Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#2126 Thu, Apr6 2017 5:33pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Re: THE TAPROOM 3

Great picture for great moment. It reminds me I shall plan some visits myself roll...and take care of my attics where dust is growing...hmm

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#2127 Sat, Apr8 2017 9:29pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

On a different subject entirely, am I going mad (quite likely), or is it just my memory (even more likely)? Has MS608 Bullroarer disappeared from Mithril's Fellowship listings deliberately, or has it been accidentally omitted? I've just noticed its absence.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#2128 Sat, Apr8 2017 10:21pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoomm ... MS608 is Bandobras Took in the Mithril range (the invention of golf) ... rhuom ... I cannot remember an MS winning suggestion with the name "Bullroarer" as there was none ... rhûom ... what about the byname of Bandobras? ... huom ... ?

#2129 Sun, Apr9 2017 6:31am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Bandobras or Bullroarer, he's not listed among the Fellowship figures on the Mithril site.....

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#2130 Sun, Apr9 2017 12:24pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Barliman wrote:

On a different subject entirely, am I going mad (quite likely), or is it just my memory (even more likely)? Has MS608 Bullroarer disappeared from Mithril's Fellowship listings deliberately, or has it been accidentally omitted? I've just noticed its absence.

You're correct, he's 'hopped it'!!! I know it was sold out, but thought it would still appear (under whatever name it was given) wink

#2131 Sun, Apr9 2017 12:50pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

That's what I would have thught. Mind you, I didn't know he was OP. I never got round to buying one!

#2132 Sun, Apr9 2017 2:57pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoomm ... so another argument for me to keep up my autoshipment ... rhûom ... that way I have that Halbarad, that certain Dwarf and all three trolls ... hom ... so often I considered to cancel that autoshipment because of those many sales which indeed can save you a lot of money ... rhuoom ... what the autoshipment cannot ... if it runs well you can regard having the p&p for free .... gruooommm ... but ... that way you cannot miss any figure that is produced .... hom ... that is perfect for trees who tend to be a bit slow in watching each and everything about that Mithril things .... huommmmmmm

#2133 Sun, Apr9 2017 3:04pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Very wise advice, Master Tree. I shall just to have to keep my eyes peeled on eBay. I expect Noble Knight Games will have one for sale, but their prices are high, and the mail cost of anything from the US these days is appalling.

#2134 Sun, Apr9 2017 5:55pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoomm ... you might be right about 'Noble Knight' that maybe has that MS608 to offer ... rhuom ... but be careful, because it's not only their price and the horrendous mail cost  from the USA you have to consider ... huom ... if you're not lucky you might as well and additionally be charged with a nice fee by your custom office in Britain before they hand out the parcel to you .... rhuôm
... gruoôm ... just a thought, of course ...

#2135 Sun, Apr9 2017 6:25pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I know that all too well, Master Tree. Same will also happen on goods bought in Europe when the Bree-exit nonsense kicks in. So far all the Bree-exit shenanigans has achieved is to devalue our currency horribly, with little or no hope of its recovery. As for the Customs tyrants, yes, add 20% VAT (even though the goods have already had VAT added in the US) plus £8 or £9 handling charge. Always supposing they don't lose the package (it's been known...).

Er, I'm obviously in a bad mood. I think I need a drink.....

#2136 Sun, Apr9 2017 10:20pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoommm ... so you need a drink? ... what about me then? ... gruo^m ... some clear words you chose to use in your last entry here ... huom ... hope your mood has become better tomorrow at dawn ... rhuom ... at least a bit ... hooomm

#2137 Mon, Apr10 2017 6:42am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Well, it's several hours past dawn, and I suspect I'm still in a bad mood...

#2138 Tue, Apr11 2017 4:46am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

I will join you fellows in a drink!

And Congrats, Barli, on the Watcher. I also will order two.

