Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#351 Thu, Oct18 2012 9:10pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Re: My work / Thingol

You see: much better the "sorrounding" instead of the little base. The Beregond vignette is so much dynamic. I really like it.
And the garden sorrounding fits once more! The black and white pic is marvellous, Nino.

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#352 Fri, Oct19 2012 1:36pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Excellent scenery and choice of figures in a wonderful surrounding, Master Thingol. I don't have to mention again how much I like your Beregond-Vignette, have I. - But now you, for the very first time, you gave me a reason to criticise a little bit. I'm sure you don't mind, my friend. Let me explain, please:
In my imagination (and that of course that is very personal) the scene in front of the Black Gate all is dark, with just some distant shades of colours of the garments of people and the surroundings which you can only guess. So, I think, this time "Grandma's Garden" is a bit too colourful for that scene. That's why I think that the black and white picture of the scene is far more better than the coloured one.
But please, my friend, don't start painting "Grandma's Garden" (as it is a jewel) or even repaint your figures. I hope you got me right, Thingol. It's just a different imagination of another individual, isn't it? wink

#353 Fri, Oct19 2012 5:33pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Thanks for all compliments and comments as usual dear friends.... I'm happy that you like my pictures.... and for my dear Master Ent... there is a little bit more darker picture from the GG black gate... and yes I will not repaint the garden wink smile smile smile I will next time organize session by night in the GG for all scenes which could allude on the darker situations...

Click to close

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#354 Fri, Oct19 2012 5:47pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Ah, first of all I'm so glad that you didn't take my slight criticism I did in public as an offence, Master Thingol.
Now this second picture is excellent, I think. That's it.
Remember, Master Thingol, that some time ago I asked you not to give up your black-and-white-picture passion. Now here it meets so very well. I know you're perfect in such things, as you once provided me with loads of pictures I still enjoy from time to time.
So, thank you Thingol, for this. smile

#355 Fri, Oct19 2012 5:59pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

... now I remembered that I did not send you 2 B&W movies.... smile I will do it during this weekend smile smile smile have a good night dear friend..

#356 Mon, Oct29 2012 5:43am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

WOW!!! Nino, you make amazing scenes. It must be your photographic eye.

Last edited by twrich (Mon, Oct29 2012 5:44am)

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#357 Mon, Nov5 2012 10:23am

elroi
Master of Brushes
Website

Thingol wrote:

Click to close

Your compositions and B/W photographs are astonishing... very cinematographic style

#358 Mon, Nov5 2012 4:56pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

.... smile thanks for this comment Master Elroi smile

#359 Mon, Feb25 2013 11:24am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

.... for the example....

Today I put in some new gallery of photos from the "Grandm's garden .... those are xxxxxxxxxxxxx_____ in this gallery folder....   etc.... and we can comment here....

#360 Mon, Feb25 2013 1:32pm

sevlag
Collector
Website

Nino, I still can't see your gallery. Can you put the link of your new pictures on this forum, please. So I could see your work in the grandma's garden big_smile.
But you have a very good idea. Should we have each our forum here, so when we put a new photo in the gallery we comment it here on the forum. big_smilewink

#361 Mon, Feb25 2013 5:02pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

that is because of I did not put here any link this time.... but I will next time.... wink

#362 Tue, Feb26 2013 11:53am

hsf62
Master Caster

I can't view it either... sad sad sad

Last edited by hsf62 (Tue, Feb26 2013 11:53am)

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#363 Tue, Feb26 2013 1:00pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

there was a bug in your gallery Thingol
the gallery did work in Chrome and in Firefox but not at all in MSIE... don't ask me why but the problem did come from the line "Recognizable Scenes from the Lord of the Rings" that you put in bold and underlined, in the description.
Somehow MSIE 9 did not interpret it correctly and did bug your own gallery (only this one) totally
I had to remove this line and now the gallery is working perfectly again!

I hope you won't be mad at me editing your description but if it allows for pictures to display there was nothing else I could do..

oh and this is a test :
http://mithril.faerylands.eu/galleries/albums/mmp-members-galleries/thingol-diorama-gallery/saruman_1.jpg
http://mithril.faerylands.eu/galleries/ … _1.jpg.php

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#364 Tue, Feb26 2013 1:14pm

sevlag
Collector
Website

It finally works. I see the pictures of Thingol in grandma's garden big_smile
Thank you very much Master Gildor wink

#365 Tue, Feb26 2013 1:17pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

the test is working but I need to try and make something more adapted I think as it can't generate thumbnails... and well, you could access the gallery using the link below the picture, but it would redirect you to the gallery and leave the forum...

in the meantime well it can actually work as the picture you see above IS the picture FROM the gallery itself, not a copy... that's a start!

maybe it would be better to have the link ONLY to the picture page, (which allows for commenting directly) and somehow encourages people to go to the dedicated page, the ranking and comments system.
It would also allow for pictures to have a security .... while on the forum there is none...

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#366 Tue, Feb26 2013 2:38pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

I did not mentioned this Master Gildor... thanks for this intervention... wink soon I will put new pictures in the gallery.... smile and also made few new pages for the catalogue....

#367 Tue, Feb26 2013 6:50pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Excellent depiction Nino, the rock composition really makes it look as if this is high up in the mountains (and as cold as well big_smile)

#368 Tue, Feb26 2013 7:21pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Gildor chosen one of the best pictures from the garden Master David.... smile He has a "good eye" !  And thanks for the compliments  dear friend... !!!!! That's what  I thinking.... ! this is the right conversation about pictures.... announcement and then the comments ... here or somewhere....

#369 Sat, Mar2 2013 8:50pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Ok now I have some news from the Grandmas Garden.... look on those links:

M189 Enting & M105 Huinen the Seer: http://mithril.faerylands.eu/galleries/ … he-garden/

Frodo in the tower of Cirith Ungol: http://mithril.faerylands.eu/galleries/ … a-gallery/

Gondor armies against trolls: http://mithril.faerylands.eu/galleries/ … olls-8.jpg

Last edited by Thingol (Sat, Mar2 2013 9:13pm)

#370 Sat, Mar2 2013 10:53pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

(NB : if you want people to reach directly the dedicated page for the image master Thingol, you can go on the image page by clicking the name below the picture and link THIS url address. This way people can directly rate and comment if they want smile

just a suggestion of course)

#371 Sat, Mar2 2013 11:36pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

... ok.. there are also last two PD figures painted... PCH 16 & 17 smile

http://mithril.faerylands.eu/galleries/ … k-thingol/

#372 Sun, Mar3 2013 2:25pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Master Thingol, thank you very much for providing your new pictures. I really enjoyed having had a look at them. The paint-job really is great and, of course, those wonderful settings in your grandma's garden are once again brilliant. Please, keep on.

#373 Sun, Mar3 2013 6:32pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

.... I will Master Ent.... I will !

#374 Sun, Mar3 2013 10:14pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Excellent as ever wink, you must have one of the largest painted collections of MM's/PD figures Nino smile

Last edited by ddaines (Sun, Mar3 2013 10:14pm)

#375 Mon, Mar4 2013 3:51am

shadyt
Traveller

Very nice, I looked through most of the pictures again today!

Board footer