Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Mon, Nov23 2015 2:32pm

orc
Adventurer

Mithril Wargame

Hi Guys!!!

I want to make you a proposal....some people here in this forum...we like mithril's miniatures to play, probably not to many...but.,,,Why no't make ours own skirmish/wargame to play with mithril miniatures???? (or other brands)  I know, Mithril has some restrictions....about license...but this can be something...do it from us....something free.

Here has to many people with nice skills,so if you like can suport the project in different ways like for expample....some people can provide with draws..... another can write the background for the different factions....we can supply some dioramas and miniatures photos..so....we can do something.....made from us....

What do you thing????????? big_smile

Last edited by orc (Mon, Nov23 2015 2:32pm)

Click to close

#2 Tue, Nov24 2015 11:36am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Re: Mithril Wargame

Hi Master orc. On my side, I do not play wargames. If needed, I can help on dioramas for gamers. This could be good fun.

Last edited by Milo (Tue, Nov24 2015 11:36am)

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#3 Tue, Nov24 2015 7:40pm

Maenas
Traveller

I think it would be a lot easier if you just limit yourself to make an adaptation or a "mod" for an existing wargaming rulebook.

I had listened very good critique from Saga and l'art de la guerre that way you won't have to deal with a huge ruling system, just adapt an existing one to middle earth armies..... I just want to mention that I did not played those games, although long time ago I played a bit of DBM and DBA (less than 10 games, more than 15 years ago) xD

Also I would like to remark that I do not play with my mithrils, neither I like the "army style" of the mithril miniatures, because I find them boring. Not talking about your work or arthadan's (or others) here which in exchange I found pretty interesting and appealing.

Oh there was also a Middle earth game played by mail, in turns, in which you controlled a realm or faction, I always wanted to take part in it, but never did because of time ad other issues. It managed battles too, but I do not know how it did it. Incorporating the possibility to play from the distance could be a nice addition.

Just throwing in some ideas ^^

Sry Thingol, I was writing and editing my post and did not saw yours. tongue

Last edited by Maenas (Tue, Nov24 2015 7:53pm)

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#4 Tue, Nov24 2015 7:47pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

I think the idea is interesting, but enough free time... uuuuuhhh .... this is a little bit complicated to me in the moment...

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#5 Wed, Nov25 2015 1:27pm

orc
Adventurer

Master Milo: Thanks you always to kind!!!wink
Master Thingol: don't worry if you don't have time now....but your opinions and ideas....are helpfully too
Master Maenas: Thanks for your comments and sugestions....as you say  ...The best way  ....is update a existing wargaming rulebook.....I listen about Saga too but never play.....more recomendations are welcome..... ideas about posible games to use like a base ?

Click to close

#6 Wed, Nov25 2015 6:01pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Again not a wargamer/role-player in any way shape or form (strange folk wink lol) and time would be the major factor for me regarding any form of diorama work (I can't seem to find time for my own stuff cool), so I have to use a quote from the investors in a programme called The Dragon's Den, and say, "I'm out".

But good luck anyway wink

#7 Wed, Dec2 2015 12:48am

orc
Adventurer

Dear All

I should cancel the proposal because there are very few interested people!!!thanks very much for your comments!!!smile

Click to close

#8 Wed, Dec2 2015 8:00am

Maenas
Traveller

Sorry to hear that.. It seems we are too few lately...maybe on mithril forums.... But I relly think you can play saga or lart de la guerre with mithril mi iatures... Perhaps basing needs some adaptation but it should work.

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#9 Wed, Dec2 2015 8:12pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

It will be better in next century rollmad

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#10 Thu, Dec10 2015 4:25pm

Arthadan
Traveller

I'd say the Advanced Song of Blades and Heroes ruleset is the way to go, Master Orc.

It's easy to learn and fast and fun to play plus you can personalise the profiles of your miniatures because it has a "online builder" (basically you design the profile you want, selecting stats scores and adding skills and it will calculate the point cost).

It has very handy skills when it comes to a Middle-earth setting such a terrible shriek some powerful undead can use to terrorize their enemies, monstruous cavalry (that would be wargs), rules for a big creature carrying normal-sized warriors (mûmakil) and so on.

Last edited by Arthadan (Fri, Dec11 2015 9:52am)

To mortal fields say farewell,
Middle-earth forsaking!
In Elvenhome a clear bell
in the high tower is shaking.

#11 Sat, Dec12 2015 4:11am

orc
Adventurer

Thanks Very much Master Arthadan!!! I will take a look!!big_smile

Last edited by orc (Sat, Dec12 2015 4:31am)

Click to close

#12 Mon, Dec14 2015 8:13am

Arthadan
Traveller

You're welcome Master Orc!

i played a game yesterday and I'm quite happy with the rules, works very well for skirmish.

For bigger scale games, I'd recommend either Dragon Rampant by Osprey (here you are a review), or Saga Dark Ages by Gripping Beasts (with the unofficial LotR mod).

To mortal fields say farewell,
Middle-earth forsaking!
In Elvenhome a clear bell
in the high tower is shaking.

Board footer