Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#526 Fri, Apr12 2019 1:07pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Re: THE TAPROOM 4

twrich wrote:

Hello? . . . Helllooooo?? Well it is very quiet in here these days. Perhaps everyone is out enjoying Spring, maybe taking a boat ride on the river.

Well, I guess I'll just grab myself an ale and retire to my table in the dark corner. Yes, yes, Master Barkeep--I will leave some coin in the till. ;-)

Hello Master Tom, Just back from the 'Land soon to be behind the Wall' wink and have just placed my order for a couple of the Boromir boats. I was panicking a bit in case they sold out, as using the internet wasn't recommended (I didn't have it anyway, but could've used someone else's).

Anyhow, if anyone is around to serve, a round on me please wink

#527 Fri, Apr12 2019 1:13pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I'll be interested to know how you get on with constructing the boats, since views on their difficulty - or otherwise - seem contradictory. Beer is coming!

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#528 Fri, Apr12 2019 3:26pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Barliman wrote:

I'll be interested to know how you get on with constructing the boats, since views on their difficulty - or otherwise - seem contradictory. Beer is coming!

Thank you for the beer Sir wink.

I haven't started any serious building on these yet (Tom's additions) as at the moment I will wait for Boromir to arrive and do a 'job lot', so not too sure what construction will be like. Legolas and Gimli were fiddly getting the legs on was a pain, but I have only toyed around with them while awaiting the set. Re the boats I will probably replace the 'chunky' seat with a thin wedge of plastic card (I don't have anything in front of me so can't quote).

I think Tom discussed with Chris the 'issues' with Legolas and Gimli so maybe these points have been resolved. Hopefully a report on progress soon smile.

Now, how to scratch-build the Argonath!!!!!!!!!!!

#529 Sat, Apr13 2019 3:14pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoomm ... ah yes, Master Ddaines, so you confirm my experience of assembling the Legolas and Gimli of the MX-boat ... huom ... fitting those legs in a correct angle was a pain indeed, as you correctly called it ... rhuom ... see, there is no problem at all attaching all those fine details such as ropes, swords and luggage to the boats ... huommhom ... that is what even my old twigs can do easily .... HuuUOMmm ... ah yes, I can confirm that the Man in the Dark Corner discussed some matters about casting with Master Tubb ... hom ... though ... er, in the end at least the four Hobbits were casted in one piece ... huom ... but then again you'll have some fun in assembling the Boromir figure accordingly ... alas ... but then you will not have any problems with replacing those horrible seats of the third boat ... huom ... they're casted seperately (though I cannot see a single reason why) ... huomm ... with the first boat that was no problem, I think, as they were covered and hidden by the figures and some pieces of some luggage ... huom ... rhuom ... it was a bit more difficult with the second boat, as more of the surface of those "seats" are visible ... gruhomhommm ... but, Master Ddaines, with the third boat it will be easier for you to replace the seats as those solid-massive-metal blocks are now suddenly casted seperately though still there are still no details (surface structure) visible ... hom ... if there's anyone around who can help me and try to explain this ridiculous decision I would be very much pleased .... rhuu°Oommm ... two metal blocks are benches in a very light rowing boat ... huom ... must be Elven magic involved .... rhuotidommm ... no, I really do not want to criticize at all as I do not understand Elven magic and never did .... huom

Huom ... but what is of most importance to me is to point out the fact that our dear fellow and friend in the dark corner here decided to complete those Lorien boats immediately without us having to cope with years of suggestions and even more re-suggestions on the Mithril Board ... hooom ... that would have taken at least about ten years, I'm afraid ... hom ... and Master Twrich managed to have the boats released at a very fair price when you consider that they're MX-releases .... HOM ! ... thank you so very much for that, Master Twrich .....

so, Master Barliman, whenever your loyal regular in the dark corner wants a beer or some weed, please give him plenty of that ... huom ... at least until the end of this year I will pay for that, of course, as I came across some golden coins ... hah ...er ... rhuom

#530 Sat, Apr13 2019 5:13pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Theobald wrote:

……….
Huom ... but what is of most importance to me is to point out the fact that our dear fellow and friend in the dark corner here decided to complete those Lorien boats immediately without us having to cope with years of suggestions and even more re-suggestions on the Mithril Board ... hooom ... that would have taken at least about ten years, I'm afraid ... hom ... and Master Twrich managed to have the boats released at a very fair price when you consider that they're MX-releases .... HOM ! ... thank you so very much for that, Master Twrich .....

And for that, Master Twrich will ever have my grateful appreciation and thanks as believe me, it has saved me (will save me wink ) a much anticipated headache had I had to stick to my original plan which was to convert other figures, which wasn't going well if I'm honest (I had purchased an extra three of Boromir's funeral boat, but that's life I guess, and the Boromir's are going to be used for other projects).

