You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Thu, Mar4 2021 9:38am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

official/unofficial and released/unreleased warbands

Hi all,

I'm writing to have some feedback from you all.

As you all know, there are two released (no more available) "warbands" in Mithril history (MW336 and MW337)

There are also two unreleased warbands due to licence issues but which were "scheduled" and test casted (MW346 and MW347)

Now over the years and since 2005 more precisely, Mithril has released thematic single references composing an army... and at times there have been "promotional offers" to buy a bunch of them with a precise quantity for a limited time.

There is MPACK1 (Lossanarch Army),   MPACK2 (Corsairs of Umbar) and lately  MPACK3 (Knights of Dol Amroth)
each of them consists of a lot of previously individual releases but in certain quantities in order to "build" an army... and the last one MPACK3 (and apparently MPACK2 too)  is even released in a dedicated box with a sticker indicated the SKU reference.

Do you think it pertinent to reference those "MPACK" in the database? since those are a bit like the MCD releases which are compilations of MC releases (themselves recast of the original ones...)

Thank you for your feedback

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#2 Thu, Mar4 2021 4:23pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Re: official/unofficial and released/unreleased warbands

I think that those releases don't have to be listed in the database as there are no new figures. Yes, a bit like the MC releases.

#3 Fri, Mar5 2021 7:27am

Mornedhel
Traveller

Good morning and coffee

Any packaging format would be included in the reference list.
Just my opinion

#4 Fri, Mar5 2021 2:18pm

Gerold
Adventurer

Good question.
I think it's not a matter of new figures in the release or not. Number MB236 (The Hobbit) was also a release of already existing figures (M227-235) and so was MB237 (The Fellowship) which was a reprise of the figures M123-129. But those 'box' numbers have to be in the database if you don't want to leave a gap in it.

The MPACK numbers form a range on their own, so no problem of leaving a gap if you don't list them. On the other side: if you don't list them, it's like they never have existed. I think it could be interesting for collectors at least to know one could order those figures as an 'army set', and certainly if you got them in a special dedicated box (for Dol Amroth it was a cardboard box and for the Corsairs it was the classic 'Warband' plastic kit, with a picture, printed on paper, of a group of Corsairs fixed on the kit with tape). The Lossarnach figures just came loose in the usual blisters.

So I would say: yes, add them to the list. As you already know I'm a fan of Warbands smile

#5 Sun, Mar7 2021 6:53pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

the MPACK, besides the packaging and blisters are also a given "quantity" of army.
Each MPACK has a strict same quantity of certain references in them in order to "build" an army (based on a choice of quantity made by Mithril company of course) but that is an information, in addition to the name of the ref that could be useful

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

Board footer