Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 Fri, May22 2009 5:09am

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

Re: Battle Game Rules - What would you recommend?

I've been doing some research (badly - I'm tired) and I keep coming back to the idea of a skirmish level battle game that uses the MECCG rules to resolve combat.

I've no idea how one would do that, but it would be insanely awesome - Mithrils and MECCGS!

Gavin

#27 Fri, May22 2009 8:55am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

mhh why not, I did that once...MECCG using a HUGE map of middle earth and figurines as support and representations.

but such games usually take more than 3 hours for a single 'duel'
I visited some sites yesterday and found out that some MECCG cards were quite rare actually, especially the Balrog sets... which has a card that allows you to play Sauron himself. I have this card but I did not know it could be so valuable.

well I think this thread should now be put into discussion in the Chambers of Mandos? for technical aspects

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#28 Sun, May24 2009 12:51am

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

I was thinking some "hack" that would let you run small conflicts with mithrils in some fashion. Must ponder on this one more :p

#29 Sun, May24 2009 11:48am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

mmhh what do you mean by "hack"?

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#30 Sun, May24 2009 9:22pm

Gavin
Skilled Artisan

Sorry, using gamer speak when I should not.

The card game is set up, mechanically to have a competitive "deck" of forces moving around a map of Middle Earth.

By "hack" I mean some manner in which the "deck" of forces would move around a smaller map. So you could run the Battle of Dale, say, and have forces moving from place to place on a map covering the Long Lake. So each faction's deck of cards controls the big events of the battle, and the dice mechanic from the card game deals with the actual skirmishes (for which you use miniatures).

Anyway, I am just speculating out loud here!

smile

Gavin

#31 Mon, May25 2009 7:54am

protozeus
Adventurer

Interesting directions ...hmmm ... must also consider this in more detail. Some modifiers for the dice throws should be given (range, cover, terrain) etc., perhaps also using some other cards reflecting the environment ...

ménin aeíde, theá, beórnou órkeiphágou!

#32 Tue, May26 2009 3:48am

twrich
The Man in the Dark

Gildor, I too love MECCG, and this was before I became such a Mithril fanatic. I have them all, and many in multiples. Let me know if you need any special card you are missing.

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those that wander are lost." (Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring)

#33 Tue, May26 2009 7:48am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Oh I miss none of them smile I just miss doubles of "Morgul Night" to make my "very rare cards" deck with lots of original Nazgul playable.
At the moment I think I only have one or two Morgul Nights and I'd need three but since I have not been playing for years there is no hurry at all wink in terms of collection I don't think I miss a single card, not even the "one ring" or the "Sauron" card from ME:BA

#34 Tue, May26 2009 8:18am

protozeus
Adventurer

On my part, I was turned away from actively pursuing Mithrils for a while exactly because METW (or MECCG, nowadays) drained my budget. Now it is time for reconciliation. I am completely cured from card games. Oh, by the way, anyone having som Finnish or Japanese ME cards to spare? wink

ménin aeíde, theá, beórnou órkeiphágou!

#35 Tue, May26 2009 8:20am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well i have all the german 'exclusive!' promo cards (that do not exist even in english!) and some french ones  but no other variants alas

#36 Tue, May26 2009 11:43am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Ok I have moved this topic into the new game forum smile so that we can split the different topics in several threads...

It would be cool to have well identified topics with prefixes.... [battlegame]  [meccg]  or [merp]  (these are only examples)

Board footer