Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Tue, Jan29 2008 7:40am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Scrumpy all round!

Well, so this is where that scamp Nob was hiding! Many thanks to Gildor for feeding and watering him while we were out on the street awaiting things being fixed up in here. That Gildor's a good fellow, and has done us proud. He even found me a proper capital 'B' for the spelling of my name - no more of that half-uncial stuff for me!

And now we can even have numerous different topics running in such a way as I don't get them all mixed up. Well, I'll still get them mixed up, but at least now I won't have any excuse for it.

And I won't even have to keep redecorating rooms and moving bottles ana barrels every hundred message or so. But I may have to do a lot more reading.

In the meantime, all hail the Elf Gildor - a good lad for someone out of the Wild (even if no good is usually heard about such folk). We owe him a lot, and I and my love of coiny things are both grateful to him.

All we need now are the wargskin rugs. They set out yesterday, Anyone seen them?

Last edited by Barliman (Tue, Jan29 2008 7:42am)

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#2 Tue, Jan29 2008 7:41am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Re: Scrumpy all round!

Hey, what's with this 'lost traveller' description? I live here!

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#3 Tue, Jan29 2008 8:27am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Well you are no more my dear Barli, now you have found your way home wink

oh and concerning the matter of reading, now that your account is created I will grant you the moderators privilege over all this forum. Besides I do not plan to makes hundreds of forums, the Chambers of Mandos are here to discuss the overal aspects of what we should create. Then we will rather use threads than lots of forums.

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#4 Tue, Jan29 2008 12:53pm

hsf62
Master Caster

There was a light in the dark. It was about time to light th candels in the pony, so I could find my way back. Many thanks to Master Gildor. Very much apreciated!
Regarding the warg skin rugs... I had this funny smell in my nose before I arrived here in the pony. It can't take long for them to arrive including the tree attached to it.

Last edited by hsf62 (Tue, Jan29 2008 1:13pm)

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#5 Tue, Jan29 2008 3:26pm

Wendy
Slowest Painter Ever
Website

Thanks for the swanky place, Gildor.  smile

#6 Tue, Jan29 2008 4:02pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huuooommmmm ... rhuoomm... isn't that fantastic ... isn't that marvellous ... isn't that wonderful ... isn't that unbelievable ... isn't that great ... huommm ... and so on.
First of all I have to pass on my very special thanks to Master Gildor ... huommm ... though I don't know what might happen to an Elf being embraced and hugged by an Ent .... rhuommm ... so I might better join in Master Barliman's toast  "All hail the Elf Gildor!!!"
Alas, well, huooom, yes Master Hsf62 was right ... I met him on the way here ... huoommm. Here are the wargskins .... poohh ... still unpacked ... as first of all I would like to have a bowl of clear clean ... well you know, I mean that honey-coloured water, please.
It's very comfortable in here and it's nice to see the old regulars calling in by now huuuooooooom
This gives me a very good feeling ..... huoommmm .... I simply enjoy at the moment .........

#7 Tue, Jan29 2008 4:07pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Ah, good, the rugs at last. They add that final touch of quality to the establishment! I'll get Nob to nail them to the floor so that they don't start creeping about again.

And now, Master Tree, what about that rumour you hinted at?

#8 Tue, Jan29 2008 6:37pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huooommmmm .... oh my goodness, Master Barliman ... can't you please be patient for a while ... rhuoommm ... I told you that the rumour was wrapped in those wargskins, didn't I?  huoommm ... so in case your obedient Nob has managed to nail those wargskins to the floor by now ... as you, Master Barliman asked him to do ..... rhuoommm ... that rumour now might be exactly between floor and wargskins; being nailed closely  ... alas .... huommm ... I promised to
provide that rumour in the new 'Pony' ... rhuooommm ... I really did. But then I couldn't know that impatience drives a must trusted and most appreciated barkeep to order one of his most unreliable helpers/servants (though he does not serve a lot though I imagine what serves him best) to nail that rumour between floor and skin ... .huooommmm ... you should never be that hasty in matters you're not familiar with .... rhuooommmm .... so what can I do now?
Rip off those rotten wargskins and damage the new shiny floorboards? ..... huoommm ... oh, hmmm ... by the way, did Nob find anything between those skins? ...
I did all I could to move that rumour from our last Pony to this place ..... huoommm ... I even wrapped it in wargskins - just to hide it, of course.... huommm ... that's why hsf62 was able to overtake me on the way here .... though he had an idea about this  .... rhuommmm ... and in the end you let it nail to the floor .... sorry .... well, what I could do is simply try to remember what the rumour was about ..... huooommmm .... so we don't have to damage the floor of this very nice new place right at the beginning ..... huooommmm ... what do you think about this, Master Barliman? .... a bit of less haste could help, methinks. Please tell me. Hom.

#9 Tue, Jan29 2008 6:55pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huooommm .... I just saw that the Man in the dark has also found this place ... welcome. Huoomm ... maybe he has been here all the time and we just were not aware of him ... rhuoommm who knows ... huoommm ... as I do not want to get on your nerves  I have to quit now ..... huoommm but will be back later on, in case our barkeep has settled the problem with those skins smile smile <--- ey, look there are icons provided .... Hail Gildor!

