Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#426 Mon, Dec17 2018 5:47pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Re: THE TAPROOM 4

of course I did, Master Barliman, didn't I ... er huoomm ... at least I think to remember that I did ... huom

#427 Mon, Dec17 2018 5:57pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Theobald wrote:

.........no, sorry, I want to tell you here that I'm off with collecting those figures ... huom ... some of you might have learned to know me as a serious collector .... hm ... I do not  want to leave this Prancing Pony here, of course, as others did without leaving a word ... I somehow feel responsible still ...

well, if anyone is interested in my detailed criticism about the MZs I could hand it out, but do not want to pester you with here, as there is a lot ... huom

:-/

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#428 Tue, Dec18 2018 5:07am

cameosis
Master of Languages

Barliman wrote:

I thought that was what I was doing. But I can't remember if you paid me for the last one....

i did. twice.

Esse quam videri. (Marcus Tullius Cicero)

#429 Tue, Dec18 2018 7:50am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

"Pants on fire", if you know what I mean!

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#430 Tue, Dec18 2018 12:23pm

cameosis
Master of Languages

Barliman wrote:

"Pants on fire", if you know what I mean!

of course i do. but thankfully nob so was kind to bring us the two pints in the meanwhile. i'd hate having to put on my law suit in my free time.

#431 Wed, Dec19 2018 12:24am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huom ... so once again ... I want to express my very serious anger and disappointment about these extremely poor MZ-releases again ... I tried again to cope with some of those jigsaw-puzzles again today ... hruom ... before I start a new thread here about these desasterous developments I would like to ask, if any one here can help me ... huom ... that means, er, has anybody around here tried to assemble that Lorien boat, that Rohir minstrel or that Dwarven scribe ???? .... maybe I'm alone with all my extremely bad experiences having tried to do that .... grrrrrrrrrru°uOOooommm .... that's why I'm asking ... huomm ...

Master Barliman? ... er, a small cask of my favourite drink please - together with a new clean bowl ... hom ... coiny things? ...  you will receive them immediately, of course, after I have have tasted the liquid in that cask ... huom ...

#432 Wed, Dec19 2018 7:24am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

A whole cask? Well OK, but remember what happened last time...

I'm afraid I can't help you with your assembly problems, because I've already gone one step beyond you and stopped buying any MZ figures that look like they're made of more than two pieces. Even the two-piece (horse and rider or separate torso) figures I've bought over the past 12 months have necessitated more filing / shaping than I've been used to with Mithril, so no thanks! Life's too short already, and I can do without the frustration...

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#433 Wed, Dec19 2018 9:03am

cameosis
Master of Languages

it seems the increase in price is inseparably linked with a decrease in quality ...

#434 Wed, Dec19 2018 10:18am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Counterintuitive though it seems, you are right alas.

#435 Wed, Dec19 2018 1:36pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoomm ... yes, Master Barliman, a cask is what I asked for ... huom ... I'm a tree, you know, not just some dandelion that needs less water than me ... huom ... though sometimes I also feel like a lion .... rhuôm ... I am in need of that quantity because I have to drown my frustration about that company from the Emerald Island .... huom ...

well, I'm afraid there are just a few - if there are any - customers still left who dare and succeed to assemble and prime those MZ- figures appropriately ... huom ... not all of those figures, just those I mentioned before ... huomtidomm ... last night I spent many hours trying to assemble all those 8 parts (that all did not fit well at all - to put it nicely) of that Dwarven scribe ... rhUuomm ... hom ... let's just say that my skills in doing something like that seem to be declining massively .... hommmmmm ... yes indeed, life's too short to be frustated about such minor matters, Master Barliman ... hoommhuom ...

Master Cameosis, you're definitely right with your last comment ... so, gentlemen, let's share the rest of what's left in my cask ... huom ... cheers

#436 Wed, Dec19 2018 4:10pm

hsf62
Master Caster

It seems the short MZ certainly doesn't stand for Meister Zinn (master pewter)!sad
Well, I cant say because I don't have any of the MZ so far... . maybe I should keep it that way. Some are tempting....

lets have a nice scrumpy in the meantime while contemplating.....wink

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#437 Wed, Dec19 2018 11:42pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoomm ... there's some liquid left in the hogshead I bought from Master Barliman, so just join in Holger ... huom ... ? ... well, I would have been rather surprised if you had bought one of those MZs, Master Caster ... huom ... to find out about that is why I started to ask about that here (in public) - I wonder how many people do not buy or collect those MZs ... huom ... well, our extremely small community here cannot be representative .... rhuommm ...

