Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Sun, Jan9 2011 11:56pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

LOTR related Games that could be partners with Mithril

I discussed with Lars on the matter and he asked me if I know of games or enterprises that could be partners with Mithril for mutual promotion (like LoTRO did in the past)

so if you know of any forthcoming Tolkien related games that could use Mithril as promotional (bonus figures) or for game support (figurine games) please feel free to mention them... Indeed, we should avoid official wargaming industry for the reasons you all know wink 

This is also true about Magazines (both paper press and online press) if you know of any magazines in your respective countries that would be ok to publish Mithril articles OR ads for releases

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#2 Mon, Jan10 2011 10:24am

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

Re: LOTR related Games that could be partners with Mithril

The One Ring RPG by Cubicle 7 in the UK would be a perfect fit with Mithril.

#3 Sun, Jan16 2011 9:38pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

I need your help about a Mithril Archive .... contact me by email please. I'm lost with that.
Gavin, you're of much help for this. Gildor, I also need the help of an Elf. Let's get the boat flowing ... there's just some more oarsmen we need ... wink

#4 Sun, Jan16 2011 10:13pm

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

Sorry, got your email about 45 minutes after being sent.

I've replied and I am interested.

#5 Mon, Jan17 2011 9:34am

Arthadan
Traveller

Regarding magazines, you 'Other Minds'. I know they want some Tolkien-related miniatures articles (I think master Tolwen has already contacted you).

As for official games, as Gavin said, there is an upcoming pen and paper Role Play Game by Cubicle 7.

And for unofficial RPGs, I think we can count on Ambarquenta. I wrote the introductory adventure (really is a revised version of an old ICE one, 'Dawn comes early') and I can make some scale floorplans to encourage miniature use.

Problem with Mithril is avability. If you need a bunch of Wargs they're not in production, if you need an Elf Minstrel is a Fellowship miniature of around 20 €.... It's too collector-oriented and discouraging for gamers (unless they're ready to open an RPG line).

Last edited by Arthadan (Mon, Jan17 2011 9:35am)

To mortal fields say farewell,
Middle-earth forsaking!
In Elvenhome a clear bell
in the high tower is shaking.

#6 Mon, Jan17 2011 5:01pm

Tolwen
Traveller

Concerning OM, I have already been in contact with master ddaines for an article about the UP. That's unofficial and customer-driven of course. If Mithril is interested in an official collaboration of some kind, I'd be happy to hear ideas smile

Best
Tolwen

Visit  Other Minds Magazine, an unofficial magazine for roleplaying and academic interests in J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-earth and beyond.

#7 Mon, Jan17 2011 5:29pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

official collaboration culd be achieved, if as member of Other Minds Magazines you'd be ok to put a collaboration into place I can submit this (along with your email and references) to Lars next time he writes to me (but don't be too hasty, I'm still waiting for his answer for quite some time...)

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#8 Wed, Jan19 2011 5:05pm

Tolwen
Traveller

Gildor Inglorion wrote:

official collaboration culd be achieved, if as member of Other Minds Magazines you'd be ok to put a collaboration into place I can submit this (along with your email and references) to Lars next time he writes to me (but don't be too hasty, I'm still waiting for his answer for quite some time...)

OK, no problem. So I'll be waiting for anything that might come along smile
Please contact me if you need anything in advance.

Visit  Other Minds Magazine, an unofficial magazine for roleplaying and academic interests in J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-earth and beyond.

#9 Mon, Feb21 2011 2:25am

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

And another idea:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_ … th%20Quest

These guys make LOTR related boardgames, which come with not-terribly-good plastic miniature counters.

Imagine mithril special editions of these counters?

#10 Fri, Jun17 2011 3:10pm

Arthadan
Traveller

The One Ring is coming out in August.

Link

Middle-earth forsaking!

#11 Fri, Jun17 2011 3:27pm

Arthadan
Traveller

Another possibility is Fantasy Flight's new card game: Link

As Mithril did with Lotro, for some special edition or something, they could include miniatures. Or Mithril could release series inspired by the card game (i.e. the first adventure is "The Hunt for Gollum", so Mithril could use the cards as inspiration to make a serie of miniatures with the same name).

I know it's not going to happen as things are now, but is nice to dream.

Last edited by Arthadan (Fri, Jun17 2011 3:27pm)

Middle-earth forsaking!

#12 Fri, Jun17 2011 3:42pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

..... very, very nice dream sad !

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#13 Wed, Nov19 2014 12:27pm

Maenas
Traveller

I thought the same as you Arthadan! Without having read this post. big_smiletongue

Arthadan wrote:

Another possibility is Fantasy Flight's new card game: Link

Last week I contacted Mkl with that idea, and shared a link to the game with him. He answered me, saying he forwarded the message to Lars. So maybe on the next championship there will be a nice price for participating.... Dreaming a little bit maybe and low expectations on that really happens someday, but it would be wonderful if it works. Could be a nice way to relaunch Mithril a little.

I play the game solo. And had actually contacted to an active group of players, so I will start to play the game with them in short.

For those of you who may be interested, the game has some good things of the old ccg from ICE. You travel to locations, bring and found items and treasures and fight against all kind of foes. The factions are represented in the game also, but grouped under "spheres of influence" like, "lore", "tactics", "leadership" and "spirit"
You go gaming with a group of heroes corresponding to those spheres you have chosen, and fight against an escenario that unleashes all kind of treacheries to make you fail on your mission.

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

Board footer