Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#51 Mon, Feb4 2008 3:54pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Re: Scrumpy all round!

Huuooommmm ...Yes, I think so .... huomm ... though I know that she really likes the Rohirrim very much ... hom

#52 Mon, Feb4 2008 4:21pm

Wendy
Slowest Painter Ever
Website

Ah, Eowyn is the avatar over at Mithril.  On MMP, I never actually had a custom avatar over at MMP, I had just asked Marc to put a few woman avatars and I'd pick one of 'em.

I must admit I'm partial to Rohirrim (and their horses), but I'm not blond.  I have an idea...though I might change it from time to time.  cool

#53 Mon, Feb4 2008 4:30pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huuooommmmmm ... that's a nice one ... ahem, but is it still correct to address you Mistress Wendy? ..... huooommm
Huom .... sorry, but well ... yes ... so to say ... to be honest ... ahem ... I'm in a hurry (alas!). That bunch of corsairs just arrived, calling me names and want to be unblistered ... lousy pack
huoommmm ... sorry

#54 Mon, Feb4 2008 4:37pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Lucky Tree. Mine haven't got here yet.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#55 Mon, Feb4 2008 4:53pm

Wendy
Slowest Painter Ever
Website

Theobald wrote:

Huuooommmmmm ... that's a nice one ... ahem, but is it still correct to address you Mistress Wendy?

Certainly.  You may call me whatever you wish.  Ents are quite cordial, after all.  smile

I wonder if someone at Mithril read the stuff on MMP about the painting contest?  Oh well, saves me a lot of work.  I'll see how this goes and pitch a larger contest later if all goes well.  They did make it tempting to enter, didn't they?  Maybe I'll give it a try, but first, I must complete a certain chess set about which someone has been most patient, then think about ordering some corsairs.

#56 Mon, Feb4 2008 5:55pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huuooommmm .... as far as I know Master ddaines is planning to paint some corsairs .... ahem ... shouldn't it have read  "if someone at MMP read the stuff on Mithril about the painting contest"? ... I guess ... huommmm ... Well, Mistress Wendy, you're one who also has to take part in that .... rhuoommm

#57 Tue, Feb5 2008 5:37pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Huooommmmmrhuooooommmm ... Master Barliman, wouldn't it be appropriate by now to change the name of this very thread "Scrumpy all around" to something else? Maybe simply "The Prancing Pony" (a second time) .... huoommm .... of course I don't want to criticize, but sometimes I get lost here trying to find the old (!) Pony ... huommm .... unless you expanded that place that much intending to produce a maze ... huommm ... you know running around between all those rooms there and back again could make an old Ent a bit tired .... huooom. .... So, is this the place where bowls of clear clean water can be purchased and where in the past rumours were spread and facts were provided? ... huoommmm ....or do I again have to move elsewhere .... alas, not even the beams are at the same level around here  ... outch ...

#58 Tue, Feb5 2008 5:47pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

According to the fact the Prancing Pony is an inn... and that it now has many... rooms... I thought it could become.. "The Gathering Hall" or "Main Room", or something like that....

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#59 Tue, Feb5 2008 6:46pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Ah, these old trees are such traditionalists. But I know what Theobald means: the old MMP Pony was a sprawling place where anything could be voiced withour worrying about whether you were in the right place. I shall therefore shut the 'Scrumpy All Round' topic down and start a new thread for all such wide-ranging duscussions. The best place for it would obviously be the taproom, so we'll reconveve there.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#60 Tue, Feb5 2008 6:48pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

but you can simply rename the "scrumpy all round" instead of creating a new thread if you like smile

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#61 Tue, Feb5 2008 6:54pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

No, it's tidier if we begin a new thread. My patrons can still refer to this one if they need to.

Board footer