#438 Thu, Dec20 2018 4:58am

hsf62
Master Caster

Cheers Master Theobald! As you know Master tree, I don't collect, I just buy the minis I like. That it would be with the MZ654 Ranger with hawk. I was a bit in a shock when I saw Master Thingols rating re the MZ figs. But well, the next 50% sale will come and I can decide then. lol

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#439 Thu, Dec20 2018 11:02am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Actually, I compared MS437 Halbarad, Northern Ranger and LR21 The Watcher at Sarn Ford with MZ654 Ranger with hawk (btw. this figure was my suggestion) and I realized that this MZ figure is unbelievably poor with details. I did not expect this from the MZ project. Under the all circumstances 3D printing should improve details made on miniatures. It looks like Chris Tubb did made much more better figures by hand than some of those new produced with software.

By the way I'm completely agree with master Tree... Dwarven scribe is beautiful miniature but very complicated for assembling and also the awesome Rohir minstrel but it is unnecessary cutted into a three pieces....

Last edited by Thingol (Thu, Dec20 2018 8:09pm)

#440 Thu, Dec20 2018 11:03am

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

hsf62 wrote:

But well, the next 50% sale will come and I can decide then. lol

50% decreased price is proper price for such a figure... Cheers....

#441 Thu, Dec20 2018 5:17pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Thanks for the info Master Thingol. Normally I like it when figures are cast in more then one piece, because you (I) can use bits and pieces for other figs....wink
But so far I havent seen any parts of the minis. the only thing is that plastic look of the preview we get for the MZ! Very ugly indeed. sad
One could think Mithril sells resin cast if you have a look on the website....

Last edited by hsf62 (Thu, Dec20 2018 5:19pm)

#442 Fri, Dec21 2018 7:22pm

cameosis
Master of Languages

if they put a little effort into it, they could make the preview look like a primed metal miniature ...

#443 Sat, Dec22 2018 12:40am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

huoomm ... I thought a lot about how to support the criticism you shared, Master Cameosis ... huom ... I really ever did like sarcasm very much ... rhuom ... and still do ... huooomm ...

#444 Sat, Dec22 2018 3:20pm

hsf62
Master Caster

The problem with a lot of things re Mithril is: "There is NO effort!"sad

#445 Sun, Dec23 2018 5:31pm

Mornedhel
Traveller

hsf62 wrote:

The problem with a lot of things re Mithril is: "There is NO effort!"sad

The main issue is always the same... Money. Efforts cost a lot and for years Mithril has not been viable at all.

A big scrumpy tonight before Christmas Eve with my spouse family :-/

Last edited by Mornedhel (Sun, Dec23 2018 5:33pm)

#446 Sun, Dec23 2018 10:52pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Very true Master Mornedhel! The main issue is always money no matter what it concerns. A real shame it is and very sadening at the same time! Thats the way we are brought up. Money money and more money!

#447 Mon, Dec24 2018 12:46am

mindx2
Collector

I hope all of you have a Merry Christmas with your loved ones! A round for all my good Barliman!!

#448 Mon, Dec24 2018 1:12am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

... huoooommm ... not everything is about coiny-things I do hope, but sometimes one has to face facts - except you have better facts to provide (the better ones are always more appreciated, meseems) - huo°ooomm ... there's much more in life that sometimes does matter more than than those shiny metal pieces ... gruûoommm ... yes, indeed, Master Mindx2, I would like to join into wishing all the regulars around here - not forgetting those who are here by accident - huom ... sorry, I nearly forgot the staff-team around here .... er ... ? what I just wanted to say is to wish everybody around here a very Happy Christmas ... huom ... next round is on me, as there are not that many people around here ... hom ... it's more expensive when it get's crowded here, you know .... OH°Uooommm-ti domm, and kloppe di klopp - rhûOomm ... cheers (with a slight smile on my face) ...

#449 Mon, Dec24 2018 5:21am

Mornedhel
Traveller

On the Eve of Christmas and still Yule, I wish all of you a nice and fairy evening and night

#450 Mon, Dec24 2018 11:27pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Merry Christmas, Yuletide, whatever your beliefs, and whoever your god or gods wink

And just to put me in the Christmas spirit I assembled the dwarven scribe earlier, and while I do not share all the criticisms levelled at the MZ figures, this was a bl**dy fiddly job - had to have a good drink afterwards roll

Board footer