Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Tue, Jan25 2011 7:39pm

celtof
Traveller

Some of my Mithril

Hello everyone!

I've finally decided to show some of the Mithril I've painted. Unfortunately I painted them aaaaggess ago, but someday when I have my own house and some time I will paint all the ones that are still in blisters .. Not in the near future though... unfortunately.

So these have been painted with oil paint. I started using acrylics but at that time there was not much information on the internet so I had my own not great painting technique and some day I saw some Mithril oil painted in some French  magazines (Casus Belli and Dragon Magazine). And I was like 'wow'. Really impressed. So I decided to take the plunge. And started painted with oil using my own techniques again wink. I even had to do a smooth transition from acrylic to oil because I could not figure out how to paint faces with oil only. So at the beginning, my first oil painted Mithril (Silmarien the Mage, I can remember wink) had the clothes painted with oil and the face with acrylic. Oh well anyways... those I am showing now do not have acrylic on them.

But as you can see I am not really good as well at doing the base and stuff. Some of you make very awesome dioramas ! I'd like to learn from them smile

So here we go....

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

Click to close

edit - for some reason the photos got a reddish hue after the upload...

Last edited by celtof (Tue, Jan25 2011 7:44pm)

#2 Tue, Jan25 2011 8:51pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Re: Some of my Mithril

Ah- beautiful figures there, Master celtof!
Good to know there is onther one painting in oil, besides myself. cool

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#3 Tue, Jan25 2011 9:37pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Very nice painting work dear new Mithril friend... please be welcome to left your picture on Who is Who topic... And come again with new pictures soon smile

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#4 Wed, Jan26 2011 12:47am

OriginalAragorn
Strider

Excellent work!  Very impressive blending and colors.  You are very good.  big_smile

And here we find you feasting and idling - and smoking! Smoking! Where did you come by the weed, you villains? - Gimli

#5 Wed, Jan26 2011 4:23am

hsf62
Master Caster

I like what I see! Very nice work Master Celtof!wink

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#6 Wed, Jan26 2011 8:18am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Magnifique ! lol

I suggest you send your work to Micheal on mithril site as it shall be part of Fan galleries

Last edited by Milo (Wed, Jan26 2011 8:18am)

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#7 Wed, Jan26 2011 7:09pm

celtof
Traveller

Thank you very much everyone! That's really nice to read.

As you can see, there is still a lot of improvement to be done for instance on the wood bases.
I bought these wooden ones aaaggess ago and I don't like them very much. I don't know what to do to make it look better. I got new ones a couple of years but haven't managed to use them yet.

Woud painting with a less transparent color make it better? Varnishing? As well, I saw some dioramas with nice lettering used to display the name of the scene. I'll need to find on the web some information about that.

I've started browsing the galleries in here, and I am really really impressed. You are really good! I know where I can get some tips for dioramas smile

#8 Wed, Jan26 2011 8:03pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

There are many treasures in the Art Gallery.
I recommend you check at least these ones:
Moria from Turambar,
Dead marshes from Thingol,
every Estel's battle fields
Ddaine's unexpected party,
hfs62's conversions
some from me also:P

And now we even have some professional painting tutorials from Elroi.

In fact everything is to be checked, but you will need several days !
Do not hesitate to post your thoughts on it, it is always good to get new & fresh feedback.

Last edited by Milo (Thu, Jan27 2011 7:19am)

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#9 Thu, Jan27 2011 1:32am

Wendy
Slowest Painter Ever
Website

Very nice work celtof.  smile

For information on bases and nameplates and such, check out this forum:  http://www.tbforum.co.uk/  They're based in the UK so they know all the good places to find them and they're nice guys to boot.  Feel free to ask questions there too.  smile

There's nothing wrong with mixing media - lots of painters do it all the time.  big_smile

Board footer