Hopefully the two dioramas I have in mind for these boats will appear sooner rather than later wink

#531 Tue, Apr23 2019 7:11am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Sorry dear friends for the long delay in response. I am now back in town with some moments to write (even at 2am my time!). I appreciate everyone for buying the ale and pipe-weed! Yes, the next boats would have taken a long time, if they ever got produced. What really led me to take them on as a project was a conversation with Chris where he said he probably wouldn't allow them as a vignette in the future. By financing the production of the second two boats upfront, it was much easier for Chris and Mithril to produce them. Lars was very reasonable and supportive of the idea, as was Chris. And I had the benefit of giving my opinion on the look--and, hopefully, having a small influence on ease of assembly.

Last edited by twrich (Tue, Apr23 2019 7:13am)

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#532 Tue, Apr23 2019 6:06pm

hsf62
Master Caster

You are the man Master Tom!cool

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#533 Tue, Apr23 2019 6:08pm

hsf62
Master Caster

And now I think we should have another drink! The drinks go on me!big_smile

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#534 Tue, Apr23 2019 7:22pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

hsf62 wrote:

And now I think we should have another drink! The drinks go on me!big_smile

Thank you Sir, I need it having assembled six of these boats and crew (two of each) tongue

#535 Tue, Apr23 2019 11:56pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huuoooomorhu°om ...  dear Master Twrich, let me just confirm what you said about Lars and Chris ... rhuom ... but first of all thank you to have enabled us collectors to have two more boats on the Anduin ... rhuûm ... more of them would have been inappropriate ... huoommm ... I think ... hom

#536 Wed, Apr24 2019 12:24pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Merci Master Twrich !

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#537 Tue, Apr30 2019 5:32pm

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Hello Master Caster, how have you been? Well, I hope--and your family also!

Master Barkeep, please bring us a round of drinks, and anything else my good friend would like!

Of course I'll pay!

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#538 Tue, Apr30 2019 5:43pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Always a pleasure to have a little chat with you wink Thanks for the invite, next time around its my turn!

Last edited by hsf62 (Tue, Apr30 2019 5:44pm)

#539 Mon, May6 2019 1:39pm

Gerold
Adventurer

Finally managed to take a picture of my painted Boat with Legolas and Gimli (remember: my work is only tabletop quality)
Please take a look:
Click to close

Last edited by Gerold (Mon, May6 2019 1:42pm)

#540 Mon, May6 2019 1:55pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Very imprdessive!

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#541 Mon, May6 2019 6:29pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Wow, looking good! cool

#542 Tue, May7 2019 6:58pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Very nice Gerold, the boat looks as if it is carved from wood wink

#543 Wed, May8 2019 10:47pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huooom ... indeed Master Gerold did a fine painting job, as I can see... rhûommmdomm ... well, now I have to pay for all being around here for any liquid or meals (just bar-meals,please) for that strange number of 5555 posts ... rhuom ... strange that is meseems ... anyway ... huommm ... cheers

#544 Thu, May9 2019 1:20pm

Maenas
Traveller

Gerold wrote:

Finally managed to take a picture of my painted Boat with Legolas and Gimli (remember: my work is only tabletop quality)
Please take a look:
Click to close

Love the colours you have chosen! Nice work! wink

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#545 Fri, May10 2019 7:39am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Very nice Gerold. The wooden aspect is really good !cool

#546 Fri, May10 2019 7:40am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Theobald wrote:

huooom ... indeed Master Gerold did a fine painting job, as I can see... rhûommmdomm ... well, now I have to pay for all being around here for any liquid or meals (just bar-meals,please) for that strange number of 5555 posts ... rhuom ... strange that is meseems ... anyway ... huommm ... cheers

In terms of posts, I am still trying to catch Master Barliman (Imagine how it looks like!) , you are the next I guess :-)

#547 Fri, May10 2019 10:59am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoom ... thanks, Master Milo, I wouldn't mind if you catch up (no, not ketchup) with me ... rhûooOm ... catching our dear Master Barliman isn't that difficult once you find out where he's resting for a while .... huommm ... nice image anyway ... hmmm ... me, being next? ... ah, good luck, Master Milo ...

#548 Fri, May10 2019 2:41pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Barliman, be careful, -35

#549 Fri, May10 2019 2:43pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

I'm exhausted, I need a rest.

Nob ? where are you ? please bring me some fresh ale !

Last edited by Milo (Fri, May10 2019 2:43pm)

#550 Fri, May10 2019 3:19pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Master Milo, I never realised before that leaving posts was a contest! I only say things qhgwn it's needful or appropriate....

Board footer