#10 Tue, Jan29 2008 6:56pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

You tell me what the rumour looks like and I'll get Nob to ferret it out (as we say in Bree).

How do you feel about being called a 'Lost Traveller', by the way? You ought to ask that nice Elf fellow to change your byline to 'Unhasty Ent'. And if I ask him nicely, perhaps he'll change mine to say 'Innkeeper rather than 'Inkeeper'. After all, I'm sometimes out rather than in.

#11 Tue, Jan29 2008 8:01pm

Nob
The in(n)famous Keeper

*Nob arrives with some nails and a little hammer*
I'm here master Butterburr! *puff puff* You called for me? Iam ready to nail down those wargskins smile

Oh and gentlemen, please, remember that the inn has grown larger now, there are several rooms for your commodity, don't hesitate (I even encourage you) to explore them all (ie : create several threads rather than a single astronomically long one smile

I'll check Gildor as soon as possible so that he can fix your titles! Oh and a mail arrived for all of you to read apparently, a certain mister... Mandos (anybody knows who this could be) asked for replies to announces he has passed to you all it seems. I don't know what it means but the letter was adorned  with a very strange and good looking seal, the paper is soooo smooth, that would make a great handkerchief!
(ie. suggestions and answers most welcome on the forum "Chambers of Mandos" )

#12 Tue, Jan29 2008 9:29pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huooommmm .... what to answer first - Master Barliman?
Rhuoommm ... first of all methinks you kept Nob from nailing the skins to the floor ... huoom.
that's good for a start or re-start as far as restoring places is concerned .... rhuoommm so you might mind in future ...
Rhuoommm ... before I return to this matter I would rather ask you to change that  byline "wisest of"  .... rhuoommm ... as Ents cannot be bribed ... rhuoomm ...huoommm .. there are some among us who are much more wiser still than me, so that wouldn't fit me and I would really not be called likewise... rhuoommm ... thank you, Master Barliman.
The place has grown larger ... yes I do appreciate very much ... no more bending heads in here ... Rhuooommm ... thanks to Gildor Inglorion ... good guy he is.
Rhhoommmm .... I nearly forgot ... that rumour carried among all those wargskins turns out to be a fact by now ... rhuooommmhuooommmm ... it's about .... Nob, stop that nailing please at once! .... the way he placed the nails reads: new MX this year .... rhuoommm ... something strange about that Nob, methinks .... rhuooommm

#13 Tue, Jan29 2008 10:32pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Well the new place does look nice, though I'm sure it will be back to normal before long. So many thanks Gildor, no more wandering in the Wilderness without a warm fire and a flagon of ale to sup, and tales to be told!

#14 Tue, Jan29 2008 10:52pm

presto247365
Adventurer

Well, I'll just have a nice pint and take a look around the new place!  It's good to be home!

#15 Wed, Jan30 2008 12:22am

hsf62
Master Caster

I didn't know Nob can write. Is there a number with the text? Maybe new MX463???

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#16 Wed, Jan30 2008 7:39am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Sorry, Master Tree, 'wisest Ent' has nothing to do with me - it is Master Gildor who considers you very wise indeed, and with good reason regarding matters of Mithril.

#17 Wed, Jan30 2008 10:31am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Well Master ent, actually, I do think you are the wisest of ents all around anyway. Maybe Fangorn is wiser than you but I have never met him actually. So I considered that, at the Inn, you should be the wisest of the Onodrim race smile

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#18 Wed, Jan30 2008 10:50am

hsf62
Master Caster

Well, I'm not lost anymore... Can I chose another name too?

#19 Wed, Jan30 2008 12:33pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Of course , just let me know what name you'd like to have smile besides, Barliman has now the ability to put titles to members smile

#20 Wed, Jan30 2008 1:39pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Titels are ok, as long as Barli doesn't call the members names!lol

#21 Wed, Jan30 2008 2:39pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Ah, I may have the authority to give out titles, but I can't see where to do it! Can you email me with instructions, Master Gildor? I suspect I'm looking in the wrong place!

#22 Wed, Jan30 2008 2:46pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Hi Ian, it's not always good to know to much.

#23 Wed, Jan30 2008 2:54pm

presto247365
Adventurer

Do we get lands with said title's??  It's all so very foreign to us poor sods across the Atlantic.

#24 Wed, Jan30 2008 3:00pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

It's very sad that you should have been born on the wrong side of the Pond, but your DVDs and CDs are much cheaper so don't complain.

#25 Wed, Jan30 2008 4:28pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huooommmm ... what's this hassle about? .... rhuoommm ... what are titles by the way? ... instead trying to give out those obscure titles, Master Barliman, you might better take your time to hand out one more bowl of that liquid I prefer ... rhuoommm ... so we might relax for a while and consider the suggestions Master Gildor made to extend this site according to good old MMP times .... huooommm ... so far there have been quite some changes ... all of us should take the time to get accustomed to these developments .... rhuoommm .... but why haste?

Board footer