signs.html

This web is a source of inspiration to mee!!

Uruk Imps: can be snagas too big_smile

Click to close
Click to close
Click to close

Snagas:

Click to close
Click to close
Click to close

Orcs:

Click to close
Click to close
Click to close

more orcs.....

Click to close
Click to close
Click to close

Last edited by orc (Tue, Dec15 2015 4:37am)

Click to close

#122 Tue, Dec15 2015 6:42am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

It's occurred to me rather late that I should say a word of warning about the old Harlequin /Black Tree Orc shields, which is that the castings are disproportionately thick - about a couple of mm. I've become used to seeing them, and they work well enough with the company's own brutish Orc figures, but they're less well suited to Mithril's finer castings. Pretty much all the other shields in the range are generally on a par with those of other manufacturers - Gripping Beast, for instance. The Elf shield is the finest of them, which is why I had no worries about recommending it. Oddly, the biggest Orc shield in the range isn't quite as disproportionately thick as the smaller ones.

#123 Tue, Dec15 2015 6:53am

Milo
The Attic Warden

These orcs are again impressive conversions. M288 archer with new head is really great for instance.
I also notice improvements on paintings for skin, leather, shields and weapons. It seems the more orc you , the better these are. Be carefull they remain evil forces lol
Wahou.! Again cool

Last edited by Milo (Tue, Dec15 2015 6:53am)

#124 Fri, Dec18 2015 3:29am

orc
Adventurer

Master Barliman: Thanks for your recommendations! wink

I want to show you some other posible shields I was find in internet to use with orcish forces too.
http://www.ralparthaeurope.co.uk/index. … r-releases

The reinforced wood shield is perfect to use with "red eye" troops and also you have some..."whith hand" big_smile very funy!

Master Milo: Thanks again for your comments! probably little boring see always orcs!hmm but I hope I can show you next year different races!!

I don't forgot I have pending to take some "family  photos" like Master Arthadan say, but I want to complete some proper scenery to use witht them too !! So this will be take me little bit more time!roll

Last edited by orc (Fri, Dec18 2015 3:48am)

Click to close

#125 Fri, Dec18 2015 8:00am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Interesting web site... and great work as usual smile !!!!

Board footer