Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Sat, Jun26 2010 4:38pm

Kenakko
Dude of Westernesse

For Gondor!

Thanks all for the kind words on my previous post.  I have learned that groups of miniatures are very hard to photograph.  None-the-less, here are some more shots of my Army of Gondor.  This is still under construction (as ever!) and there are more minis to paint up like the DA foot and some of the regular M series figures.Click to closeand Click to close
The Lossanarch set offers a really good value with many options and conversion possiblities Click to close and Click to close
It even integrates well with the warband set (or Time Machine) which is great considering there is more than a decade between the releases Click to closeThis is what the warband set is really for...Click to close

I read somewhere that CT always wanted to produce versions of levies from the poorer provinces.  I will make my own. Click to close
One thing I would have liked to see was more mounted regular cavalry.  And like Gavin, I need more archers!  In the hopefully not-so-distant future I will have other similar posts...Next: Wolves of Isengard!

Last edited by Kenakko (Sat, Jun26 2010 5:22pm)

#2 Sat, Jun26 2010 7:24pm

shadyt
Traveller

Re: For Gondor!

Very nice army! That was a lot of painting.

#3 Sat, Jun26 2010 7:55pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

This is perfect, Master Kenakko ... brilliant paint-job. So, your Lossanach go together with the Gondorian army by now ... as they're Gondorian  .... it's an amazing set, Master Kenakko.

#4 Sat, Jun26 2010 9:18pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

.... as I told you in last topic... magnificent AGAIN ! .... now we must see orcs and trolls army.... in battle formations or in chaos... all the same... smile

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#5 Sat, Jun26 2010 11:10pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

People before praise your paint job, Ken.
I want to praise your bases. They are great. Perfect covering of the mithril base!!!

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#6 Wed, Jul7 2010 6:17am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

More nice stuff. It underlines what a shame it is that the Time Machine stuff is no longer available - building up this sort of army will be much more expensive from now on.

As Master Archer has said, good bases. As you know all too well, I've still got to finish the bases of all my LOTR armies. I keep trying to enlist Mrs B, but she's not keen, and there are, er, rather a lot of them. I just find preparing bases less interesting than painting figures!

Last edited by Barliman (Wed, Jul7 2010 6:39am)

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#7 Wed, Jul7 2010 11:49am

Arthadan
Traveller

They are just great! big_smile

To mortal fields say farewell,
Middle-earth forsaking!
In Elvenhome a clear bell
in the high tower is shaking.

#8 Thu, Jul8 2010 8:04am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

awesome Ken!

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#9 Sun, Aug15 2010 5:28am

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

Yeah, I missed out on ordering a time machine set by weeks last year (I was very, very sad) so my current Gondor army will be made of plastic and put out by GW. I have a vague plan to sell them once completed, gamed with once or twice and photographed, then I'll scour the net for mithrils.

The Lossarnachs go very well with the "Minas Tirith" set - and in the Mithril "canon" this makes a lot of sense, since the Tengwar magazine identifies Lossarnach as the place where most of Minas Tirith's army is drawn from.

I am somewhat disappointed that the the Lossarnach guys don't have axes bigger than the wee hatchets the current range has. Kinda tempted to get three WOTR companies worth of Lossarnach and somehow sort out getting enough Gondor shields for them.

But damn Time Machine and the inconvenient lack of Warbands...years after I hummed and hawed about getting a second set big_smile

#10 Sun, Aug15 2010 7:13am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

...Hence my own policy of always buying things when I see them! There have been so many situations where it's paid off in the long run. Mind you, it can also lead to difficulties and disappointments, such as buying a hundred figures by one maker only to find that another maker comes out with a beter, more suitable range a year or so later - before I've even got round to painting the earlier guys. Still, that's the price you pay (literally) for paranoia. Still, it does mean that I've got a Thomarillion 'Grond' that I wouldn't have if I'd opted to wait until I had the time to build it.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

Board footer