Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Mon, Aug2 2021 10:25pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Amazon Middle Earth series

May be of interest plus there is a follow-up article with some 'spoilers', including a hint that WOKE rears its inevitable head neutral

https://www.theonering.net/torwp/2021/0 … fall-2022/

#2 Tue, Aug3 2021 8:42am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Re: Amazon Middle Earth series

I'm sceptycal about this project...

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#3 Tue, Aug3 2021 11:15am

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Thingol wrote:

It says in the article that the Tolkien estate appear to be happy, I guess that with Christopher Tolkien's passing there is a lot more softening of attitudes.

It would appear that they are interpreting Tolkien's description of, quote "Some Halflings are dark skin precursors to Shire-hobbits quite possibly".... to possibly introduce  'Black' Hobbits..... "One of three somewhat different breeds” maybe Harfoots; [described by Tolkien in the Prologue to LOTR ‘Concerning Hobbits’ pg. 12: “they were browner of skin,” and also “they moved westward early,”

Lenny Henry who is a black British (alleged) 'comedian' apparently will portray one such early halfling [Harfoot]

#4 Tue, Aug3 2021 11:31am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

ddaines wrote:

Thingol wrote:

It says in the article that the Tolkien estate appear to be happy, I guess that with Christopher Tolkien's passing there is a lot more softening of attitudes.

It would appear that they are interpreting Tolkien's description of, quote "Some Halflings are dark skin precursors to Shire-hobbits quite possibly".... to possibly introduce  'Black' Hobbits..... "One of three somewhat different breeds” maybe Harfoots; [described by Tolkien in the Prologue to LOTR ‘Concerning Hobbits’ pg. 12: “they were browner of skin,” and also “they moved westward early,”

Lenny Henry who is a black British (alleged) 'comedian' apparently will portray one such early halfling [Harfoot]

I know that.... but black hobbit is the same example as the black Superman... I'm not a racist, but this is funny.... It is completely normal that the black humans interpret charachters from Harad / Far Harad or some south parts of the Middle'earth... but not roles of hobbits...

Last edited by Thingol (Tue, Aug3 2021 3:31pm)

#5 Tue, Aug3 2021 12:49pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Thingol wrote:

ddaines wrote:

Thingol wrote:

I know that.... but black hobbit is the same example as the black Superman... I'm not a racist, but this is funny.... It is completely normal that the black humans interpret charachters from Harrad / Far Harrad or some south parts of the Middle'earth... but not roles of hobbits...

And Black Anne Boleyn, and Asian David Copperfield that we had to endure. I am 100% in agreement with you, NOT for Hobbits.

#6 Fri, Aug13 2021 1:45pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Looks like Amazon are moving the series to the UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58196473

#7 Sat, Aug14 2021 8:44pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

A great opportunity to sign up for supporting actors in scenes of your favorite part of the Middle aearth

Board footer