Many Mithril Pages @ Faerylands

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Thu, Jun2 2016 11:48am

Milo
The Attic Warden

Helm's Deep - 'The fire of Orthanc'

New releases are available on mithril web site.
Only 6 holes left ! wink

Here there are:
Click to close

M541, M542, M543, M544, M545 are created in MMP database.
Master Gildor, could you please add Helm's Deep - 'The fire of Orthanc' in database collection list ?wink

Last edited by Milo (Thu, Jun2 2016 11:48am)

Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater

#2 Thu, Jun2 2016 12:20pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Re: Helm's Deep - 'The fire of Orthanc'

Drum...drum... figures are great.. price is not great.. but I will buy them soon...

.... Farewell to Middle-earth at last. I see the Star above my mast!

#3 Thu, Jun2 2016 3:48pm

Mornedhel
Traveller

I cannot share The idea the figures are great. They are fine, Yes but quite standard and below today production

#4 Thu, Jun2 2016 4:09pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

The figures look fine to me, but the price is - as predicted elsewhere on this site - horrible. Just one of each figure will cost about £50 (not sure what that is in Mickey Mouse Euros, but equally horrible I imagine). I shall buy one set at least, plus maybe some extras, but I'll have to arrange a bank overdraft first.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#5 Thu, Jun2 2016 4:20pm

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

You cannot be serious about the price, Master Barliman ... one figure about 50 GBP ??? That simply is wrong when you have a look at the prices at Mithril's official board.

#6 Thu, Jun2 2016 4:28pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

No, Master Tree, "one of each figure" is what I said - i.e. five figures in total.Not even Mithril would dare tio charge £50 per figure. Not yet anyway.

"A worthy man, but his memory is like a lumber-room: thing wanted always buried."

#7 Thu, Jun2 2016 5:42pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

those figurines have been sculpted LOOOOOOOOOONG ago, and since that time, the Man has increased details and many aspect of his sculpting... we can see , through them, a flashback both in style, precision and pose that was far better in the recent years...  but still, they were to be released... so here they are...

the price though.... ouch... I'd have to retrieve how expensive we paid last time, for helm's deep 2... I don't remember them to be that high... I still have the bill somewhere.

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#8 Thu, Jun2 2016 9:41pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

7,65 Euros were figures in Helms deep I, 11,95 Euros were figures in HD II... bigger and sculpted with more details than HD III and those are also 11,95... my opinion is that this is to much for this kind of figures... but do we have a choice ?.... yes we have... to wait first bigger discount....

#9 Thu, Jun2 2016 11:30pm

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

The price??????? C´mon people: you pay everytime since years about 21 euros for single figures like Woman feeding chicken or disfiguring elves . . .
And now you blame this 12 euros ??????
Nevertheless those are 2010-like orcs. That is nothing to wonder about if orcs sculpted in 2010 or earlier were released in 2016.
Anyway- I do like them a lot and will buy every single one surely.

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#10 Fri, Jun3 2016 7:06am

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

I think they're expensive. You don't. That's fine. I've bought a set regardless, though I shall await one of Mithril's fairly frequent reduced price sales before I buy any more.

#11 Fri, Jun3 2016 1:33pm

Gerold
Adventurer

oh yes, and do you remember the time of the Lossarnach figures ? 3,75 euro for 1 fig and 6,20 euro for a set of two figs...THAT was cheap!

Only five empty numbers left now... Will there be a Helm's Deep part IV (or IIIb) ? Or something completely different...

#12 Fri, Jun3 2016 2:06pm

hsf62
Master Caster

A Helm's Deep 4 for Euro 15.00 a figure...  lollollol

Where there is a will there is a way, just as there are no problems, only solutions! Guess it depends on ones own perspective of the matter at that time big_smile

#13 Fri, Jun3 2016 2:23pm

Maenas
Traveller

I also think they are expensive, as I think paying 21 euros for a single miniature is expensive too (whether it is a named character or not, it does not matter to me nowadays).
I will also wait for the next discount offer.

