Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 Wed, Mar23 2011 11:06pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Re: THE HOBBIT MOVIE

... we will soon see a complete list of roles. I hope Jack Black would not been one of actors. I can not imagine this man as any of Hobbit characters ! Or... he could be one of the goblins in great goblin cave.... or great goblin himself... so it would not be able to recognize him... big_smile

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#27 Wed, Mar23 2011 11:20pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Most of the cast is already known and has been announced (http://the-hobbit-movie.com/), and currently Jack Black is not amongst them. Bard and the Mayor are just about the only principal characters not cast (or, at least, not revealed).

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#28 Thu, Mar24 2011 12:01pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Cheers to all converters! cool

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#29 Thu, Mar24 2011 12:20pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Wrong place ! nothing to drink with no bar I think tongue
You cut your own head or what ?

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#30 Thu, Mar24 2011 12:31pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I think the Master Caster has had too much liquid refreshment already today....

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#31 Thu, Mar24 2011 12:36pm

hsf62
Master Caster

Maybe that hit in the head in kickboxing wasn't to good.tongue

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#32 Thu, Mar24 2011 3:45pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

that's strange, one of the "main" roles is not casted yet?  Elrond does not appear....

and also, who will play Tom, Bert and William smile  lol

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#33 Thu, Mar24 2011 4:53pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I've "heard" that Hugo Weaving has been signed up, but as you say, Master Gildor, he isn't in the list - I hadn't noticed that. I wonder if he's been asked but hasn't yet confirmed his availability?

#34 Thu, Mar24 2011 5:18pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well I know he is playing "Red Skull" in the next Captain America - First Avenger movie but I suppose the filming is over for this one... I don't know...

I heard Leonard Nimoy may play the voice for Smaug... and well, who will play Sauron? as there will indeed be a Sauron manifestation, else I could not explain a casting for Thror, Thrain, Saruman and Galadriel...

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#35 Thu, Mar24 2011 5:28pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

And I've heard that Bill Nighy is doing the voice of Smaug! I suspect that rumours will continue to abound until actors have categorically signed their contracts.

#36 Thu, Mar24 2011 9:55pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well most of them have... still some key roles remain to be fixed... I don't care a lot about Smaug... as I will get a french version and it will be a translation... but for Elrond... I think it is important...  as would be Bard Bowman and the mayor of laketown I suppose....

#37 Thu, Mar24 2011 10:20pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

They have more than one year to find actors for Bard Bowman and mayor of Lake town... they come in second part of movie and in last 5 chapters of book.... so we will see soon enough. I'm sure that P.J. will choose interesting guys to preform these roles

#38 Thu, Mar24 2011 10:23pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

Well, what about King Thranduil ?! There was a rumour that David Bowie is about to act . . .

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#39 Thu, Mar24 2011 10:25pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

David Bowie... like guy from the Labyrinth ' se here /  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091369/ lol

#40 Thu, Mar24 2011 11:26pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

Thranduil? but I thought it was confirmed yet... David Tennant as Thranduil.. though it may not yet be totally confirmed (a bit like leonard nimoy I suppose..)

#41 Fri, Mar25 2011 6:59am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

David Tennant as Thranduil? That's an old rumour that keeps rearing its head, most recently in January this year. But it's still only a rumour and has been repeatedly denied by evryone connected with Tennant and the film - which may mean it's true!

#42 Fri, Mar25 2011 8:29am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

precisely master butterburr, precisely... Now though I may have to invest some money...

as a matter of fact I was offered a genuine replica (certified by Weta) of Glamdring, years ago, by a weapon-smith/seller I was working for (developping his website).. quite a good looking sword along with my figurines glasscases in the living room (can you imagine the living room of of Noldo elf) but anyway...

Now I suppose they'll forge Orcrist sword.... and well I suppose that Orcrist would sit well alongside Glamdring smile

#43 Wed, Apr13 2011 8:45am

erchamion
Adventurer

First scene of the film: Riddles in the dark.....winksmile

http://www.elfenomeno.com/info/ver/2073 … del-rodaje

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#44 Thu, Apr14 2011 12:56pm

erchamion
Adventurer

....And today Peter Jackson has posted this video in Facebook big_smilesmilecool

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php … p;comments

¡Fuera, viejo Tumulario! ¡Desaparece a la luz! ¡Encógete como la niebla fría, llora como el viento en las tierra estériles, más allá de los montes! ¡No regreses aquí! ¡Deja vacío el túmulo! Perdido y olvidado, más sombrío que la sombra, quédate donde las puertas están cerradas para siempre, hasta los tiempos de un mundo mejor. Tom Bombadil LOTR1

#45 Thu, Apr14 2011 1:04pm

Milo
The Attic Warden

Now we see a bit more. It's a great feeling for me !
Tha nks for the link master erchamion!coolcool

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#46 Thu, Apr14 2011 1:15pm

shadyt
Traveller

Thanks for keeping us updated on this!

#47 Thu, Apr14 2011 3:14pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Keeping yourself up to date about the movie is very easy if you take the time to check...

http://the-hobbit-movie.com/

...which is much better than the official movie site (well, it is at the moment, though that may chenge in time).

#48 Sat, Apr16 2011 6:52pm

cameosis
Master of Languages

Gildor Inglorion wrote:

and also, who will play Tom, Bert and William smile  lol

tom, bert and william as the main protagonists of the movie will appear as themselves.

on another note, the norwegian movie "troll hunter" is quite entertaining -- some anti-troll propaganda, but nothing serious. lol

friend thingol, you should really watch this movie, but i can't tell you why -- if you ever watch it, you will know immediately. wink

Esse quam videri. (Marcus Tullius Cicero)

#49 Sat, Apr16 2011 7:10pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

cameosis wrote:

on another note, the norwegian movie "troll hunter" is quite entertaining -- some anti-troll propaganda, but nothing serious. lol

friend thingol, you should really watch this movie, but i can't tell you why -- if you ever watch it, you will know immediately. wink

I just looked at the trailer. I will try to find it and download it.... looks interesting and scary...

#50 Sat, Apr16 2011 8:15pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Haven't heard of this movie - is it a spoof?

Board footer