Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#301 Thu, Jul5 2018 1:06pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Re: Mithril and the Fellowships Chronology

Alas I haven't ordered mine yet - a shortage of funds is getting in the way! I shall have to be patient. It certainly looks good in its pictures.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#302 Fri, Jul6 2018 9:19pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

mindx2 wrote:

I think the Watcher is a great piece!! I received my two a few days ago and am very impressed with Master Tubb's sculpt. Also it's quite heavy!!

Chunks of metal they are indeed and I echo your comments Master mindx2, it is a very nice piece, which CT has interpreted well.

#303 Sat, Jul7 2018 8:17am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

hello there folks... soon holidays for me (on july 27th) and I MAY have at last some time to work again on those chronology of suggestions . I promise I'll keep it up to date smile

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#304 Sat, Jul7 2018 8:24am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Enjoy the break, Master Elf. I don't know if I should wish you good weather or not - we're sick of all the blistering heat here in Bree and if anything would dearly like some rain! Anyway, hope you have a good rest and whatever weather you want wherever you are!

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#305 Sat, Jul7 2018 12:22pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Well I received the watchers today and I was a bit surprised. I ordered two actually, but one of them was the "n°1" (marked both on blister and engraved below the base).

As far as I remember it's Barliman who suggested it. Did you receive a n°1 too master innkeeper or did Mithril made a mistake in sending them ?

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#306 Sat, Jul7 2018 12:42pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Haven't ordered mine yet (see above - no cash!), and I didn't receive the No.1 of the last figure I "won" either!

#307 Fri, Aug10 2018 9:32am

Milo
The Attic Warden

I just added last 2018 releases MZ652 & MZ653 in database;

I feel new mithril web site looks terrible. I guess it's just a starting point but it lacks so many minis & information....hmm

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#308 Fri, Aug10 2018 10:21am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Agree re aesthetics of new website, but it's early days yet - i don't think Michael has actually finished.

#309 Fri, Aug10 2018 4:05pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Where is my sword.... have to cut down a orc (godguijhfg) running wild!

Last edited by hsf62 (Fri, Aug10 2018 4:07pm)

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#310 Fri, Aug10 2018 11:08pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Well, as for that new website I will give a comment on that. But, as Master Barliman said, it might be a bit to early at the moment. Master O'Brien said he hasn't finished yet.
But I already have a very strong need again to comment on the pictures of those MZ-figures, as my anger has not been declining.
I will also need more time to see what you called "re aesthetics", Master Barliman.

#311 Sun, Aug12 2018 8:01am

Maenas
Traveller

Hoping its just because it's too an early stage, but I do not like what I see on the new website. At the moment looks older than than the old version xD
Hope Michael fiddles around with a nice new template and set of styles... his programmer background is really showing up at the moment. It really needs a visual revamp now.

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#312 Sun, Aug12 2018 2:30pm

mindx2
Collector

I agree. It's hard to even really know where to look for figures or the different ranges. Maybe I just got used to the old site and this one will eventually grow on me... after it improves over time.

#313 Sun, Aug12 2018 2:35pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

honestly, I find it absolutly not ergonomic at all... to mmuch useless space, not easy to navigate... this site is clearly meant for tablets but for regular computers with wide screens absolutly not good... sad

well... one has to do with what is provided sad

#314 Sun, Aug12 2018 8:34pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Yes, whatever form it resolves into it's what we'll have to work with. I don't imagine Michael will want to do it all again. Personally I dont have a tablet, iPad or whatever, but viewing the site on Mrs B's 'device' I see what you mean.

#315 Wed, Aug15 2018 11:41pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

I cannot understand why there still are no pictures of real figures provided. I think those "sceenshots" (or what is it they take instead of photos?) do not reveil what you receive when you've ordered a figure. Since the start of that MZ-series I am still very much annoyed about that matter. Maybe there is no time (interest?) to assemble and prime those releases at the company to take a photograph.
Er, sorry,  that I am among those who regard this "development" very critically as I have become more and more disappointed.

#316 Thu, Aug16 2018 1:10am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Have you raised this very significant point with Mithril? Their computer-generated images may be easier to peroduce, but they bear little similarity to the actual figure(s). I actually find them to be very discouraging.

#317 Thu, Aug16 2018 3:38pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

New website is better than the last one.. but for my taste still not good enough... I'm completely agree with Master Ent.... this sceenshots of new MZ figures are completely stupid... also one good characteristic on this web site is possibility to see pictures of miniatures in better resolution... I also hope that on web site will be possible to see again all old fellowship miniatures...