It is a pity that Mithril is "promoting" my kind of behaviour... I mean. There must be more people thinking this very same thing... "I will wait for the next discount" If I were the owner I would prefer a kind of steady income, than a couple or three yearly huge incomes. With this method/behaviour they are also discouraging people from the autoshipment, I think....

---
Mae govannen mellon nín.

#14 Fri, Jun3 2016 2:27pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

usually mass production (retail sets) are cheaper than single GF ones.... that's scale economy. and indee 11,95 is cheaper than 21€

still, those figurines are not the result of suggestion, votes, and our ideas and there is a clear lack of detail dating back from 2010 as master Turambar points out.

Also, buying five 11,95€ figs in a row is not the same budget as buying one 21€ per month ... so it is subjectivly expensive.
Most of all when you consider there will be promo offers at one point or another in the future...

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." (Gildor Inglorion, LOTR1)

#15 Fri, Jun3 2016 6:35pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Many times it's proven that the real price of their figure, factory achieved with discaount of at least 30%... so those figures are for me in price range of Mirkwood 2... this is to expensive for me.. but in final, figures will anyway fall into my collection...

#16 Fri, Jun3 2016 7:18pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well with autoshipment that makes them at 10,75€ still a bit high, but less...

the advantage points though (which I never use normally...) makes them with a discount of 40€ oO  which makes the whole at 25€ including shipping oO

I suppose some of you possess advantage points too, you should check it !

#17 Fri, Jun3 2016 7:48pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Never looked at mine yet. I shall have to see what I've accrued.

#18 Fri, Jun3 2016 7:53pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Barliman wrote:

Never looked at mine yet. I shall have to see what I've accrued.

It is worth it, I got a good lot having 'forgotten' about the Advantage Points - is there a time limit though? Can't remember.

#19 Fri, Jun3 2016 7:55pm

ddaines
Skilled Artisan

Gerold wrote:

oh yes, and do you remember the time of the Lossarnach figures ? 3,75 euro for 1 fig and 6,20 euro for a set of two figs...THAT was cheap!

Only five empty numbers left now... Will there be a Helm's Deep part IV (or IIIb) ? Or something completely different...

I remember when a single figure was 99p, less than £1 UK wink.

#20 Sat, Jun4 2016 9:08am

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

yes there is a time limit, so better use them once in a while before they are gone (mine were up until 2017 so there is time yet but well, as I am on autoshipment for GF,  it is interesting only for regulars... as you can imagine, I won't buy loyalty figures ever as I have them all)

#21 Sat, Jun4 2016 10:41am

Turambar
Archer of Mirkwood

May I add something. (normally things r-eappear not once!)
This is unfortunately only a screenshot, dated Sep, 30, 2011!

Click to close

Last edited by Turambar (Sat, Jun4 2016 10:42am)

Maybe the magic was the most powerful force in the world. But that was long ago.
The dragons are gone, the giants are dead and the children of the woods are forgotten.

#22 Sat, Jun4 2016 11:43am

Theobald
Wisest of Ents
Website

Indeed, those so-called "advantage points" are not of any advantage for collectors on autoshipment.

#23 Sat, Jun4 2016 12:06pm

Gildor Inglorion
Wandering Elf
Website

well they are in this case master Theobald , I overuled the autoshipment by ordering manually beforehand (and I warned MaryAnn at mithril to be sure)
this way i was able to use my advantage points.

As Michael once said, autoshipment applies automatically if you have not passed an order before the autoshipment process (wich is done one week or two after figs are put for sale) . If you order manually then autoshipment is put on hold for this release. Well that's how it is supposed to work

#24 Mon, Jun13 2016 6:23pm

Barliman
The famous Innkeeper

Well, my bomb-crew arrived today.

Is it just me, or are the Orcs unexpectedly.......tiny?

#25 Mon, Jun13 2016 6:49pm

Thingol
Brave Sam the gardener
Website

Orcish baby bomb unit....

Board footer