Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#751 Sun, Nov9 2014 11:21pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Re: THE HOBBIT MOVIE

That "Special Edition" will be present No 1 under the Christmas Tree!!!!!!  tongue

And because they had show nearly nothing- there is no "fire" for movie part three. And I will look it AFTER Christmas.
So to say: after watching SE. So you are informed, fellows.

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#752 Mon, Nov10 2014 8:01am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Just watched the extended edition of Desolation of Smaug, and have to say that it's much better than the shorter cinema version, and it's nice to see aspects of the original book reintroduced.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#753 Mon, Nov10 2014 9:03am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

oh btw in the extended version of the desolation of Smaug, (not received yet... but saw some excerpts) some very important scenes that were missing are now in the movie  : such as the dwarves introduction to Beorn... which is one of the big moments of the book, well, it seems it was only missing in the short version..

why such a choice... I wonder.... it's one of the best parts of the book and PJ judges it not worthy enough for the "regular" movie? oO

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#754 Mon, Nov10 2014 9:26am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

... such as the scene, where Gandalf is meeting Thrain in Dol Guldur. Part of the very first trailer, sawn 2years ago! (saw it on you tube).

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#755 Mon, Nov10 2014 9:44am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

...Such things are what I was referring to when I said "aspects of the original book reintroduced", but unlike you fellows I didn't want to spoil the surprise for people who haven't seen it yet!

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#756 Mon, Nov10 2014 2:56pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

I sincerely hope that there will be as many links to the "The lords of the rings" book in this and in the next movie....

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#757 Mon, Nov10 2014 3:22pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well we all know what happens in the book , and I did not want to describe how it is rendered in the movie, I'm sorry if I spoiled you in any way sad

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#758 Mon, Nov10 2014 10:53pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

..no matter at all, Master Elf. I want to be spoiled. That´s the reaon why I enter this room . . .
To hear and to see news about "The Hobbit Movie".

#759 Tue, Nov11 2014 2:13pm

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

Yeah, I am pretty impressed at how deeply weird many of the decisions made have been (and will be). A lot of the "restraint" and visual creativity shown in the Fellowship of the Ring and the Two Towers has gone out the window. PJ likes his big over the top scenes. It was budget, not taste, restraining him.

The guy has an amazing cast, but they seem sort of drowned out by the visual effects. I have some hope that the "human" story will play a bigger role in the final movie, but I don't have that much hope.

#760 Tue, Nov11 2014 3:16pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

The trailer for Hobbit 3 certainly doesn't give much cause to hope for that, I'm afraid.

#761 Tue, Nov11 2014 5:14pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

I was quite surprised (I don't know if it is a good or a bad surprise) to see Saruman saying "let me take care of Sauron" in Dol Guldur, with the blazing silhouette of Sauron behind...

I must admit though that the idea of having Sauron being the dark human like pupil in a red blazing aura... which , from afar, looks like a reptilian red eye.... is quite interesting indeed
(I hope I spoil nobody, but this "vision" was already present in the second movie, and as you all know I have always been fascinated with the representation of Sauron in the Tolkien universe)

#762 Tue, Nov11 2014 5:20pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

It would be nice to think that what they were aiming for was a feline eye rather than reptilian. The way that Sauron/the Necromancer is portrayed in the confrontation with Gandalf is very impressive overall.

#763 Wed, Nov12 2014 10:51pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Just for the situation, you don´t know what to put under the "Tree" . . . yes, it is about time thinking . . .

Have a look here:   https://www.wetanz.com/smaug-the-terrible/

#764 Thu, Nov13 2014 6:58am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

It's big, but I don't think I'd pay that much for a movie collectible.

#765 Thu, Nov13 2014 9:56am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Price of this dragon... houm... piece of cake ( sad ) .... by the way .. I mean really on the cakes ... do you have a tidbits of sweet cakes to sell for a hungry hobbits...

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#766 Sat, Nov15 2014 9:32am

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2014/11 … ve-armies/

Someone has put a few of the TV trailers together - a lot of repeated stuff wink. about 4 minutes long.

#767 Sat, Nov22 2014 10:36am

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2014/11 … efinition/

Billy Boyd's 'Farewell' song to Middle-Earth smile

#768 Sat, Nov22 2014 2:54pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well you may like the movies or not, this song is very emotional... for the actors maybe more than the spectators it has been quite an adventure since the first movie...

#769 Sat, Nov22 2014 3:54pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Yes, very emotive. The accompanying imagery was also enough to bring a tear to my grizzled visage.

#770 Sun, Nov23 2014 9:52pm

hsf62
Master Caster

HELL yeah I made it! I'm back online!cool Bloody cold Germany has me back! LOL

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#771 Sun, Nov23 2014 9:57pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Welcome back, Master Holger - just in time for the best season of the year in Northern Europe.

#772 Sun, Nov23 2014 11:53pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Is that really the truth???!!!! Did that really happen ???!!!
So:  WELCOME ON BOARD !
I will invite you for a drink, Master of the casts!
You should let different people know about . . .  who know what . . . cool

Oh- by the way: 17 degrees here in the "mining area" ! The perfect day for a ride with that two-wheel-thing.

Last edited by Turambar (Sun, Nov23 2014 11:55pm)

#773 Mon, Nov24 2014 6:52am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Welcome back master caster. smile

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#774 Mon, Nov24 2014 10:00am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

long time no see! great to have you back among us master Caster smile (though this may be a bit off topic here hehehe)

#775 Mon, Nov24 2014 1:46pm

shadyt
Traveller

Welcome back to the Northern Hemisphere Master Holger !

Board footer