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#318 Fri, Aug17 2018 12:26am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Well, Master Barliman, I complained about other matters already. That was the lack in the fitting of parts (caused by assembling the Snowtroll accordingly). After that Lars [after Michael O'Brien passed my complaint on to Lars] granted me a free figure after he asked me for a detailed explanation for my, as he called it, positive criticism, which of course I passed on to him. I think that was very generous as a reaction to criticism.
By now (after that latest Lorien Boat-massacre) I'm afraid that I witness a massive lack between MZ-"sculpting" and the craftsmanship to make a mould for those obviously randomly cut pieces .... a sitting figure should be able to be casted (as in the good-old Prancing Pony series) without cutting off both legs and some parts of any arms ... alas ... the idea and concept of that boat was a good idea (as I can guess) ... but why spoil it that way? ...
Er, Master Barliman, once again I was a bit talkative ... sorry. But's not the Pony here.

Here, with this topic about criticism about "MZ"s, I don't have to mention the loss of the characteristical appearance of Mithril-figures with some, let us call it "some grey primer" again.
Yes, indeed, it was the fact that the new website does not even provide any new pictures of the assembled figures (as there seem to be none) as they are.
Sorry, Master Barliman, I don't feel like the one who is always complaining and criticising, because that's not me. But ...

#319 Fri, Aug17 2018 6:08am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Don't apologise, Master Tree. I agree with everything you've said. Trouble is, I don't see a solution. Ah, yes I do - please, Mithril, abadon this "printing" nonasense and go back to "proper" sculpting and casting!

#320 Fri, Aug17 2018 2:24pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Thank you, Master Barliman. - Indeed - I also cannot see a solution for this negative development. That's why I don't want to complain again directly to Mithril. Obviously someone (?) isn't realizing racing faster and faster into a dead end street for years now.

Er, what I forgot to mention yesterday (just to top my criticism only a little bit):
Since Mithril decided to reduce the production down to just MS(now MZ)-releases some time ago and with that abandonned the concept of the "original" M-series (which always has been another significant characteristic of the Mithril brand) any kind of coherance between the new releases is definitely gone for good. The idea of releasing a series of about 10 figures being related to a certain topic once kept that coherance (e.g. "The Prancing Pony", and all the others).
Now we see "new" (?) suggestions by members every month again and again. So the result simply is that we face a randomly
produced assembly of figures (MS/MZ). Then, if we're lucky, we have a Christmas figure each year, about which Master Tubb decides alone.
Sorry, I had to add this today just to complete my criticism.

#321 Fri, Aug17 2018 3:03pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Quite right too.

I notice that there's never any "official" response to suggestions or requests for ten-figure (well, "tennish-figure") ranges. Do we have to suppose from this lsck of response or, apparently, interest that such ranges are now entirely defunct? I vaguely recall that there were some encouraging positive remarks towards the possibility of figure-range releases about a year ago, or is that my imagination? (I admit I've been drinking the scrumpy again...)

#322 Fri, Aug17 2018 4:00pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Master Barliman I have been drinking scrumpy too, but we must have the same weard imagination...lol
The problem is that the GF aways decides every month for a figure out of the blue and it doesn't fit the figure from the month before or after... So there will be no figure-range..... hmm
What our Master Ent is talking about, I only can agree regarding the pics. The figures look like plastic crap and through that printing the details like bows, swords and all of this nitty gritty becomes square! I havent bought one MZ so far and I think there isn't one looking right eighter. A real shame! sad
Please go back to ordinary sculpting! big_smile I think thats in the price included they charge for a figure, because I haven't seen the MZ getting cheaper in comparison to the MS!

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#323 Fri, Aug17 2018 4:50pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Good point re price. Also, I haven't seen other miniature manufacturers flocking to change to MZ-style figure "printing".

#324 Fri, Aug17 2018 5:44pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Thank you both, gentlemen, your comments are very much appreciated as I thought before that I had become crazy (without scrumpy) judging about this development within the last ... er ... two years ?
... and yes, of course I forgot to mention that "problem" about the price for each figure (did I ?).
For those who still remember: Just compare the old relation of the price for a single M-release to that of an MS/MZ realease (which also has risen time after time) in days long ago. - I am aware of the fact that prices went up worldwide for everything year after year, as we all are. But for these exclusive new MZ-figures I tend to expect a golden priming.
Sorry, it's me, the angry tree.

#325 Fri, Aug17 2018 7:38pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Love the angry tree!lollollol
But the truth must be spoken!

Board footer