Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Thu, Jan31 2008 12:54pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

The use of the "Upload Image" module

I have installed a special module in this mailboard that you can access on the top menu : it is called "upload image"

in this module you can upload images for future posting in threads (especially useful for the forthcoming gallery forum). It works as follows:
You upload an image from your hard disk and the module will generate a thumbnail of this image by itself. It will then stock the image in your profile (a dedicated space) that you can access via this module and use as you wish. Under each of these pictures will be a link that you should use to post in the forums. This link will then display the thumbnail in the post and this one will be clickable to access the full size picture.

This way, the forum is fast for loading, using only small thumbnails but the large picture is still viewable when you click on it.

If you have any questions... you know the way wink  PM to me

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#2 Sat, Feb2 2008 2:30pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Re: The use of the "Upload Image" module

Well, I managed to upload pics and put them in my message, but how do I access the same pics if I want to reuse them again? You said the pic is stored in my profile. Where? How can I change one of the uploaded pics into a avata?
Please help!

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#3 Sat, Feb2 2008 3:25pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

You can access your image still in the "upload image" page, on the bottom-right there is a link to "my images", and it will display all your images, with the code to copy/paste in the posts for further use.
You should also have the opportunity to check the "view stats" to check everybody's uploaded image gallery, to pick up the code here too. so that you can quote pictures from others directly
As administrator I have access to all images too and can delete them if need be smile

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#4 Sun, Feb3 2008 3:37am

hsf62
Master Caster

Thank Gildor, totally overlooked this little button. Sometimes it might help to scroll down the page completely.cool

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#5 Sun, Feb3 2008 11:32am

hsf62
Master Caster

Hi Master Gildor,
Yes i have access to the pics I have uploaded. But I can't delete them, nor change them into a avatar. If I want to upload a pic as a avatar it resizes the pic to 100x 75 which is to big.(60x60 is needed) Please advise!
Thanks!

#6 Sun, Feb3 2008 4:34pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Pictures uploaded are not meant to be deleted by members so far, Only I have the authorisation to delete pictures in this "picture folder". It is an insurance, because the module is so made that you have access to delete ability for all pictures or nothing.. that means one could delete pictures submitted by others... so only administrators have this right as a security.

You can't use an image from the gallery as your avatar. this is not the same "folder" , you can upload the picture once again in your profile window as an avatar picture (no link with the "upload image" module at all), as for resizing, it requires that you do the resizing on your own computer sad sorry about that, but if you want I can do it for you if you don't have tools or softwares to do so... but in no way the "picture folders" of members, accessed via the "upload image" module" can be used directly as avatars.

#7 Mon, Feb4 2008 11:23am

hsf62
Master Caster

Thank you for your advise and your offer to help. Everything is working well. The avatar is visible. Do you like it?
I just have to watch out that I don't upload the wrong pics. I don't want to run into trouble:D

Last edited by hsf62 (Mon, Feb4 2008 11:26am)

#8 Mon, Feb4 2008 1:01pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well it's perfect for me! hourrah to hsf62.... the pioneer of the forum (first one to use the upload picture module, and first one (beside my wife and myself) to have an avatar!  Everybody, follow his example wink

#9 Tue, Feb5 2008 10:47pm

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Special thanks to Wendy for emailing my avatar (a Halbarad she painted especially for me) so that I could upload it!

Hurrrraaaayyy!!!!!

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

Board footer