You are not logged in.

Announcement

#201 Thu, Sep8 2022 11:40am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Re: THE TAPROOM 5

Hello Ian... this post brought tears to me... I don't know what to say sad

(I forwarded your post to the new forum as this one is here for "archive purpose" but is no more the official one )

I wish you well my friend, may you find happiness in what life still has to offer you, and mrs B too...

Namárië! Nai hiruvalyë Valimar.
Nai elyë hiruva. Namárië!

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#202 Thu, Sep8 2022 4:35pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Barliman wrote:

A FOND FAREWELL

As some of you have doubtless noticed, I have been absent from The Pony off and on for some time.

This has been the inevitable consequence of several medical crises over the past couple of years - not just Covid, alas: my Prostate Cancer has meanwhile progressed into my spine. This is, needless to say, a bit of a bugger.

I have yet to start on my new medication, so I'm uncertain regarding what impact this will eventually have on my schedule for sailing into the West. Though I'm not planning to go anywhare just yet, I'm anticipating that my remaining time here in Arda may be somewhat compromised (did I say this is a bit of a bugger?), and I still have a horrible number of little lead men left to paint. I've therefore decided that my remaining time should be devoted to Mrs B., me, and my Mithrils.

So, have a good life, all of you. I did.

With best regards to so many of you, but in particular Master Gildor and Dieter the Tree,
Barliman / Ian.

Ian/Barliman,

If you do pop in again, that news is to say the least ‘A bit of a bugger’ 😥 . It’s so very sad to hear this update on your health and I can only hope that the 'Passage to the West' will be long delayed.

Should we not speak again here on Arda, I thank you for your many conversations, suggestions, and above all the (mostly) well-running of this establishment.

Take care, and when the 'White gulls call', may your journey be a peaceful one.

David

#203 Thu, Sep8 2022 6:49pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Barliman wrote:

A FOND FAREWELL

As some of you have doubtless noticed, I have been absent from The Pony off and on for some time.

This has been the inevitable consequence of several medical crises over the past couple of years - not just Covid, alas: my Prostate Cancer has meanwhile progressed into my spine. This is, needless to say, a bit of a bugger.

I have yet to start on my new medication, so I'm uncertain regarding what impact this will eventually have on my schedule for sailing into the West. Though I'm not planning to go anywhare just yet, I'm anticipating that my remaining time here in Arda may be somewhat compromised (did I say this is a bit of a bugger?), and I still have a horrible number of little lead men left to paint. I've therefore decided that my remaining time should be devoted to Mrs B., me, and my Mithrils.

So, have a good life, all of you. I did.

With best regards to so many of you, but in particular Master Gildor and Dieter the Tree,
Barliman / Ian.

Every moment is difficult if a person does not have enough strength to say goodbye to all the beauties that were part of his love in this world.

In the time you have left, it doesn't matter if you want to walk further in the crowd of passers-by. It doesn't matter if you want to be visible or unnoticed. Fast or slow. Funny or clumsy.

It is important that you leave your minutes to the peace that gave you the most satisfaction and smile during your journey on this earth.

Your wife and your figurines. Yes, that's it....good choice

I wish you all the best dear mr. Innkeeper... I wish you a peaceful and quiet journey wherever you'll go on earth or in middle earth...

Sincerely

Nino

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#204 Tue, Sep20 2022 11:25pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Coming back after a long time of being absent and reading this it's like a hit in the face.
Ian I wish you and Mrs B from the depth of my heart a long lasting time to spend together.
Never give up, so you get all your remaining minis painted!
All the best wishes from Down Under Holger

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#205 Wed, Sep21 2022 2:48am

hsf62
Master Caster

I'm just wondering if any of you have a spare MZ672 Camel and driver and is willing selling it to me?

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#206 Wed, Sep21 2022 8:13am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Hi there Holger, I wish I could help you but alas I don't have a spare one sad

As a side note, I notice some people still come here while the forum is closed and only there for archive, Please could you go to the new website : https://mmp.faerylands.net
I will now definitly close this forum

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

Board footer