But the Female Lossoth will eventually be made!! Well, at the very least I will suggest it again on the single figure months :-)

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#2139 Tue, Apr11 2017 9:28pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huomrhûommm  ....... wishing you all the best for that new attempt, Master Twrich ... huom ...

#2140 Wed, Apr19 2017 11:51pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huom ? ... er, sorry, did I miss anything of some importance here ? ... hmm ... spiders, old tabs and taps, never properly being cleaned for months or even years ... alas, bitten-off rat-tails among the rotten smelly rush at the floor ... gruôm ... Nob being on holiday for many a years by now ... rhooom  ... and then them lousy biting warg-skin-door mats not cared for or not even having been witnessed by people trodding in here wiping their boots and then having access to Master Barliman's Pony accordingly. decades from now meseems... huoooommmm .... I have to admit that I never thought of providing a foot-brush for Hobbits at the entrance, huôm ...  though by the way they get along with the wargskins very well meseems... huom ...

#2141 Thu, Apr20 2017 6:35am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

You and your diatribe are welcome, Master Tree, as ever. Certainly if you see that ne'er-do-well rapscallion Nob I'd be grateful if you steered him in this direction. This room certainly needs "mucking out".

#2142 Tue, Apr25 2017 3:50pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Having seen the latest Fellowship newsletter, I note - with a degree of disappointment, nay, frustration - that the rendition of Bombur depicted in MZ637 'Bombur at the Battle of Five Armies' is still not especially fat. He's once again pleasantly rotund rather than clinically obese. I wonder why Chris doesn't make his "fat" figures (Forlong and Bombur both come to mind) really fat? Perhaps it would be "politically incorrect", as such things tend to be considered these days!

#2143 Tue, Apr25 2017 5:44pm

mindx2
Collector

I noticed the same Master Barliman. I see no shame in our good friend Bombur's wide girth as I'm sure neither does he. Of course if I myself don't start taking long walks around the Shire I may end up being as wide as I am tall!! big_smile

#2144 Tue, Apr25 2017 5:55pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Barliman wrote:

Having seen the latest Fellowship newsletter, I note - with a degree of disappointment, nay, frustration - that the rendition of Bombur depicted in MZ637 'Bombur at the Battle of Five Armies' is still not especially fat. He's once again pleasantly rotund rather than clinically obese. I wonder why Chris doesn't make his "fat" figures (Forlong and Bombur both come to mind) really fat? Perhaps it would be "politically incorrect", as such things tend to be considered these days!

Mr Tubb is probably acutely aware in this day of Pathetically Correct lunacy that he would be sued by the descendants of Messrs Forlong and Bombour for 'Fatist' remarks wink.

#2145 Tue, Apr25 2017 6:04pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

That would explain it, I guess.

#2146 Tue, Apr25 2017 8:50pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Well, you can give fat another label, but it doesn't make fat slim...lol

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#2147 Tue, Apr25 2017 10:17pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huuoooommm ... again I am of the same opinion about this matter, Master Barliman ... hruomgrom ... by now there are three Bombur and two Forlong figures ... hm huom ... none of those five is fat ... huommm ...
er ... by the way, did you realize that yesterday I pushed your mounted ranger into the second round? ... huoommm?

#2148 Wed, Apr26 2017 3:25pm

hsf62
Master Caster

The Ent has spoken!lol

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#2149 Wed, Apr26 2017 3:25pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I was wondering who it was. However, I've done the "right thing" and voted for the Elven boat, since my Grey Company guy didn't really have any hope of winning in the face of such strong opposition. The Dunedan will rear his head again at some more opportune time.

#2150 Sun, Apr30 2017 7:12pm

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Hello? Anybody in here? oh well, guess I'll just sit at my table in the dark corner and wait for friends to trick in.

Ouch!! Damn Wargskin rug just nipped my heel! guess I better talk to the Tree about these guys. Maybe next time I'll bring a lawn rake to even out their matted fur--no wonder they are so ornery!

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

Board footer